PDA

View Full Version : Karting @ CIR (Buffalo Grove) March 19th

stealthy1ss
03-16-2011, 09:45 PM
I should have posted this earlier but I am in need of a few more people to go karting this Saturday. Here are the details:

Check in and registration at 5:30pm, safety briefing and suiting up at 6, and then racing from 7 to approximately 8. Afterwards we can go upstairs to their nice bar to have a few drinks and some food. The cost will be $70 per person. It will be a Grand Prix event which is set up where you get 3 20 lap qualifying heats. Top 10 drivers move on to a 20 lap championship race. The $70 is due at the door. Currently I only have 8 people and would like to get a few more. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

spooln30
03-16-2011, 11:19 PM
I love going to Chicago Indoor. It's always a battle between us road racing guys. I should be able to beat my time from last year cuz I lost a good amount of weight.
For those who haven't gone to CIR, GO! It's a blast and the karts are fast and the tracks are awesome. It's nothing like the ghetto karts in the Dells.
I would join you guys but I have side jobs this weekend.
Have a great time!

WhatsADSM
03-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Sorry man I can't make it I had a prior engagement. :(

To all those that are going, have fun!

WickedSix
03-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Awesome place to go have fun.... even if i look like donkey kong racing around the track

stealthy1ss
03-17-2011, 06:00 PM
I love going to Chicago Indoor. It's always a battle between us road racing guys. I should be able to beat my time from last year cuz I lost a good amount of weight.
For those who haven't gone to CIR, GO! It's a blast and the karts are fast and the tracks are awesome. It's nothing like the ghetto karts in the Dells.
I would join you guys but I have side jobs this weekend.
Have a great time!

Personally I think that the whole I am bigger so I will be slower is a terrible excuse. I weigh about 165-170 and I had a guy that weighed about 240 keep up with me pretty good. Its all about your driving with karts but the main goal is to just go out and have a blast.

spooln30
03-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Well am still 230lbs and was 304lbs. The heavier you are the faster you can go thru the corners but your acceleration will we slower then that of a person say between 140-165lbs. I'm just talking from experience from racing there with my race crew. Two guys are about 150-160lbs and they have better accel but I can throw the kart into the corners much faster. When my buddy tries to go the same speed into he seems to fish and or spin-out sometimes. Most of the time we try to see who has the fastest lap time. Kinda like Time Attack. But ya your right it's all abou just having fun. At CIR it's pretty darn easy.
Another fun place to go karting is at Road America. They have sessions for $20-$25. They use the same type of karts as CIR. Next time your up there check it out. It's by the carousel

stealthy1ss
03-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Here is the final race video. Turtle is in kart #16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9e-y_QC-do

BTW I received an email from CIR today saying that if I get another group event setup within the next 14 days they will let me do a full grand prix style race for $50 a person with the minimum of 10 people. Let me know if you would be interested.

Dr.Buick
03-23-2011, 11:50 AM
murray and myself are in

stealthy1ss
03-23-2011, 06:28 PM
murray and myself are in

Not sure what day yet but the people that went with this time wanted to go probably the 23rd of April. What day would work best for you guys?

DieHardCustoms
03-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Personally I think that the whole I am bigger so I will be slower is a terrible excuse. I weigh about 165-170 and I had a guy that weighed about 240 keep up with me pretty good. Its all about your driving with karts but the main goal is to just go out and have a blast.

I would imagine that weight has a HUGE impact on karting otherwise any sanctioning body of karting wouldn't have weight limits. There is a minimum and a maximum that you and your kart can be. Just my 2 cents

Plum Crazy
03-23-2011, 09:46 PM
I would imagine that weight has a HUGE impact on karting otherwise any sanctioning body of karting wouldn't have weight limits. There is a minimum and a maximum that you and your kart can be. Just my 2 cents

Im the fat-ass in the black suit that keeps getting lapped. Guess what, its still fun even if you lose.

bikedad
02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
I wish I would have seen this post earlier. I would definitely have gone.
I was there a few months ago for the same type of event. I did pretty well (for being a fat ass). I made it to the finals and placed 5th in the 30 lap. This place is a blast.
If this is scheduled again I will definitely go. (provided it works with my schedule)

Josepy
02-21-2013, 09:00 AM
I wish I would have seen this post earlier. I would definitely have gone.
I was there a few months ago for the same type of event. I did pretty well (for being a fat ass). I made it to the finals and placed 5th in the 30 lap. This place is a blast.
If this is scheduled again I will definitely go. (provided it works with my schedule)

Old 2011 thread. Fucking spammers. Spammers comment was not ment for you btw.

bikedad
02-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Old 2011 thread. Fucking spammers. Spammers comment was not ment for you btw.
Understood.
You should re-close the thread to prevent future confusion by spammers.