PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo shop recommendations for specific design

Troutman
03-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Basically Im looking for a shop/artist that specializes in B&W figures/portraits. The tattoo would be the torso of an angel fading into some text below, on my upper arm with wings spread onto my chest/back. (in rememberance of my grandfathers.) I had been working with someone on this, but unfortunately its not going to work out.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it

Thanks
Todd

Karps TA
03-10-2011, 01:30 PM
I'd recommend Waukesha Tattoo Company, or atleast check them out online and see their gallery see if one of them suits your style. I can only attest to them being great to work with and running a very clean shop.

Feature Pony
03-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Monsters Ink on Howard and 51st St. They have been rated very good with tats and everyone I know that went there goes back. I need to stop in there and get another myself!

BigSnailBuick
03-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Every bit of ink I have seen leave Body Ritual down by the lakefront is amazing.

WickedSix
03-10-2011, 04:11 PM
im kind of amazed your OCD will allow you to get a tattoo Todd :rolf

the only way you are going to feel comfortable is to go in to alot of shops and look through artists portfolios.... pretty much any place you go people recommend is going to have a couple decent artists and a couple crappy ones....

my tattoos were from eddie and Erin at absolute in the falls, but other nice pieces i've seen from starship on 76th has some good talent, monsters ink, and cuttthroat and atomic too (if you can deal with milwaukee eastside)

brotherbenn83
03-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Heather Shinn at Starship on 76th did all mine. Don't know about portraits, but her stuff is pretty cool.

pOrk
03-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Heather Shinn at Starship on 76th did all mine. Don't know about portraits, but her stuff is pretty cool.

Heather did a cover up for me, she seems impossible to get a hold of for appointments and I can't say I am super happy with her line work but she is great at portraits if I remember correctly.

WickedSix
03-10-2011, 07:53 PM
She also can be....hmm..... interesting to deal with....

-stew-
03-10-2011, 09:56 PM

Excellent work from her. I have one by her and it is great. I also know a cunt with a bunch of tattoos from her, quality work.

Troutman
03-11-2011, 12:39 PM
im kind of amazed your OCD will allow you to get a tattoo Todd :rolf

true...but I need something to detract from my charming personallity:(

thanks for the info all...im going to try and check out a few places this weekend.

Crawlin
08-03-2011, 09:03 AM
How'd did your search go?

I'm interested in getting another one and just looking to see how things went

EvolvedRegal
08-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Dan Hazelton I would suggest. But you don't get to pick what you get, he also requires that there will be no cover-up. Got a tattoo you dont like get it lasered.

He is one of the best IMO.

Crawlin
08-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Sorry, just can't picture having him decide he wants to tat some my little pony's cause thats what he feels like without any sort of say, hahah

Korndogg
08-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Dan Hazelton I would suggest. But you don't get to pick what you get, he also requires that there will be no cover-up.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

-stew-
08-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Dan Hazelton I would suggest. But you don't get to pick what you get, he also requires that there will be no cover-up. Got a tattoo you dont like get it lasered.

He is one of the best IMO.

So every one swings from this dudes dick and you can't even pick out your own design? fuck that! And he tells you you can't get it covered up? Fuck that. And you recommended this guy to someone who is looking for a portrait? I've voiced my opinions of the stupidity of the general population around here, and you are cementing that.

pOrk
08-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Dan Hazelton does not pick what tattoos his customers get, he means every piece of art that Dan tat's on someone is hand drawn not picked out of a book like a lot of tattoo shops do. You don't pick a piece off the wall and say thats the one I want! You tell him what you want and he sketches it. Then you tell him what to change and what you like and don't like blah blah blah. He is a VERY well known artist in the area and his work is top notch, prices really aren't crazy either. Everything I've seen done by him looks awesome.

03Seville
08-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Everything I have done is from Wayne at H&H Tattoo on 51st & Lisbon

I wouldn't go to anyone else, great prices, good to deal with, and great work.

Crawlin
08-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Dan Hazelton does not pick what tattoos his customers get, he means every piece of art that Dan tat's on someone is hand drawn not picked out of a book like a lot of tattoo shops do. You don't pick a piece off the wall and say thats the one I want! You tell him what you want and he sketches it. Then you tell him what to change and what you like and don't like blah blah blah. He is a VERY well known artist in the area and his work is top notch, prices really aren't crazy either. Everything I've seen done by him looks awesome.

See that makes alot of sense and I'd be perfectly fine with.

Just needed the extra 5 seconds that could have typed out "don't get to pick FROM A BOOK" in the original post, haha

badass88gt
08-04-2011, 02:14 PM
LMAO, I thought the same exact thing. Makes a little more sense now though....

cool_kat
08-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Erik Nelson at sacred skin. He does amazing work. He did the angel that covers most of my back. Its a original design that we came up with. Basically found samples, ok i like this guys stance, this guys armor, this angels wings, this guys sword and erik drew it all up off of that. Then he came up with a cool cloud background to go with it.

Troutman
08-11-2011, 04:03 PM
How'd did your search go?

I'm interested in getting another one and just looking to see how things went

I ened up getting it done by Becci at Waukesha Tattoo. (Her portraits in her portfolio where unbelieveable) She actually left that shop the day before the 2nd sitting (just needed some simple background shading done) The owner George(?) ened up finishing the last hour of it.

That_Guy
08-13-2011, 11:14 AM
I ened up getting it done by Becci at Waukesha Tattoo. (Her portraits in her portfolio where unbelieveable) She actually left that shop the day before the 2nd sitting (just needed some simple background shading done) The owner George(?) ened up finishing the last hour of it.

do you know what shop she went to? I'm looking for a good portrait artist for mine.

Troutman
08-16-2011, 01:12 PM
do you know what shop she went to? I'm looking for a good portrait artist for mine.

no I dont, but I do have her email address if you would like to contact her.

michelle
08-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Picture?

HP ADDICT
08-17-2011, 12:10 AM
All the great tattoo pics really validate the quality artists highlighted in this thread!