PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Springs

Nix
03-21-2011, 08:51 PM
I was wondering if these springs would be compatable with my 2003 Mustang GT? I have this set and it was a final sale. I don't want to try and have them installed only to find ou that they won't work. I was told they will but I would like to make sure. They were from a friend of a friend and he had them on a Cobra.

3594.140 Eibach

http://www.jegs.com/i/Eibach/369/3594.140/10002/-1

I can't find an answer saying yes or no.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

-stew-
03-21-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm gonna say not. termi's have independent rear suspension, wont work with a live axle. Does he have front and rear? Price? I might be interested in them for the right money.

Nix
03-21-2011, 09:00 PM
I actually bought them from him. So I have them in my posession. That kinda sucks, I was wondering about the IRS deal. After I thought about it and did ZERO research before I bought them. Shame on me...

I'll sell em them becuase they are usless to me. Hows $175 sound? I would like to get what I paid or as close to it as possible. They weren't used very long and you can still see the Eibach lettering on them.

I'm not going to go back to him and ask for my money back becuase it is my fault for not doing any reasearch and I've only met the guy twince in my entire life and probably never will see him again!

1320PNY
03-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Those springs are $60 MORE than the 2003 GT springs NEW. I would look to swap with someone with the opposite problem, or sell them outright and buy the new springs. Springs for your '03 could be had for $185 NEW.

Also, you can do the swap yourself in a garage in about 2 hours (jackstands, old school jack). You also need camber adjustment (typically) to make the alignment correct. I would also buy the Eibach Camber Bolts, unless you can get an alignment (front only) free?

Nix
03-21-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm not looking to get rich or anything like that. I would just like to get what I paid or as close to it. I'm planning on having some work done to my car in the near future by Late Model Throttle and this was on my "laundry list" to have done by Jeff and his guys. I don't have the tools, time , or patience to do it myself. To be perfectly honest I would end up finding a way to break something or screw it up one way or another. :rolf

1320PNY
03-21-2011, 10:06 PM
In that case, shops typically like to source the components they install. Should just drop the car off and pick it up with money in hand. Obviously you didn't save anything by "helping" them with the lowering springs at this point.