PDA

View Full Version : I am no farmer so maybe some of you know

MoCkiN U
03-11-2011, 12:13 AM
I heard this story early this morning on the news as I got ready for work. There are some things that just done add up. First of all it just seems odd to be milking cows at 10pm at night. Maybe thats how they do things? Dunno, a 3yr old child escapes the house and goes to the barn to get the mother who tries to get into the house with no luck runs to neighbors homes to call 911 then runs down the street where her husband is "known to dose off" on the side of the road when making his milk truck deliveries. They get back home and fire crews are already on scene.

Still more to be made out here. All of what I typed was reported on tv and is read in various articles online too. just doesnt add up

7 children die in house fire
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hphU7QYi34wtPyj7ChSwfwSPHqeA?docId=cc49d4ba3 2584291ac0d9aa07963621c

jamestown478
03-11-2011, 12:22 AM
milking that late isn't out of the ordinary. Usually you milk early in the morning and then later in the evening if you are using the cows just for the milk.

tommyt5078
03-11-2011, 10:04 AM
I think the family was amish, they do things different then normal!?!?!?

pOrk
03-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Cows get milked 2, sometimes 3 times a day. Usually its early morning ( 4-6 am ), Noon-2 and late evenings ( 8-10 pm ) when 3 times a day.

This was an Amish family, meaning the milking is done by hand therefor its done 3 times a day. Terrible story, kinda wish I didn't look into the article. We have lots of Amish neighbors at our rental in Florida...

wrath
03-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Depends on the breed of cow. Some are 2-shift and some are 3-shift and many don't care. Once a cow gets used to one way it's painful for them to switch routines until they birth another cow.

It can be quite advantageous to milk at night, especially if you have a deal up the foodchain.

MoCkiN U
03-11-2011, 06:01 PM
I had no clue. Guess thats our news system programming my brain. I am just expecting the worst I guess.