PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a car trailer that wants to go down to CT and back let me know

Nickerz
04-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Prices negotiable :headbang

Doesn't need to be covered, but needs to be insured.

Yooformula
04-05-2011, 06:11 PM
whats your time frame and the vehicle?

nismodave
04-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Ct?

LIL EVO
04-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Connecticuit?

Nickerz
04-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Sorry NC. Possible mustang purchase :goof As long as everything sounds good with it within the next week or two preferably. I would be riding along in case the car is grossly misrepresented.

Cash in hand and rig out, so I want to get logistics down.

Dr.Buick
04-05-2011, 09:06 PM
I will rent you my trailer

Nickerz
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I will rent you my trailer

I would consider this as a last resort, just that I don't really have any experience driving a truck and trailer, and don't want the first time to be picking up the car I waited many years to buy. :stare

Still looking for quotes for anyone willing.

Nickerz
04-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Just did a deal over the phone, looking to get this in motion for next week or next weekend. PM for phone number.

Josepy
04-07-2011, 12:47 PM
fly down take a look at the car and drive it. if you like it pay for it get the title and have the car shipped back. when i sold the z28 to texas it only cost $500 to ship. you will have that in gas alone. or set it up where the shipping company can be there the same time you are to pick it up. i have done this many times and it is simple to do.

Yooformula
04-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Jeff at autohaul inc. 1-877-777-0077, good guy to deal with and only charged me $495 to ship a non running car from NJ to here fully insured with no trailer transferring. Joe is right especially regarding the price of gas nowadays!

michelle
04-07-2011, 01:07 PM
uship.com?

Nickerz
04-07-2011, 01:14 PM
fly down take a look at the car and drive it. if you like it pay for it get the title and have the car shipped back. when i sold the z28 to texas it only cost $500 to ship. you will have that in gas alone. or set it up where the shipping company can be there the same time you are to pick it up. i have done this many times and it is simple to do.

If it was fairly stockish I would be game for it, but its 600hp and really just don't want to put a 900 straight mile drive on it. I'm sure it would be OK, since its a very good build with a crate motor, so no build nightmares, but the car just isn't designed with that kind of driving in mind.

I'm going to give this joe guy a call.

Josepy
04-07-2011, 01:21 PM
If it was fairly stockish I would be game for it, but its 600hp and really just don't want to put a 900 straight mile drive on it. I'm sure it would be OK, since its a very good build with a crate motor, so no build nightmares, but the car just isn't designed with that kind of driving in mind.

I'm going to give this joe guy a call.

I never said drive it back. i said ship it. Up to you on what you do. I would fly down and have the car shipped back. Hope it all works out for you.

Ricky Bobby
04-07-2011, 05:30 PM
call john has a truck with bed attached 2629491500 know him for 15yrs good gut to deal with

2006wrxtr
04-10-2011, 11:40 AM
A 900 miles interstate drive would be very easy on the car. I bought my 90lx with Strim in St. Louis, flew up there from New Orleans, met the seller, inspected the car, took it on a 20min test drive. Everything looked good so I made the deal and drove it home. This car had a 306 with a Strim and made 440whp and I made several roadtrips all over the place. Made the trip between New Orleans and Milwaukee 3 times with out a hitch. Only issue I had was hydroplaning off the road when a freak downpour popped up in Jackson, MS. The MT Dragradials don't like water. Also went to florida and houston a couple times.

I do think your best bet is to fly down make the deal and ship it back. That way you are coverd if there is any type of damage to the vehicle during transport. You can take pics of the car to document condition before shipping. Not sure if your insurance would cover it if God forbid there was anytype of accident or damage to the car during transport.

Mike

Yooformula
04-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Any reputable GOOD shipper will carry insurance that covers the car for ANY incident that could happen while in their possession. Thats a big reason why you want a shipper that wont transfer your car from one shipping agent to another mid travel as it reduces the chances of something going wrong. Alot of shipping companies do it if there is someone else going closer to you then them.

Nickerz
04-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Guy backed out when I asked him to drop it off at a shop for an inspection I was paying. Shady.

BoosTT
04-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Everyone else has the right idea. Look at it in person and have it shipped. Uship.com is the shit! Then again, I guess it depends on the price of the car and if you are willing to take a chance.

hrsp
04-13-2011, 09:15 PM
thats fishy he wouldnt take it to a mechanic your paying for