PDA

View Full Version : Mixing 93 octane with Pink stuff............ ?

awsomeears
03-27-2011, 08:50 PM
What is your thought on Mixing 93 ocatane with some Pink stuff, I always use shell or mobil 1.

I could just run all Pink stuff but its $$$$ and most of the time I'm Daily Driving it untill wheelsofsteel lines up, then its time for some Danger to Manifold :devil

Here is another question that relates to FUEL, my tank holds 12gallons (98 neon ) of fuel is it better to keep it full when its parked or just add xxx amount of gallons for the time I know I'll be using the car....

I know fuel can loose its kick and if I do go the route of mixing in some Race Gas should I park it full or just add a gallon and then fill up for a night of fun ?

Last year I did NOT keep it full, I would just fill up a few gallons and hit the streets. Of course when I know I'm going up north I fill the Tank to the TOP.

What Octanes are even out there now ?

paging Chad !!!

jbiscuit
03-27-2011, 10:01 PM
I keep fresh fuel in my 64 also. Just put in a few gallons as needed. Our gas goes bad quite quickly

awsomeears
03-27-2011, 10:18 PM
I keep fresh fuel in my 64 also. Just put in a few gallons as needed. Our gas goes bad quite quickly

And if that is the case I'd just keep a few gallons in it parked and when I know I'll be doing the opposite of Daily Driving it I can mix some pink stuff in...

pashtrd
03-28-2011, 01:14 AM
the problems with not keeping the tank topped up during storage is rust.The areas of the tank not covered by fuel can rust. This is a huge problem on motorcycle tanks. best bet is to use stabil and top it off.

awsomeears
03-28-2011, 09:19 AM
the problems with not keeping the tank topped up during storage is rust.The areas of the tank not covered by fuel can rust. This is a huge problem on motorcycle tanks. best bet is to use stabil and top it off.

I agree but my tank is Plastic :)

awsomeears
03-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Mainly doing this to help keep detonation occurring....... Dr. Chad whats your thought ?

KidCougar
03-31-2011, 07:00 AM
what kinda upgrades are on that neon....is it an srt4? if not why use anythign other than low octane fuel..just a waste unless your having pre detinition...

awsomeears
03-31-2011, 10:26 AM
what kinda upgrades are on that neon....is it an srt4? if not why use anythign other than low octane fuel..just a waste unless your having pre detinition...

98 neon and I'm just ok with adding a few gallons of race gas to keep things cool...... So far at 14lbs of boost I don't have any pre Det but when I wip this thing up to 20 I could. I'd rather have some added protection aka race gas....

This motor wasn't cheap so a few bucks in race gas is worth it

lilws6
03-31-2011, 03:51 PM

new guy doesn't know about the neon don't give any secrets away just line em up ;)

awsomeears
03-31-2011, 06:43 PM
new guy doesn't know about the neon don't give any secrets away just line em up ;)

Its Purple, the real Mans COLOR !!!

ha !