PDA

View Full Version : I got to visit with my youngest sister

lordairgtar
03-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Met up with her today. She wanted to know if I wanted my father's old album collection. I said sure and we met today. I haven't seen her since she was a teen. She must be about 38 now. She was driving a 99 Cougar which I always liked but know little of it. I think they were made by Mazda, but not sure. What do you guys know about them. I do notice that they are generally driven by women. She's pretty cool herself, runs in marathons!

srt4eh
03-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Mercury :)

michelle
03-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Very similar to the Contour, right? Built off the previous Probe frame?

lordairgtar
03-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Sold under the Mercury brand in the US and Canada, Ford in Europe. I thought it was a Mazda based car, but it's based on the Mondeo platform (Contour/Sable) and was going to be the third gen Probe. Built in Flat Rock Michigan.

FoxStang
03-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Its a European Mondeo, same platform as the Contour and the Mercury Mistake. They were really popular in Europe, so Ford decided to give it a go here. They had their fair share of mechanical issues though, and the size slotting was kind of weird, so it was replaced by the smaller Focus. The Mondeo platform has nothing to do with the Sable, I think your thinking of the Mystique.

xxsn0blindxx
03-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Totally un-related, but the current Fusion is back on the Mondeo platform.

Red97GTP
03-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Why haven't you seen your sis in so long?

lordairgtar
03-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Why haven't you seen your sis in so long?

We pretty much had contact last when my father passed away in 84. These are kids (a brother too) from my dad's second marriage. We do keep in touch on FB, but that's about it. It's cool though...no animosity. My family was never very touchy feely, whether from dads first marriage or the second. My father got remarried when I was just entering high school and I went from living with my grandparents to living with dad and step-mom. We had our differences then and I wasn't a model child in those days. The judge in the divorce of my mom and dad pretty much divided us between mom and my GPs. My sisters (mom's daughters) lived with mom and I lived with the GPs. My family is fucked up to say the least. My brother and sis from the second marriage are doing very well...she is married and living in Brown Deer. I do not know what she does for work, but she does run marathons. Brother lives in New Berlin and is married as well. I think they both own their own homes and step-mom lives in Greenfield I think. My mom passed a couple of years ago. Life story...there you have it.

KidCougar
03-30-2011, 07:37 PM
its pretty mucha probe with a diffrent body..Not much good to say about them but at the same time, nothing bad to say about them..They seem pretty reliable.But ya, its a chic car all the way>its in the line with civic,eclipse, and celica....

xxsn0blindxx
03-30-2011, 07:56 PM
its pretty mucha probe with a diffrent body..Not much good to say about them but at the same time, nothing bad to say about them..They seem pretty reliable.But ya, its a chic car all the way>its in the line with civic,eclipse, and celica....

Negative, the Cougar was a platform mate with the Contour/Mystique, which was basically a Mondeo from Europe. The probe shared platforms with the Mazda 626/MX6.