PDA

View Full Version : Russ Jerome is da man!

Prince Valiant
03-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Okay, the title states the obvious for anyone that knows him.

Giving Russ props because he made time to get my Dad's 89 Shelby CSX into his garage to put in the new clutch, trans, as well as tidy up a few loose (literally) odds and ends...

The idea is to finish a fairly decent restoration of my Dad's car by father's day...it's one of 500 numbered cars of that year, the last year of the shelby turbo dodges. What can I say? After Russ was done, I've probably got the best driving dodge shadow in the country :headbang :durr :banana

Thanks again Russ :thumbsup

CATNHAT
03-22-2011, 09:53 AM
That is pretty cool! I always wanted to do something like that for my dad too!

BigSnailBuick
03-22-2011, 01:19 PM
NICE work!!! I bet you old man will be very pleased :)

Prince Valiant
03-22-2011, 01:20 PM
That is pretty cool! I always wanted to do something like that for my dad too!Well, Dad bought it brand new...and it lived a pretty hard life with lots of racing, miles, and some occasional bad driving.

Now I just need to pick up a couple body parts (front and rear skirts/airdams) and then it's to paint.

But, it was either restore his car -or- buy him a 70 'cuda and restore/restify it to be just like the one he bought in 70 as his first new car---ever, 383 magnum, 727 torqueflite w/ slapstick, 3.55:1 gears, FK5 orange (deep burnt orange), but there was no way I could afford that :goof

nismodave
03-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Russ is the man! Helped me build and Maintain my 240.

One of the best Mechanics I know.

Waver
03-22-2011, 04:17 PM
I have always has a soft spot for those Shelby Dodges. I want to see pics of it when it is done... (I miss my 86 GLHS)

Russ Jerome
03-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Pleasure working on an "unmolested" car, everything was where it was supposed to be and no prior shortcuts. Assuming the Shelby stays local I want to know the history is solid incase my son or I ad it to his corral of turbo Dodges :)

hrsp
03-23-2011, 09:24 AM
awesome to hear!!!