PDA

View Full Version : Hit something...

Al
08-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Well, I was on my way home from up north when a wheel came off a trailer. I ran over it wich took out my front right tire as well as the rim. I pulled over just as the truck pulling the treailer pulled over. I first looked at my tire to asses the damage. The inner lip of the rim was bent up about three inches. The truck driver was hesitant to accept responsibility, but did. He also helped me put my spare on. We did the regular exchange of info, and were back to driving again.

He gave me $100 down on the tire and rim, but I'm thinking the damage is greater. The whole 70 miles home, I heard a whining nois coming from somwhere in front. I don't think it is the spare tire making that noise. Any ideas? (wheel bearing, u-joint, the car is ****ed...)

Yooformula
08-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Damm that sucks! What car was this in?

Al
08-07-2004, 09:20 PM
The integra, so you are probably relieved that it wasn't the mustang. If it was the mustang, I would have had a flat and a broken alloy. As for the front suspension, they are pretty tough. I learned that when I hit a curb (fast) after I owned it for 2 weeks.

As for the rim, there is a guy down at hyperformance selling a set for $50. I might as well get a better set of tires while I'm at it, especially knowing that I plan to autocross it. The current tires are bridgestone forenzas with 6k on them.

As for hyperformance, I went there to (buy something/bash stupid ricers). I was there to pick up a helmet, when this one kid talked about having his integra stolen (poor guy) and how he had an extra set of steelies laying around left over from when he bought some rims. I hope they are still available. If not, I know that a single steel wheel can be expensive, I might pick up some of those cheap cragar steel rims, either chrome or gloss black. I'm going to think about it, because chrome might not look good on an acura.

mrz28M6
08-08-2004, 01:26 PM
soudns like a wheel bearing to me! the wheel baearings these days are very weak and i've seen them go just from hitting a curb.

Al
08-08-2004, 02:30 PM
That is what I was hoping/thinking it was. Hoping because I know that a wheel bearing is cheaper than some other components.

Al
08-08-2004, 03:26 PM
BTW- are spare tires designed to make noise?