PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work for AT&T?

srt4eh
04-02-2011, 02:01 PM
My wife is interested in upgrading from her iPhone 3G to an iPhone 4. Her official upgrade date is May 4, 2011 but we would like to not wait another month if possible, without paying the extra $200 for "early upgrade". We asked at an AT&T store and they told us they can't do anything there. I asked Apple online and they said I'd have to call the AT&T 1-800 number, which they gave me. I called and the rep said that they could do it for any phone except the iPhone. Is this true? If so...why is everyone giving me a runaround? If not...can someone hook me up? Thanks

pOrk
04-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Why can't you wait 28 more days?

srt4eh
04-02-2011, 04:29 PM
because her current phone is starting to act up and acting really sluggish and she's out of warranty

pOrk
04-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Try to do a factory reset?

srt4eh
04-02-2011, 04:33 PM
yeah...we've done all that...I wish that would have fixed it lol

xxtremeteam
04-02-2011, 04:46 PM
they wont budge on the iphone at&t will blame apple, apple will blame at&t wet through this like 2 years ago I just got a iphone 4 yesterday it rocks

lordairgtar
04-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Just deal with the 28 days. We survived over 100 years without cell phones and all the access they provide. I know the phones become an extension of our life and instant and constant connection with family and friends...but I would wait the 28 days. That's what I'm doing and my phone's been crap for a year.

03Seville
04-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah just wait it out, their going to have you running circles for the next 28 days anyway unless you want to dish out the full price.

If anything switch her over to an old phone you have laying around for the next few weeks lol

Xephona
04-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Noticed your sig... if you are still in the military, then here is a fun little trick for future reference...

Whenever you get deployed or military orders for another base. Take them in and cancel your plan. While I was in the Air Force a couple years back, I didn't feel like paying for a cell phone that I couldn't use, and the provider wouldn't place a hold on the account or anything, so I just handed them a copy of my orders and told them that their service didn't work in the desert, so by law they were required to end my contract with no early termination fees, and I was able to keep the phone. Just signed a new contract when I got back.

In your case, toss em a copy of your orders (or faked orders if you are friends with the squadron dispatcher or whoever is in charge of assignments), and have your wife sign a new contract in a day or two. Yes, it is shady and probably illegal to fake orders like that... just stating what a few squadron members did, since the provider doesn't know what half of the crap on those papers mean anyway.

michelle
04-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Wow.

srt4eh
04-03-2011, 08:07 AM
lol...I'd probably be told that they have the widest coverage area out there and that every military installation is 4g capable...lol

FoxStang
04-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Might be that I'm on a corporate account, but when I went in to the store and actually talked to a rep 3 months out from an upgrade when my iphone crapped out, they gave me an upgrade. Over the phone they said it wasn't going to happen. Worth a try I guess. Or buy a dirt cheap ebay BB backup if you have an iphone, chances are sooner or later its going to need a fix...