PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Virago Cafe Racer Style

Exitspeed
03-07-2011, 08:49 AM
81 Yamaha Virago Cafe Racer

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/...ad.php?t=38139

I've decided to definitely sell this bike. I moved to a condo and just have no room for it. It's currently being stored in Richfield at my brother-in-law's shop.

I did get it to run by having the carbs ultra sonic cleaned. Once I had that done the bike seriously fired up and ran like a brand new bike. It was a sweet moment. Unfortunately I didn't drive it or anything so now it won't start. Maybe the carbs got gunked up again. My opinion is if it got running and was driven it would run fine. But I don't know. One of the gaskets on the carbs tore the last time I redid them but I have a replacement, just never put it on.

It has:
New Pirelli Tires (literally not a single mile on them)
New WoodCraft Clip-on Handles bars
New Turns front and back
New LED Taillight
All electrical in working order
Tank and rear vendor is flat black
Black rims with red lip (painted, not tape)
Lowered 3"
Kickstand cut and welded
painted exhaust w/ heat wrap
2 year old Battery (probably should be replaced with a good one)
Started was torn apart and cleaned
Custom shaped seat, upholstered at Jax
Myself and a few other guys have a TON of time in this thing. Everyone that sees it is impressed with it and I know it'll turn heads.

Best way to reach me is send me a PM on here or send me an email at mel@mhrussell.com or you can call me and leave a message during the day. 414-617-3799.

I should ask more but I'm still going to say $600 for any BCM. I won't go lower then that though. I'm not looking to screw around I want this thing gone ASAP. If I can sell it this week I'd be very happy.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4876/mg0002c.jpg
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8786/img8242.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5329/img8237o.jpg

TheRX7Project
03-07-2011, 09:16 AM
How many CC is that?

Exitspeed
03-07-2011, 09:35 AM
My bad, it's a 750.

I have it on CL for $800.

TheRX7Project
03-07-2011, 09:38 AM
^^ yeah I saw that lol

Exitspeed
03-07-2011, 10:30 AM
You want to buy? ;)

-stew-
03-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Do want! But I got tooo many projects, and tooo little room!

TheRX7Project
03-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I am honestly thinking about it... my fiancee is telling me "no" but the gas pumps are telling me "yes". Would be a much easier decision of it was running... how much was it to get the carbs sonic cleaned and where do you have that done?

pOrk
03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
TheRX7Project, you don't need to have them sonic anythinged, just taking them apart and cleaning them would do I'm sure. Otherwise The Shop on the east side would do it, or Russ Jerome would probably do it for a few beers. Bet this bike will do 45-50 mpg's...

Exitspeed
03-08-2011, 08:35 AM
I've had them apart and cleaned 4 times, by people who have been working on bikes since before I was born, with no luck until they were ultra sonic cleaned (by the same guy). However now that they have been ultra sonic cleaned they are cleaner then they have been since they were new. IMO if you did just take them apart and did a normal clean, it would probably fire right up. But I can't guarantee that obviously. But I've been working with this bike for almost 2 years and I've got to know it pretty well.

I had a guy call me yesterday and said he would be by me in a half hour if I wanted to. I was working though and didn't have the title with me. I'm planning on meeting him tomorrow night if he still wants it. So let me know what you want to do.

TheRX7Project
03-08-2011, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't be able to come see it until Sunday. If you sell it you sell it. If you still have it Sunday I will come up to check it out.

Exitspeed
03-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Sounds good.

Exitspeed
03-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Bike is gone.

Lock'er up.

Thanks everyone who followed the build.

Wagonbacker9
06-23-2011, 12:55 AM
so apparently I waited a couple months too long to decide I want one of these...