PDA

View Full Version : Ford Recalls A Bunch Of F150s

VroomPshhTsi
02-28-2011, 06:39 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41733165/ns/business-autos/

Just driving down the road OW MY FACE!! :goof

Would you rather have your accelerator get stuck or take an airbag to the face?

outlawgibbs
02-28-2011, 07:56 PM
I will never buy another Ford again unless its cheap and I plan on flipping it. After seeing how they are engineered and put together I truthfully feel they bribe highschool kids to engineer them to save on costs.

STANMAN
03-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I will never buy another Ford again unless its cheap and I plan on flipping it. After seeing how they are engineered and put together I truthfully feel they bribe highschool kids to engineer them to save on costs.

But a trans hump that comes into the passenger side footwell not leaving enough room for both feet to rest comfortably (your left foot is always cocked at a goofy angle) , or a spark plug that's virtually unreachable (both examples are about 4th gen Fbodies) are acceptable? Or perhaps a starter the size of a Mack truck starter is better engineering (3rd gen Fbodies)? No thanks.

Flicktitty
03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Much rather shut my car off if the accelerator sticks then driving and get knocked the fuck out by a airbag.

badass88gt
03-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I have 85000 on my F150. Hope my airbag doesnt decide to knock me the fuck out now that theres a recall. lol

Rocket Power
03-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Maybe people should pay attn to the airbag light. There's an idea:goof
says in the story the airbag lights were on.

Crawlin
03-03-2011, 07:48 AM
I took a side impact air bag to the face last may while the Toyota Highlander was parked. Wasn't moving and wasn't even hit by someone else. NOT a fun day.

I couldn't imagine the possibility of having that happen while driving.

BAD LS1
03-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Ha i just dynoed an '07 F150 yesterday, i pulled the bag fuse before i proceeded to actually make pulls!

BAD LS1
03-03-2011, 12:56 PM
I took a side impact air bag to the face last may while the Toyota Highlander was parked. Wasn't moving and wasn't even hit by someone else. NOT a fun day.

I couldn't imagine the possibility of having that happen while driving.

Damn what the hell were you and the old lady doing to cause that to happen!?! what was your saying from years ago, 2 inches at 100mph can really do some damage? bahahah

Josepy
03-03-2011, 01:00 PM
My parents called Ewald in Hartford where they got the truck. They have heard nothing of this recall.

88Nightmare
03-03-2011, 03:22 PM
But a trans hump that comes into the passenger side footwell not leaving enough room for both feet to rest comfortably (your left foot is always cocked at a goofy angle) , or a spark plug that's virtually unreachable (both examples are about 4th gen Fbodies) are acceptable? Or perhaps a starter the size of a Mack truck starter is better engineering (3rd gen Fbodies)? No thanks.

They may not be ideal engineering, but none of them are hazardous

jakedrew
03-03-2011, 04:33 PM

At least the spark plugs don't pop out :durr:loser

STANMAN
03-03-2011, 05:09 PM
At least the spark plugs don't pop out :durr:loser

At least Ford's have a rear end that can handle the whopping HP that a CAI adds without breaking.

88Nightmare
03-03-2011, 10:59 PM
bob, doesn't it get old criticizing issues a car manufacturer had 10-30 years ago?

This F150 airbag issue is relevant to TODAY

STANMAN
03-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Ok Mike, more relevant to today is how my taxes were used to keep them from going belly up. Is that relevant enough for recent history? I mean it sucks that I don't have a GM in my driveway, yet I am still paying for one, doesn't it?

And these trucks that are cited are 2005 models, a whole 3 years from the last 4th gen F-body that I am talking about?

BAD LS1
03-04-2011, 08:20 AM
REALLY???? This looks like old times. GM has been public for some time now..................... And for the record, a V8 F-car can trash the rear end rock stock.

VroomPshhTsi
03-04-2011, 08:29 AM
I was steering this conversation into a Toyota recall vs. Ford recall but it quickly turned into a Ford vs. GM fight. Woops :goof

STANMAN
03-04-2011, 09:56 AM
REALLY???? This looks like old times. GM has been public for some time now..................... And for the record, a V8 F-car can trash the rear end rock stock.

GM stock has been offered to the public (which I think is fing HILARIOUS, I mean we already own them, the government IS the people, so we already paid once, and now you offer us the "golden opportunity" to purchase something we ALREADY OWN, it's brilliant) to pay back a PORTION of the debt they owe to the government, they are still not close to paying everything back. When GM finally does pay everything back I am sure all us taxpayers will get a refund, with interest, for borrowing them money.......right?

And I was being trying to be polite with the CAI analogy, but at least you were honest, lol! I thought they at least needed sticky tires and a CAI to blow most of them up. Every time I see Josepy at Skeeters it makes me cringe, I mean that 10 bolt must have been built in the middle of the week after a holiday when all the line workers were still in a good mood, because he beats that thing with reckless abandon and it just takes it!

BAD LS1
03-04-2011, 11:11 AM
GM stock has been offered to the public (which I think is fing HILARIOUS, I mean we already own them, the government IS the people, so we already paid once, and now you offer us the "golden opportunity" to purchase something we ALREADY OWN, it's brilliant) to pay back a PORTION of the debt they owe to the government, they are still not close to paying everything back. When GM finally does pay everything back I am sure all us taxpayers will get a refund, with interest, for borrowing them money.......right?

