PDA

View Full Version : New Bar Opening need ideas ( real bar not a rec-room )

awsomeears
03-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Buddy of mine is opening a bar close to miller park, yesterday I helped him with 4 50" Plasmas and man those things are Beasts :thumbsup

The place is clean and ready to get in games, he's getting the obvious Pool table,dart board, juke box and 5cent machines. Free popcorn and Nachos with unlimited cheese out all the time.....

Theme on the inside will be the Old stand by Milwaukee's past times from years ago up to the good old 80's when the brewers and the town was rocking.....

So let me hear your ideas they could be put to use, one thing he doesn't want to do is fill the WHOLE place up with OLD Beer signs, yea there cool but there is much more History then just Beer Beer Beer....

If you had a bar WHAT WOULD YOU DO what would you hang on the wall :thumbsup

03Seville
03-08-2011, 01:42 AM
Try and find some old county stadium things... Seats, signs, etc...

Sent from my EVO 4G using tapatalk

nismodave
03-08-2011, 01:52 AM
How about old pictures of Milwaukee? Back when they had street cars, Old pictures of downtown and Mitchel street shops.

BoosTT
03-08-2011, 06:07 AM
Pinball machine... and not one like shrek.

BR3W CITY
03-08-2011, 07:54 AM
^x2 a couple sweet older pinball games would be raw. TOMMY!, Dick Tracy I remember a handful of em.

JC70SS
03-08-2011, 07:55 AM
I agree get a huge print of County Stadium! Just no packer shit please!

whistlin six
03-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Milwaukee Mile memorabilia.
Maybe some pics, and if he could get his hands on a body panel or something from an old race car
that would look cool. What about old Great lakes dragway stuff too.

BR3W CITY
03-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Even stuff like Milwaukee Tools signs and other non-beer mke stuff would be cool (vintage preferrably)

Exitspeed
03-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Is there food? More importantly is there wings?

william schlosser
03-08-2011, 11:00 AM
I wish him good luck. Milwaukee needs more bars.

flyin_blue_egg
03-08-2011, 11:44 AM
I know he doesn't want beer signs, but I would look for old miller, pabst ect signs along with old brewers signs. Like many have said go with the "historic milwaukee" theme.

lordairgtar
03-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Perhaps some signs or pics from Milwaukee's old line manufacturers. AO Smith, Briggs, Allen Bradley, Falk, Harnischfager, Brewers that don't exist anymore like Gettleman's. Milwaukee Road insignia (train), pics of the old interurbans that ran all over the area like North Shore and the smaller ones that ran to Hales Corners, Muskego, St Martins, East Troy. When I was in California last time in the early 90s, I found a bar that had a slot car track. I agree with the historical theme.....and strippers...j/k.

1320PNY
03-08-2011, 06:26 PM
I like shuffleboard. Use to go to Cock-n-Bull in GB just to play. Also, 1903 was the beginning of a lot of Milwaukee History. Harley-Davidson, MSOE, and quite a bit more. I think obscure stuff like H-D snowmobile parts would be cool. Or maybe some Briggs motor parts? I think old tappers would be cool too.

PureSound15
03-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I like shuffleboard. Use to go to Cock-n-Bull in GB just to play.

Huge beer selection and free pizza during happy hour. Good bar but shitty area (well, it's green bay so let's just say shit-hole city).

The brewer stuff is cool - is there a true "brewer bar" in mke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PB86MCSS
03-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Any info on where this bar will be exactly or a name?

Not sure if there is a real Brewers bar, Kelly's or a couple others on Bluemound seem to be hopping before/after games, some on National Ave too possibly although I haven't been in those myself.

With Milwaukee's manufacturing history I'd think there are alot of companies to go along with old/current breweries for sign options. If you can find old pictures of Highway 100 cruisers or wherever else was used (Wisconsin Ave?) that might be unique too.

If I had a bar I'd probably do the cliche crap, lots of sports items, beer signs, maybe some car stuff too and definitely alot of microbrews.

CATNHAT
03-08-2011, 10:16 PM
No Brainer. HOT bartenders FTW!
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/catnhatfan/BCM/hot_bartender_1.jpg

awsomeears
03-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Is there food? More importantly is there wings?

If all goes well in the years to come yes but for now its just Free Fresh Popcorn and Nachos with a cheese pump.....

The name of the bar is " Milwaukee Nights Pub " he also owns and runs the website for the past 7 years. The bar is not a club he just wants it to be a nice clean bar people can head to before during and after games during the brewers season. These are all great ideas and I'm going to throw them his way......

PB86MCSS
03-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Previously Sin Bin?

awsomeears
03-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Previously Sin Bin?

Yep, if you have been in there you should stop in again its officially CLEANER !!!

I knew the guys running it before and it was like a college party house, not that it was bad .....

Aes1783
03-15-2011, 09:33 AM
I think doing a huge wall mural (getting a huge black and white image blown up and transferred to wallpaper) on one of the walls of the old stadium or game, etc. would be awesome.

I agree in that the Sin Bin was somewhat like a frat party, but some of the stuff they did like have beer pong and flip cup was a lot of fun, especially for pre-game drinking. Doing stuff at the bar that you normally would while your tailgating will encourage people to come there prior instead of hanging out in the parking lot.

You could also do some sort of raffle or betting game where if you come to the Pub prior to the game and put a bet in for say the winning score or something, if you come back to drink after the game, you get free drinks. Just an idea. Would encourage people to return post-game.

awsomeears
03-15-2011, 10:19 AM
I think doing a huge wall mural (getting a huge black and white image blown up and transferred to wallpaper) on one of the walls of the old stadium or game, etc. would be awesome.

I agree in that the Sin Bin was somewhat like a frat party, but some of the stuff they did like have beer pong and flip cup was a lot of fun, especially for pre-game drinking. Doing stuff at the bar that you normally would while your tailgating will encourage people to come there prior instead of hanging out in the parking lot.

You could also do some sort of raffle or betting game where if you come to the Pub prior to the game and put a bet in for say the winning score or something, if you come back to drink after the game, you get free drinks. Just an idea. Would encourage people to return post-game.

Ohh I agree I have had some good times there....

And as long as he advertises it well during brewer season he should do well