PDA

View Full Version : Nice Apartment in City of Milwaukee

03CVLX
02-27-2011, 05:47 PM
So I am looking to get an apartment here in the next 2-3 months or so. Since I am a City of Milwaukee Employee I have no choice but live in the City. So can anybody recommend a nice, quiet, clean apartment complex in the city limits. I would prefer Private entrance and a garage if thats possible.

Also I would highly consider renting a Preferably Lower duplex or a Side by side house. Looking to try to stay under a $1000 a month if I can.

Thanks

Tom

GHOSST
02-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Hmmmmm, that's a tough one man. My dad used to stay in Brewers Hill, very nice, but pricey. He since relocated to Oak Creek, for a fraction of what he was paying at Brewers Hill, and still doesn't have a problem making it to Columbia hospital were he works. Check out Oak Creek.

Car Guy
02-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Since I am a City of Milwaukee Employee I have no choice but live in the City.

03CVLX
02-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Yep, what Justin highlighted is unfortunatly the case. And part of the whole reason I am still staying at my parents place. I am stuck in the City. I would love to live in Oak Creek. Hell even Greenfield would be ok. But my job prevents me from doing that. Almost thinking of applying for jobs at other departments to get out of the city.

GHOSST
02-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Yep, what Justin highlighted is unfortunatly the case. And part of the whole reason I am still staying at my parents place. I am stuck in the City. I would love to live in Oak Creek. Hell even Greenfield would be ok. But my job prevents me from doing that. Almost thinking of applying for jobs at other departments to get out of the city.

Ah, I got you. One of those jobs, lol. My moms friend stays around St. Lukes Hospital, in the nice areas, around 48th I think. Rents a duplex upper for a really good price. Nice quiet neighborhood too.

03CVLX
02-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah the more and more I look around, its gonna be duplex or side by side somewhere. All the apartment buildings are nothing special

-stew-
02-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Just pick a neighborhood you wanna live in, and start calling places with for rent signs out front.

Prince Valiant
02-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah...there are plenty of places/houses that are for rent in your price point. There are a couple in my neighborhood where it is mostly city workers. Most houses have two car garages, and I can't imagine that rent would crest 1000/month. Utilities would probably be water: 30/month, gas/electric during winter: 180-200.

I live up toward the northwest side...homes are around 800-1000 sq ft, some have attached garages, some unattached. Many have fenced in yards. Popeye's fried chicken isn't too far away. There are some ghetto areas that aren't too far, but as one knows, that's kind of what it's like in the city. I like my neighborhood though...have had only two problems, but it's generally a very quiet neighborhood. You can probably find places like this all over.

05caddyext
02-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Why don't you buy a house? I guarantee you can buy a decent house in Milwaukee for what you plan on spending a month in rent. That would be a huge waste of money, you couldn't pick a better time to buy a home.

That_Guy
02-27-2011, 10:03 PM
My parents have a side by side off of 56 and clark that I believe is open. i believe rent is lower then what you are asking and its a 2 bedroom full kitchen and living room. It has a garage. If you are interested i can ask.

03CVLX
02-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Its possible though I was trying to stay Southwest side or maybe Bayview. I will definitely keep it in mind and let you know if I wanna check it out.

-stew-
02-28-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm in a two bedroom upper duplex in Bayview, shared garage. $650 a month plus utilities. Pick a neighborhood and drive around. or if your lazy, craigslist...

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/search/apa?query=bayview&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=&bedrooms=

03CVLX
02-28-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm in a two bedroom upper duplex in Bayview, shared garage. $650 a month plus utilities. Pick a neighborhood and drive around. or if your lazy, craigslist...

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/search/apa?query=bayview&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=&bedrooms=

Man, That's almost exactly what I am looking for. Maybe just a bit more room, but if its nice I would be ok with a two bedroom. I've been doing the craigslist thing and found some of what your link showed. Looks like a few new ones too.