PDA

View Full Version : Track Car

2006wrxtr
03-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Would you rather start out with a really nice driver ?
Or just a decent car like my 85' Mustang GT?

I would feel guilty stripping out a nice car and building
a 90% track car.

Mike

SSLEVO
03-17-2011, 07:45 PM
What kind of track car? Drag car, build your stang. Road course, get something a little more limber to start with i would say.

2006wrxtr
03-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah I was thinking about making the Stang mainly a drag car.
Here in Louisiana we have no emissions so I can do pretty much
whatever I want to the car. We do have a Safety inspection, wich
involves checking headlights, Highbeam, brake light and turn signals,
horn, and tint. So if I keep all those I can get a plate.

Todd Z
03-18-2011, 04:42 PM
A word from somebody who has spent alot of money building a track car. It will be much cheaper buying a car done. The good thing is you want a drag car and not a RR track car. A road race car will be much more expensive. Now all the drag guys can chime in and argue that a drag car is more expensive, LOL.

Crawlin
03-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Hell no. Cause most drag cars have a bunch of GO but no investment in SLOW, haha. Where the road race cars have money invested in all sorts of areas, and most of those brake kits seem to be as much as a vortech for a fox body, haha.

Drag car if you have your heart set on building one, but the nicest chassis you can find. It's a fox body, it's not rare, haha. Save money on body work and paint and possible chassis fixing. Get something nice!

But Todd is completely right, if you can swing the whole upfront amount, buy a finished one and improve upon it. SO much cheaper.

www.racingjunk.com and www.yellowbullet.com/forum is your friend for the classifieds

2006wrxtr
03-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah, so much time and effort. Best bet would be to drive my car the way it
is for a couple years. Keep banking money, and buy something that is as close
as possible to what I want. Pretty much what I did when buying my 90 Sonic Blue LX with the Strim.

SSLEVO
03-19-2011, 06:02 PM
I think for most gear heads building the car and making it faster is 95% of the fun. (for me anyway) I got bored with my old camaro running 12 flat all day but i didn't want to sink another 5 grand into it to build the motor. Just my 2 cents.