PDA

View Full Version : How to remove?

05caddyext
03-21-2011, 09:44 PM
I have on 05 Ram SLT. The guy that had it before me put those crappy fake chrome door handle covers, and tailgate handle cover. Has anyone ever removed these before? If so, how did you do it? I want to remove them, unsure if I will replace them or not. They are all oxidized and flaking, look like $hit. Heat gun??? Any info appreciated.

1320PNY
03-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Heat gun is a bit aggressive. I used a hair dryer and some fishing line to pull through the adhesive on my spoiler (when I removed it from trunk). Heat the handle for a good 3 minutes with a dryer, then try to get the fishing line under the lip and pull through to "tear" the adhesive. Use alcohol to take the "tack" out of the adhesive and pull away from handle. Once you have it removed, soak the remaining adhesive you can't remove with a fingernail with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. I use cleaner wax to take decals off of gas tanks on motorcycles. I use it on all types of glass/plexiglass, paint, cleared wheels, etc. It's a wax with some cleaner and safe on paint and clearcoat. Works great.

Going to take you about 1 hour to do the job, but you won't F%@K up your truck this way.

05caddyext
03-22-2011, 03:47 PM
anyone interested in doing this for $75?

LEWETHETIGER73
03-22-2011, 07:11 PM
can I use my hammer?

Neal Steffek
03-23-2011, 12:27 AM
soak the sticky parts in Goo B Gone. Let sit a while and do the dental floss thing as stated. Works great for taking badges off also.