PDA

View Full Version : Guaging interest. DVDs for sale

05caddyext
03-28-2011, 09:38 AM
I have approx 500 Dvds that I'd like to sell. I also have about 50 different seasons of various tv shows including: Magnum P.I, NYPD Blue, The Unit, Friends, and a few others.

The only thing I am interested in doing is selling the entire lot of movies, I don't want to waste time separating them for a few bucks each. I would sell the entire set of movies for $500. $1 each. Is that realistic?

I would sell the tv shows for $5 each, but I will not separate those either. I will get a more accurate count of what I have for seasons if there seems to be interest in the deal. For instance, I have all 8 seasons of 24. I have seen them as cheap as $15.99 for older seasons at Target. (of course I paid a lot more when they just came out, oh well.) I would see those for $5 each, but you'd have to buy everything I have. Make sense?

Whole idea - trying to get away from this guy wants 2 movies, this guy wants 2. For $500 you can have a huge collection movies. For another $500 probably, you can have a huge collection of tv shows. If someone were interested in everything I have, I would sell everything for $800. I know I have at least $8000 invested in them.

WickedSix
03-28-2011, 11:03 AM
The only problem I see....is some people, like me, already have 100's of DVDs and are only looking to pick up a few movies you might have.... y no goto mega media with the whole lot and see what they'd give you?

05caddyext
03-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I realize people already have tons of movies, that's why I am only looking to get $1 each. For that price it would be worth it for someone to buy them, even if they already have the movie, then they can sell them at a profit. I just need the space in my house, I have way to many movies and I can't remember the last time I watched one from the rack.

Neal Steffek
03-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Do they all have the boxes and are in good condition?

Yooformula
03-28-2011, 05:04 PM
half price books buys all sorts of movies. I sold a box of 100 dvds last year otherwise try to unload the lot on ebay. I cant see why a used dvd store wouldnt pay that much for all of those sets.

05caddyext
03-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Yes, they are all real dvds, no burns. Excellent condition. A handful of them are probably bought movies from Blockbuster, maybe 20 total. The rest are all in new or like new condition. Most of them watched one time, then collecting dust.

1320PNY
03-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Like Yoo said, a used DVD store would give you the $1 ea you're looking for. I would like a crack at buying the ones I like for $5 ea. and then you can take the rest to the used store.

Post up an Excel file list of what you got and let us have at it first. I have a 1 year old and am looking to start the Disney / kid collection. I also want some old car movies for myself.