PDA

View Full Version : Angled walls

94greenbandit
03-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Finishing my basement. In the framing phase and I have a wall that is angled. Not sure how to get the studs right where the angle is so there isn't much of a gap for the drywall. Any help would be appreciated

hotshift13
03-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Just butt them up as close as you can. you can stack a couple of 2x4's together so you can get something to screw to. If there is a little gap it shouldn't be a problem. The rock can "Float" a little bit. hope this helps, maybe a pic would help....

94greenbandit
03-09-2011, 09:30 PM
A pic would help, and not sure what you mean by the rock can "float"

awsomeears
03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Before you drywall you should get a HVAC guy in there to run some vents so you can heat the basement !!!

Its not a personal plug but I see this all the time, nice basement but cold as hell :)

pOrk
03-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Get drywall shims?

94greenbandit
03-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Before you drywall you should get a HVAC guy in there to run some vents so you can heat the basement !!!

Its not a personal plug but I see this all the time, nice basement but cold as hell :)

I was planning on insulating the walls just more so to help with the temperature and quietness. Basement isn't cold to begin with and the bedroom is getting baseboard heating.

P.S this is an exposed basment

94greenbandit
03-10-2011, 07:39 PM
I have pictures of the current framing on facebook

05caddyext
03-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I have a ton of angles in my basement, my entire bathroom and hallway and laundry room all share some weird angles. All you need to do is make sure you have places to screw to in the corners. The framing doesn't have to be perfect, all you need is a place to screw to. When you get to the corner you will end up putting the studs width wise instead of the narrow way. One other thing to keep in mind, make sure you have all your framing in place, study it as if you were going to drywall it yourself, before you run your electrical. It sucks to have all the wiring in place and then realize you need another stud in a corner or something to screw to. And one more thing to think about. Try to keep all your angles close to 45 degrees, so when you do your finish trim you can make sure everything fits together nicely. You said you are planning on insulating the walls? Do you mean the interior walls or the outside concrete walls? Make sure you put up vapor barrier and seal it completely in case it ever gets wet.

94greenbandit
03-11-2011, 10:12 AM
I have a ton of angles in my basement, my entire bathroom and hallway and laundry room all share some weird angles. All you need to do is make sure you have places to screw to in the corners. The framing doesn't have to be perfect, all you need is a place to screw to. When you get to the corner you will end up putting the studs width wise instead of the narrow way. One other thing to keep in mind, make sure you have all your framing in place, study it as if you were going to drywall it yourself, before you run your electrical. It sucks to have all the wiring in place and then realize you need another stud in a corner or something to screw to. And one more thing to think about. Try to keep all your angles close to 45 degrees, so when you do your finish trim you can make sure everything fits together nicely. You said you are planning on insulating the walls? Do you mean the interior walls or the outside concrete walls? Make sure you put up vapor barrier and seal it completely in case it ever gets wet.

I am doing the inside walls as well as the outside. I am aware of the vapor barrier and I think I understand what you mean by studs width wise instead of the narrow way. My take a crack at that tonight