And I was being trying to be polite with the CAI analogy, but at least you were honest, lol! I thought they at least needed sticky tires and a CAI to blow most of them up. Every time I see Josepy at Skeeters it makes me cringe, I mean that 10 bolt must have been built in the middle of the week after a holiday when all the line workers were still in a good mood, because he beats that thing with reckless abandon and it just takes it!

I thought they had already paid the "loan" back? Well either way, double digit growth for each of the brands every month is pretty good despite the past and economy.

That was the 10 bolt of the century in that car... Its guts still live on. Honestly it should have been bronzed and hung on the wall in the GM powertrain div.

88Nightmare
03-04-2011, 12:22 PM
It is also my understanding that GM has repaid their loan.

Bob, I have always been aware of your dis-contempt for GM, but Chrysler is still sucking off the government nipple and have a long history of producing crappy cars, but I struggle to find one single insulting post from you directed towards the Chrysler corp...

Josepy
03-04-2011, 12:31 PM
I thought they had already paid the "loan" back? Well either way, double digit growth for each of the brands every month is pretty good despite the past and economy.

That was the 10 bolt of the century in that car... Its guts still live on. Honestly it should have been bronzed and hung on the wall in the GM powertrain div.

Yeah best 10 bolt ever. Been outta my car for 2 years now. It lives in the purple s10 on bags that comes in and does monster burnouts at skeeters.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
03-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah best 10 bolt ever. Been outta my car for 2 years now. It lives in the purple s10 on bags that comes in and does monster burnouts at skeeters.

the driveshaft had taken a beating before I took ownership of it.

Josepy
03-04-2011, 12:49 PM
the driveshaft had taken a beating before I took ownership of it.

not really. Just a bolt rubbing on it for 15 miles. LOL

Prince Valiant
03-04-2011, 01:09 PM
I don't know what GM's loan status has to do with f-150's punching people in the face?

Regardless: GM paid back the bridge loan. However, they used Tarp money to pay it back, and therefore continue to owe, just to a different account so to speak. The analogy would be paying off a credit card with another.

GM's ipo is a great way to raise cash. It'll allow for further investments in to products and processes that will hopefully streamline production and increase profitability...of which then hopefully they can actually pay off what was owed. No one owed 100%, so there was nothing "funny" or improper about the ipo. It was the right decision at the right time...

That said, Ford still owes tremendous amounts of money...and on far less favorable terms.

STANMAN
03-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't know what GM's loan status has to do with f-150's punching people in the face?

Regardless: GM paid back the bridge loan. However, they used Tarp money to pay it back, and therefore continue to owe, just to a different account so to speak. The analogy would be paying off a credit card with another.

GM's ipo is a great way to raise cash. It'll allow for further investments in to products and processes that will hopefully streamline production and increase profitability...of which then hopefully they can actually pay off what was owed. No one owed 100%, so there was nothing "funny" or improper about the ipo. It was the right decision at the right time...

That said, Ford still owes tremendous amounts of money...and on far less favorable terms.

They just don't owe it to the American taxpayer.

And Mike, you are correct, Chrysler did the same thing, but there was no mention of Chrysler in this thread. I don't have contempt towards all of GM, there are GM's I would rock, 1st gen Camaro, Buick GN, 94-95 Impala SS to name a few. Just out of the 3 domestics, I like GM the least, I have never liked their interiors, their engineering is quesitonable, and their styling for "normal" cars has always just been ho-hum in my opinion. And that's just it, my opinion, everyone else can have theirs. If I had a classic currently, and I have had several, it would be a MOPAR, because to me they made the best looking cars of the muscle car generation.

GHOSST
03-06-2011, 12:11 AM
More big 3 banter. Sometimes I think the big 3 arguments are a lethal as the bible, quran and torah.

Whos your maker... auto maker.

FoxStang
03-07-2011, 10:44 PM

Not hard to do when your offering the best incentives out there. For a company that was on the brink of financial disaster, playing with the automotive industry equivalent of the bullwhip effect doesn't seem like the best idea to me. For the record, yes the loan was "paid" off, using more gov money though, and even there they've gotten the rag for lack of documentation. Also, the IPO was for 50% of the gov stake, so there's still another 30% that will be a seasoned offering later on, it will be interesting to see what will happen to the value if they were to flood the market with more GM shares. My bet is the seasoned offering will occur slowly with PP a little bit at a time, not to wash them out.

That's a poor comparison, your comparing two different methods of leveraging. If you look at Ford's recent statements, you'll see that their making very good headway into paying this debt off, though its questionable since it devalued their stock quite a bit. But honestly, none of the big three are out of the woods yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

I'm holding out for the thread on Mazda's spider recalls :goof.

johnny--2k
03-08-2011, 07:25 AM
sorry to jump back ON topic, but the problem occurs within a few seconds of startup too, not 10 minutes later while driving down the road so the chances of crashing into another vehicle are slim to none if your not moving to begin with.....:goof

ok, continue pointless argument....:durr