PDA

View Full Version : 2011 WRX Sedan input wanted

1320PNY
03-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Dealer invoice is $24804 which they agreed to do. Financing is 2.9%. I got $1200 for my existing car and and with
$1K down it is $453/mo.

Dark Gray WRX Sedan, base model (no frills). Nice commuter vehicle for me to take year round on sales calls in WI and surrounding states.

Waver
03-26-2011, 02:03 PM
good cars. Hatch or sedan?

michelle
03-26-2011, 02:07 PM
good cars. Hatch or sedan?

Sometimes Nick, you make things too easy.

Waver
03-26-2011, 03:50 PM
my fault, didnt read the sedan part..ask crawlin how he likes his sti, same car, except the wrx has a little less hp

davidrab
03-27-2011, 08:39 AM
To be honest, I really don't like my '10 base model but that's probably me because most
people seem to adore theirs. There are just some little things that bother me and make
me not like to drive it but I'll admit I'm picky. I'm sure a few few of those things can
helped out too (Accessport).

I do have to admit it's a pretty darn good deal for these cars though.

Crawlin
03-27-2011, 09:56 AM
I LOVE MINE!

Had great room for passengers, has alot of room in the trunk. I love how the base WRX sedan ahs the same body as the STI's now compared to the "Toyota Camry" look of the previous versions.

I looked at base sedans. That's what I was planning on purchasing.

For the financing, sometiems the advertised rate is only for certain loan terms. So they can give you 2.9% but it's only for 48 months. Otherwise it may be 3.9 for 60 and 4.9 for 72. I haven't looked. (Just looked and it even says 1.9% financing, so you'd have to have the dealer confirm what goes with which term). Now, they also have different "tiers" of credit. So while they may offer 2.9%, your credit may only qualify you for 3.9%. Not saying this is the case, just saying how it works in the business. Also, if you are looking online at the payment calculators from the dealer, the 3.9% in there is just a generic number in there to get a payment "estimate".

It handles very well, it was great this winter. The WRX is supposed to be quicker than the STI too(in 1/4 tests). The great thing about it is that your winter wheel/tire options will be alot easier because of not having to fit over the STI brakes.

The funny thing with the WRX's (since I had normally leased cars before, I bought my STI because of how much miles I am driving now) when I did a northshore bank lease for the base model WRX, with $2000 out of pocket it made the lease for a 3 year, 45,000 mile lease like $240/month, haha.

I bought mine through Wilde. It took a bit of bitching at management to get the deal I expected because they have their prices listed online, but then didn't adhere to that pricing when I visited them. Eventually I got an even better deal, but you can check subaru's website and go to shopping tools then "find inventory" and if you look at Wilde's prices. (ok nevermind, they've changed their pricing structure for advertising. they only have two and one of them is a hatch and the other is an STI)

When I was looking, the base sedans had discounts of about $2200-2500. I may even have a spreadsheet on my other computer of all the discounts. Gentile wasn't really willing to work with price since they only had a small allotment of them. Sommer's said they would match whatever deal Wilde gave me if I took one off of the lot. However they sold their World Rally Blue base WRX literally minutes before I could say that's the one I wanted. But they definitely were willing to work with customers. My STI I got about $3500 off sticker. It's not a "limited" since I didn't need all that extra stuff.

The SPT exhaust was definitely better sounding than the standard one. The SPT shifter is a waste of money since you'd be better off going aftermarket anyways. I would get the winter package if you can, the floormats are great. The stereo sucks in these cars.

lordairgtar
03-27-2011, 11:42 AM
As far as the interest you were quoted, that has more to do with your own credit. The stated 2.9 is the primo rate, but not everyone qualifies. Can you try a bank or credit union? 3.9 is actually a decent rate to get.

1320PNY
03-27-2011, 02:07 PM
I really appreciate the details. Thanks.

Lv2xlr8
03-28-2011, 06:53 PM
its a sweet ride for sure. My wife and I test drove one in January at Sommers. It was a black sedan, had the spt exhaust. We liked it, but didn't like the price, and the fact we would of had to spend additional $ for winter tires. It was going to be my wifes car anyway, we ended up with a Legacy 2.5I she has been averaging 34mpg's with it. No complaints I guess.

1320PNY
04-03-2011, 11:11 AM
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7574&d=1301451961

Crawlin
04-03-2011, 12:36 PM
NICE! Got one just like it in the parking lot of my girlfriend's complex. Color looks great!

Now get that rear piece above the license plate that is silver painted to match the rest of the car, and it will look great, haha