PDA

View Full Version : OMG... what now.

Silver86
02-27-2011, 06:54 AM
So last week, we had an element burn out in our water heater... no prob... week with out hot water.

While down there working on it, i noticed that our half-bath toilet leaks when flushed. Great... Super... replace the wax ring. no problem. might as well replace the wax ring in the other bathroom too while im at it.

Woke up at 4am this morning to the sound of dripping water...walked over to the window sill to find it covered in water. looks like weve got water sneaking into the house from somewhere above the window as the drips were coming out from inbetween the molding and the window itself.

i hate this condo... :fire

michelle
02-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Sell it quick!

team beater
02-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Do you have ice in your gutters? If so this is what is likely causing the issue. Google ice dam, the most common solution that I see is wired heating elements. Hope this helps

Silver86
02-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Do you have ice in your gutters? If so this is what is likely causing the issue. Google ice dam, the most common solution that I see is wired heating elements. Hope this helps

no gutters above that window. this might be hard to explain, but the our bedroom window is under our deck. the header to the deck extends from the house 3 or so feet from the window... so the window is slightly recessed. the only way i can think of how water is getting in there, is that when we had our deck replaced the header was also replaced. the water from the snow on our deck is somehow getting through our header and down to the window.