PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer for auto accident

BR3W CITY
03-16-2011, 10:41 PM
I got pretty much t-boned at Bayshore this afternoon. Passenger leaf spring snapped, rim broke, trans looks like its leaking but I think thats because the ds pulled out a bit. Body is ok, but a bit scuffed before the rear wheel well (she hit right into the wheel well). Thats all I can tell so far.
So, who do you call for this kinda thing? I've never been involved in one of these things before so Im not sure whats up. Called insurance got a claim #, spoke with cop on scene and got a case number, and mall security has a report also. Do I just call a lawyer and tell them what happend? Who do you guys recommend? Need advice asap thanks!

Crawlin
03-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Are you ok? What would the lawyer be for? If you are ok, not gonna miss work, she has insurance, etc... there really is no reason to contact a lawyer.

First thing if you are planning on seeing a lawyer, would be to go to the doctor's to get checked out.

Sounds as if you have it all covered at this point with the insurance company.

BR3W CITY
03-17-2011, 07:34 AM
My insurance company told me to. I only have liability insurance and need to get after her insurance for repairs.

VroomPshhTsi
03-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Depends whose fault it is. If it is her fault, your insurance company should be the one going after hers for the money. Not sure why they told you that you have to?

Rocket Power
03-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Do you have some kind of off brand insurance that they to you to get a lawyer right away?

Crawlin
03-17-2011, 09:15 AM
well then that sucks that it was liability only.

if you have all the police reports saying she was at fault, and her insurance contact information, I would call her insurance and speak to someone first before the lawyer. maybe they can handle this a better way than having to pay for a lawyer. then if they say they are unwilling to help, then get an attorney involved. once one gets involved, you will end up paying for it somehow. A lawyer would be a LONG process if the other company wasn't willing to help you without one.

As for who to call, I wouldn't call anyone on TV, haha. I would call the people in the thread at the top of this forum about lawyer help. Just call and ask if there is someone there that would assist in this type of matter.

Shitty situation for sure! Hope it all works out.

BR3W CITY
03-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I have american family, they told me "it may not be a bad idea to contact a lawyer if needed" probably just covering their ass but I want to be safe. I think I am ok but I don't know. I have 2 existing herniated discs and I'm really really sore this morning, so I wanted to possibly talk to a lawyer if this aggravated my injury.

SSLEVO
03-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Was it in a parking lot? (You mention mall security) If so you may be screwed since i think parking lots are a no fault type of situation.

BR3W CITY
03-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Bayshore has both parkinglots and public streets (1/2 outdoor mall). I'm not sure how it works in this case.

Reverend Cooper
03-17-2011, 07:03 PM
David Gruber hands down Tell him Mike Cooper recc. you from Andrew Toyota

SSLEVO
03-17-2011, 07:46 PM
David Gruber hands down Tell him Mike Cooper recc. you from Andrew Toyota

one call and that's all, lol

1320PNY
03-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Go to your doctor. Get your doctor a copy of the police report and put it in your medical file. You NEED to have a medical exam ASAP. Once you establish you may/may not have medical issues, then contact a lawyer.

You have 3 years to settle your medical. You may see some swelling and issues with your back after 2 weeks. See a doctor. See a chiropracter.

Don't worry about "going after" anyone at this point. Do the natural survival portion of life. The law is fair and if you are entitled to any compensation, the lawyer will get 3 times that value. Your lawyer will get paid, your insurance(s) will get paid, and you get what's left.

Don't think what's left is a "check". It's lifetime maintenance in the event any b.s. with your back continues. Bank that check.

tommyt5078
03-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Bayshore has both parkinglots and public streets (1/2 outdoor mall). I'm not sure how it works in this case.

So which one did this happen on?

BR3W CITY
03-18-2011, 08:02 AM
transition from one to the other lol. Its about as convoluted as you can get.

lordairgtar
03-18-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm really really sore this morning, so I wanted to possibly talk to a lawyer if this aggravated my injury.
NO, talk to a Doctor first. Then if you need the lawyer, go for it.

BR3W CITY
03-18-2011, 07:52 PM
spoke to my orthopedic surgeon (since my back is the main issue), then to my lawyer. things are underway