PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Amphitheater...during hip-hop concert...with pregnant wife? Thoughts?

Exitspeed
03-28-2011, 05:00 PM
My wife and I want to go to the Kanye concert at the Marcus Amphitheater at Summerfest. She's pregnant now, and will be like 5 months along at that point.

My question is, has anyone been there during a hip-hop concert or other concerts where there might be people smoking weed? Neither one of us smoke weed, but we don't care if others do either, but with her being pregnant it's a different story. I've been to other concerts at Summerfest not at the Amphitheater and there's been tons of people smoking weed. Are they more strict in the Amphitheater?

*Please don't make this an issue about my preference in music or artists that I support. Yes, I know Kanye is a douche.

03Seville
03-28-2011, 05:32 PM
The last one I went to their was a Ludacris one and yeah their was quite a bit of people smoking... Honestly Im not even sure the noise itself would be good for a pregnant women. imo anyway

lordairgtar
03-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Depends on what you care for more...the show, or your wife and baby to be.

Car Guy
03-28-2011, 06:48 PM
No.

Mudd Runner
03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
This has bad idea all over it.

Exitspeed
03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Depends on what you care for more...the show, or your wife and baby to be.

Well obviously I care most about seeing Kanye. :rolleyes:

I didn't even think of the noise honestly. Although with our last son she used a palm sander to sand our entire bedroom set while I was out of town and he turned out fine. :durr lol

jbiscuit
03-28-2011, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't even think about risking this one. Too many people (read: idiots) in one area. Its a no go.

PureSound15
03-28-2011, 08:31 PM
I was shocked at how many people were smoking pot on the grass near the museum during the fireworks :(

I've experienced the same on the summerfest grounds. Not cool for a baby, or for anyone that gets hair tested at work regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BR3W CITY
03-28-2011, 09:17 PM
First, almost any hiphop concert (even friggin will smith) will have pot smoking. Actually pretty much ANY concert will. Second, his opening act is Kid Cudi. There will be MAD weed smoking at that concert. Having been to previous venue with him, it will be hazy.
Finally (and I REALLY don't intent to start a shitstorm or tell you what to do with you life/child), but second hand marijuana smoke will not harm your wife or child, especially in an outdoor venue for ~3hrs. With it being outdoor theres no guarantee you would even be exposed to it, and even if you sat NEXT to it, the ppm would still be so miniscule that its unlikely any measurable amount could enter the bloodstream.
I think the more likely danger is the actual crowd, either from the number and force of people moving (anyone thats been to summerfest has been forced around in a crowd), or the risk of a fight on the grounds. My .02

tbarsch
03-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Agree with the biscuit on this one...

Ricky Bobby
03-28-2011, 10:48 PM
This has bad idea all over it.This

Exitspeed
03-29-2011, 08:42 AM
This makes the most sense. The crowd in general was another issue that concerned me.

We're not going to go.

What everyone has said was my gut instinct, but I just wanted to see if I was being paranoid. We're not concert goers, and we've never been in the Amphitheater.

BoosTT
03-29-2011, 12:01 PM
"Piss on it"

Feature Pony
03-29-2011, 01:33 PM
the noise would be amplified by 10,000 in the womb. I was reading up on this when my wife was prego, I wouldn't risk it. Maybe if she was 3 weeks but not 5 months!

-stew-
03-29-2011, 02:20 PM
I'll buy the tickets from you if you already have them.

Exitspeed
03-29-2011, 02:26 PM
I'll buy the tickets from you if you already have them.

Tickets are still available.

BigSnailBuick
03-29-2011, 03:27 PM
The second hand bud smoke isnt going to harm anyone unless your in a bubble with 10 joints lol...The sound on the other hand. idk if you go just be in the back, not right next to a giant speaker and im sure you will be fine. Honestly asking this wish wash group of worry warts isnt going to help..If it is truly a concern I'd just give your doctor a quick ring and see what he/she says.

BR3W CITY
03-29-2011, 03:40 PM
The second hand bud smoke isnt going to harm anyone unless your in a bubble with 10 joints lol...
hmm, I need to buy a bubble, that could be fun.

BigSnailBuick
03-29-2011, 04:54 PM
hmm, I need to buy a bubble, that could be fun.

Perhaps you can make due with a few friends and a small closet? :D

BR3W CITY
03-29-2011, 10:16 PM
2 people can hotbox a Denali sufficiently.
/weed threadjack

brotherbenn83
03-30-2011, 12:32 AM
As long as your wife isn't Taylor Swift, she should be okay.

BR3W CITY
03-30-2011, 07:44 AM
^?
But I would not complain if she were.

-stew-
03-30-2011, 08:46 AM
As long as your wife isn't Taylor Swift, she should be okay.

If my wife was Taylor Swift I'd do coke off her tits.

CannotPost
03-30-2011, 10:36 AM
I was shocked at how many people were smoking pot on the grass near the museum during the fireworks :(

or for anyone that gets hair tested at work regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LO fuckin L Seriously? I don't think you have any idea what your talking about.

BigSnailBuick
03-31-2011, 11:23 AM
If my wife was Taylor Swift I'd do coke off her tits.

Its just what should be done....lets move away from the obvious stew!