PDA

View Full Version : BIIIG Windows, who to call?

pOrk
02-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Have two large picture windows I want replaced, this is a job I prefer to leave to professionals as I have already replaced all the windows in the house besides these two monsters.

One is 84 x 60 and the other is 140 x 60. I've tried calling both wasco and champion and ended up leaving messages. Any other places I could call that could order and install the windows? I want 1/4 1/2 1/4 on both, with double hungs on the outsides and picture window in the middle, nothing fancy white vinyl :thumbsup

michelle
02-23-2011, 04:43 PM
We had two windows replaced by Window World and I am really happy with them. One was pretty big too.

We had Champion and I forgot what other companies came out, but Window World had a good price (not the cheapest of the them all), good warranty that was easy to understand, and color options.

jbiscuit
02-23-2011, 04:50 PM
replacing a big one is no different than a smaller window. Have the window built to you specs, get a couple guys over there and bang it out. Save $$$

Exitspeed
02-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Do NOT call Weather Tight. I thought it was crazy when Home depot quoted me $15,000 for new windows. That was until Weather Tight quoted me $45,000! lol

I guy I know who has a few million dollar homes bought his daughter windows from Window World and he said he was very surprised and pleased with their quality and price.

pOrk
02-23-2011, 04:55 PM
This isn't just a pop it in and screw it down job, no wood to attach window to and I do not have experience mulling windows together nor have I found any how-tos on doing such. Trust me, I am trying to find as much info as I can as installing windows is EASY. I just can't find any good info on mulling vinyl windows together...

pOrk
02-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Do NOT call Weather Tight. I thought it was crazy when Home depot quoted me $15,000 for new windows. That was until Weather Tight quoted me $45,000! lol

I guy I know who has a few million dollar homes bought his daughter windows from Window World and he said he was very surprised and pleased with their quality and price.

lol Everyone says Weather Tight is crazy, I didn't even consider them as an option :rolf Thats two for window world, I will give them a shot. Thanks:thumbsup

michelle
02-23-2011, 04:58 PM
lol Everyone says Weather Tight is crazy, I didn't even consider them as an option :rolf Thats two for window world, I will give them a shot. Thanks:thumbsup

Call Jon Weske if you can. You can tell him Michelle Hartlmeier recommended him if you want. I don't think they had a referral thing, but his wife is battling cancer, so I know he could use commission to cover medical bills.

Anakonda69
02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
weathertight windows are great. had them in my last house and am starting to put them in my new house. let me know if you want an exstimate. my buddy is a saleman for them.