PDA

View Full Version : Russ Darrow Mazda on HWY 100

wheelsofsteel
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Does anyone work and/or know anyone in the sales department at Russ Darrow Mazda on HWY 100??

pOrk
03-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Hall Mazda > Russ Darrow Mazda

Crawlin
03-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Hall Mazda > Russ Darrow Mazda

AMEN

but I have a feeling you arent looking for a Mazda :) haha. I could be wrong though

wheelsofsteel
03-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Correct Chris, not because of a mazda. LOL

GHOSST
03-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Tell?

TraceDaddy
03-08-2011, 08:34 AM
I disagree 100% on the Hall vs Darrow. At least on the service side. Bought the car (and got a pretty great deal) and had service at Darrow with nothing but good experiences. My wife took a new job though that is only blocks away from Hall so we took it there because we thought it would be more convenient. The issues were a check engine light and to replace a headlamp under warranty. Biggest cluster f*ck I've ever been part of. From courtesy vans forgetting her (even after she called to ask where they were), to missing promised deilvery dates three times to, a wildly smoking tailpipe when they promised it was ready, to a check engine light that returned less than 24 hours later, to never contacting us when parts were ordered and arriving to a mysteriously out of align left front fender that they swear was "That way when it came in.". (It wasn't. I know ever inch of every vehicle we own.) I wasn't coy and did tell them about it. They were barely apologetic.

Ricky Bobby
03-08-2011, 10:58 AM
i also am wondering if someone works there they have a car i like and also is not a mazada lol

pOrk
03-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Tracedaddy, what's your name and date of service you had problems? New management there now since the chevy store downsized.

nismodave
03-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Russ Darrow mazda sucks balls. Hall is by far the best Mazda dealer in the area.

Exitspeed
03-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Is this like a Blood and Crip thing? Seems to be some strong emissions for they two Mazda dealers.

Ricky Bobby
03-08-2011, 02:55 PM
they have a car i want to buy thats why im asking lol

JC70SS
03-08-2011, 03:51 PM
type-S?

Ricky Bobby
03-08-2011, 04:08 PM
yea a maroon one

TraceDaddy
03-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Pork. My wife is Brenda Dreifke. For a Red CX-7. Not sure the exact date. It was in the Fall. Maybe October.

wheelsofsteel
03-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Guys...it wasn't a mazda. They had a red charger that I seen online that I had interest in. I just left from there and it is sold and will be delivered to the new owner in an hour.
You buy that Ricky Bobby??

Appears to have had some frontend damage as there is some tapelines and overspray on the headlights. Not to mention the passenger side complete headlight assembly is busted to shit. It is just sitting behind the cover and not secured to anything. Probably will fall out by the time the new owner gets it home.

Ricky Bobby
03-08-2011, 04:57 PM
no havent bought nothing yet but the tl-s is not on the lot at least for tonite:shades

Red97GTP
03-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Guys...it wasn't a mazda. They had a red charger that I seen online that I had interest in. I just left from there and it is sold and will be delivered to the new owner in an hour.
You buy that Ricky Bobby??

Appears to have had some frontend damage as there is some tapelines and overspray on the headlights. Not to mention the passenger side complete headlight assembly is busted to shit. It is just sitting behind the cover and not secured to anything. Probably will fall out by the time the new owner gets it home.

Dodge Chargers come from the factory like that.

88Nightmare
03-08-2011, 06:49 PM
russ darrow mazda is a bunch of tools. Went there to check out a car for a friend, and we had an appointment. Got there 5min late, car wasn't even there even though they told me it was the night before. They called me back 45min after leaving and said the car just arrived. We were still in the area so we went back. 2 minutes into the test drive, we discovered the car was dangerously low on gas so we went back, I tossed the keys at the salesman and just left. They obviously didn't want the sale all that badly.

lasttimearound
03-09-2011, 10:08 PM
i have had two good experiences with darrow mazda... both times i had the same sales man, Scott. Stand up guy and went to great lengths to help me. The problem they have with used cars is all of their lots share the same inventory so they can get traded around if someone finds it online, both times the car i wanted was requested by another store before myself (i do with they would warn you if the other dealership sells it before you get there though). One RX8 my ex was looking at had the same low gas issue as well as bald tires, told him we wanted to see it with more gas/time and we'd be back tomorrow. Had new tires and a full tank. Not pushy at all.

buttersgt350
03-12-2011, 07:46 PM
I worked there for 2 months in sales like 2 years ago. That was my first and only sales job. The few salespeople that were there for a long time were asses to all new guys. The service dept people were alot nicer. Scott is a d-bag

deuceWI
03-14-2011, 10:09 AM
I bought my 3 at Russ Darrow and had a good experience with the sales people. Found the car I wanted at Concours and talked to Concours, Hall, and Russ Darrow. Russ was able to transfer in my car and get me the best deal of the 3. (btw, Concours sucks the absolute most out of the 3 of them) As for service, I had a few warranty TSBs done within the first 10k with no issues but overall feel that the service department at Russ is staffed by idiots, Hall seems much better, and the parts desk is 10x better at Hall. (that's where I've picked up a handful of parts since I can't stand talking to the retards in service/parts at Russ Darrow)

Don't have a recommendation for a sales guy. To me he was just a middle man who worked an acceptable deal out with his manager to make me happy.