PDA

View Full Version : close call

whistlin six
02-28-2011, 12:49 PM
First race of the season, and first time out with our brand new body, thank God the worst didn't happen.

John Force decided it was a good idea to stab the throttle on an 8000 hp race car when he was half blinded. Really?? I'm so fukn pissed right now, my heart is racing.
The cars were going over 300mph when these pics were taken.

Forces pilot chutes left scuff marks on Bodes roof, and then the chutes blossomed on his windshield blocking his view completely.

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/16836-force-bode-try-bump-drafting

Car Guy
02-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Damn...!!! That could have easily been MUCH worse......

Waver
02-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Holy shit....Force should of aborted the run if he couldnt see.

BR3W CITY
02-28-2011, 02:46 PM
WOW, and I get pissed when someone stops short on regular roads. That would have been a pant-shitter.

Russ Jerome
02-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Im pretty sure Kenny Bernsteins stupid move that caused Force to blow a rear tire and wreck was why he "suddenly" retired.....may be time for old loudmouth to bow out too? Never been a Force fan so I may be bias...guy is a "d ie k"

Crawlin
02-28-2011, 04:33 PM
WOW,

I truly hope some works were exchanged in regards for his lack of common sense in general and especially to make those statements, absolutely crap.

VroomPshhTsi
02-28-2011, 06:43 PM
And vid links?

whistlin six
03-01-2011, 05:26 PM
No video links unfortunately but I watched the slow motion replay on tv. The camera was down track and showed Force drifting over until he was the only car on the screen, he was
directly in front of Bode before he pulled the laundry. The shadows on the race track were seperated by maybe 4 inches.

Force did give Bode a man hug and apologized after the run, but his comment of "hell I'm going for it" really rubs me the wrong way.
Put your hand over your eyes to the point where you "couldn't see the christmas tree" and imagine having the balls to still hit the throttle.
Keep in mind you can't tip your head back to see a little better, the helmet strap keeps you from doing that, in fact it only makes the vision worse as it wants to tug the helmet
down further over your eyes.