PDA

View Full Version : Axford

JC70SS
03-31-2011, 05:56 PM
Well, since I got bashed last year on Hoffman, I will also start on Axford. As i predicted Hoffman would be out as closer. I am also going to say by June 1 Axford will not be our closer either.

jbiscuit
03-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Axford is just as bad as Hoffman in my mind. Throws meatballs right down the center of the plate for anyone and everyone to blast ten rows deep in the outfield. Unacceptable. This will be a test of the new skipper too. I give him a 5-6 more chances at closing out a game. If he fails, you HAVE to sit him. No more giving away 20-25 games like Macha liked to do!!

wheelsofsteel
04-01-2011, 08:10 AM
By June??? I hope not that long if performances like that continue.
Don't get me wrong, i understand that this is still only the 1st game of a VERY long season. But I watched him thru preseason and I was afraid of this. He didn't look "lights out" at all in preseason.
Hopefully we don't have a Gagne on our hands.

JC70SS
04-01-2011, 10:06 AM
By June??? I hope not that long if performances like that continue.
Don't get me wrong, i understand that this is still only the 1st game of a VERY long season. But I watched him thru preseason and I was afraid of this. He didn't look "lights out" at all in preseason.
Hopefully we don't have a Gagne on our hands.

Oh yeah I forgot Macha is gone.

Korndogg
04-01-2011, 11:33 AM
The main reason they signed him was for his wicked curve ball but you still need more than one pitch to make it happen. I dunno, I'm not going to give up on a guy on the first game.

badass88gt
04-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm not giving up yet but I have never liked Axford since day one. Hopefully things turn around in a hurry.