PDA

View Full Version : possible engine troubles? help?!

TraNs_aM
08-08-2004, 03:58 PM
ok when i'm on a go go sometimes when i hit it , it will start going but all of a sudden stop(like its getting no gas liek a cut off) and then start goign again... anyone know what this is?

lotsals1
08-08-2004, 08:45 PM
ok when i'm on a go go sometimes when i hit it , it will start going but all of a sudden stop(like its getting no gas liek a cut off) and then start goign again... anyone know what this is?WHAT YEAR WHAT MOTOR :feedback:

BAD LS1
08-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Rev limiter??? :rolf

PB86MCSS
08-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Yea what Tim said.

Vacuum leak? Carb related?

lotsals1
08-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Yea what Tim said.

Vacuum leak? Carb related?or i,ve had tach wires short and do that recently my car had a bad plug wire - could be a number of things --a loose starter wire could also do it --a clogging fuel filter ect. clogging injector -
is it a tpi car ?or a tbi need info -oh and my fuel pump relay also would crap out -and cause a on off power feeling --generaly if it snaps and crackles as its trying to go it most likely ignition --if it bogs and you hear the old vacume sound of the thottle body its most likely fuel related--but from what it sounds like its likely ignition --plug wire gronding out or cracked --easy way to see if it is a plug wire turn off the garage lights and look for the ol blue arc ect

GHOSST
08-09-2004, 01:13 AM
his car is a 93-97 Trans Am A/T, to help you helpers. I dont know to much about internal automotive, but my buddy's 95 Bonneville did the same thing, putt puttin around like that, then he got a simple (well, not simple for F-body's) tune up, plugs/wires, and it stopped. Every good mechanic tells me to start with the common everyday fix its first! :thumbsup

BAD LS1
08-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Sounds like something more fuel related to me...

Maybe swap out the fuel filter, check fuel pressure, if its too low due to a failing fuel pressure regulator youll get a stumble like that. Fill up with a fresh tank of 93 and add two bottles of the chevron concentrate. That should clean out any garbage that might be in the injectors or carbon on the intake valves.

If that doesnt work move on to the plugs and wire, pending on year it may or may not have the vented opti. The non- vented ones can be troublesome.

Corvette Jabo
08-09-2004, 08:23 AM
On a carb car I would tell you it sound just like a fuel pump going, but I am sure your talking FI.