PDA

View Full Version : Part Time Job

2006wrxtr
03-28-2011, 05:52 PM
I decided to get a part time job to fund fixing up my 85' Mustang GT
Being in New Orleans and close to the Gulf I got a job on a Fishing
Boat. We go out Friday afternoon and come back ion Sunday afternoon.

I had no expirence on a fishing boat but was in the Navy and have expirence
on the water. Being new I had to start at the bottom as a Baiter.

Boss called this morning and told me I have been doing a great job, and this
weekend will be promoted to Master Baiter..

I can't wait.

lordairgtar
03-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Groan!

Prince Valiant
03-28-2011, 06:09 PM
That's cool as hell...I LOVE fishing in the gulf and have always wanted to go out on an overnight deap sea fishing. Most the ones I've done are until late...like back at the docks by 3 am.

What depths do you guys go for? What are you guys pulling in? I'd like to do some night fishing for cubera snapper.

2006wrxtr
03-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Mostly Red Snapper. We use Shrimp and Squid mostly for bait.
Depth really just depends on where they're at.
Use a 20# line with a 10oz sinker.

Yooformula
03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
I wouldnt touch gulf coast seafood if it were free. just because they sank the floating oil and dropped it out of sight doesnt mean its clean. where my sister lives in Destin, FL they spot dolphins and ALL sorts of deep water sealive washing up dead and coated in gunk.

HITMAN
03-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Having done my own share of master-baiting in the past, I find that the delectable Pink Snapper is a much more satisfying species to, uh, fish for. The Red Snapper has always been an indication of some sort of underlying problem, such as an infection and are therefore less enticing. Another interesting species is the Hooterfish, Areolae Slipperynipplus. About the size of a small melon is best.

Good fishing to you...

Ricky Bobby
03-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Having done my own share of master-baiting in the past, I find that the delectable Pink Snapper is a much more satisfying species to, uh, fish for. The Red Snapper has always been an indication of some sort of underlying problem, such as an infection and are therefore less enticing. Another interesting species is the Hooterfish, Areolae Slipperynipplus. About the size of a small melon is best.

Good fishing to you...now that shit is post of the YR material lmao