PDA

View Full Version : Nailmaster II long term test (electric brad nailer)

Russ Jerome
03-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Junk, did some research after a full year of use, elec brad nailers are all junk!

The "Nailmaster 2" brad nailer is the most expensive of the nailers you can buy at Lowes, Depot or Me-nards and the only choice for over 1" brads with others only shooting 5/8". Mine started out with occasional jams and accelerated over the year until now I can only hope for 50% shots. The nailmaster will not tolerate extention cords over 6' long and at that length it needs to be a stout cord to carry the juice needed. For birdhouses these misfires are fine but when the wife wants crown molding in your house the finish of the lumber after slamming several jams into wood sucks.

The consensus online is they all suck, every sight I read said skip the juice and go air. Im gonna get an air brad nailer next chance I can, will just run a hose into house :(

PonyKiller87
03-13-2011, 12:16 PM
The consensus online is they all suck, every sight I read said skip the juice and go air. Im gonna get an air brad nailer next chance I can, will just run a hose into house :(

Hit up harbor freight, For under $50 you can get the air brad nailer, brads, and a hose long enough to reach from your air compressor in the garage into the house to do all the work. My latest round of home improvements I bought a Framing nailer, finish nailer, $hit ton of nails, and a small 8 gal compressor just to use in the house all for under $200. And it all works great. Granted if you start building houses for a living and using them everyday there not going to last long, but for the average home owner it will last as long as I need it to.

theavenger333
03-13-2011, 12:25 PM
^ what he said. we had to redo the roof on our cottage, so i went to harbor freight and bought one of the "cheap" roofing nailers. it was like 55 bucks all told, and it was worth it's money no question. i used it again to do some repairs on my folks' house, its still working just fine. would i use it for an industrial job, or as an everyday tool? no. but it does a great job for the weekend warrior

BlackLightning
03-13-2011, 02:47 PM
I have had great luck with ridgid pneumatic nailers. I have the 18ga finish nailer and 23ga headless pinner. It's more expensive then HF but cheaper then senco. We used senco and bostich at work but I prefer the ridgid. The headless pinners work great for finish work because you only have a pin size hole versus the size of a brad.

Russ Jerome
03-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Was at Menards today, current price of the Nailmaster 2 is $47 and starting price on pnuematic 18g nailers is $29...cheaper! I also read last night if you can afford it the 18v cordless finishing nailers are good but outa my price range. I've got a tiny 110v comp I'll set up in basement for wife so I wont need to run a nasty air hose thru window.

In celebration today I wildly swung the Nailmaster against the driveway repeatedly as my kids buddies looked on in curiousity, nailer is now in several pieces in garbage can I FEEL BETTER!

Silver350
03-13-2011, 09:59 PM
I have an Bostitch Brad Nailer for sale if you are interested. $40

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?50400-FS-Bostitch&highlight=bostitch

Russ Jerome
03-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Nice, next side job pays off Im in the market!