PDA

View Full Version : Racey billboard gets yanked due to outcry.

GHOSST
02-22-2011, 06:13 PM
I personally think its funny, it made me laugh but I see where some people would cry about it. Kinda left field from a mexican restaurant.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110222/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_billboard_flap_jonestown_3

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb193/Midknyte_Z28/Billboard.jpg

badass88gt
02-22-2011, 06:19 PM
I dont see anything wrong with it. Its fun to make fun of retards, like the 900 scholars that drank the magic Kool Aid.

Car Guy
02-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Not offensive but also not funny.....

Cryptic
02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
LOL... great ad

GHOSST
02-22-2011, 06:41 PM
I give em some credit, thats pretty witty for a mexican restaurant imo. The La Perla advertisement sucks balls.. I wonder if that place is even still kickin.

Reverend Cooper
02-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Lol too funny.

Exitspeed
02-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Americans are too fuckin sensitive. God forbid there be some cleavage in that ad too.

GHOSST
02-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Its been awhile but didn't those people think they were going to see aliens when they died after voluntarily drinking "the kool-aid"? Yeah, real sad story there. Damn treehuggers..

WickedSix
02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
^ depends on which kool-aid cult death they are refering to..... Jim Jones Plantation.... the hale bop cut off their privates and wear nikes while drinkin the kool-aid in so-cal.... there are more....

GHOSST
02-24-2011, 01:31 AM
^ depends on which kool-aid cult death they are refering to..... Jim Jones Plantation.... the hale bop cut off their privates and wear nikes while drinkin the kool-aid in so-cal.... there are more....

Totally forgot about Jim Jones.. before my time, but that guy was a total mind fuck! 100's dead! Good ol Jones Town, now that was serious shit.

04_GTO_Jimbo
02-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Americans are too fuckin sensitive. God forbid there be some cleavage in that ad too.

^^^^ What he said.

Car Guy
02-24-2011, 10:47 AM
I immediately thought of Jim Jones and assumed everybody else did too. In my experience people think of him first and usually only him when the subject of 'kool-aid' is mentioned. I watched an excellent documentary on PBS/MPTV 10/36 about Jim Jones’ life and followers. VERY interesting and insightful in so many ways, would love to watch again.....

I definitely agree, this is a result of the historically dominant Christian upbringing here is the US.....

GHOSST
02-24-2011, 03:42 PM
I immediately thought of Jim Jones and assumed everybody else did too. In my experience people think of him first and usually only him when the subject of 'kool-aid' is mentioned. I watched an excellent documentary on PBS/MPTV 10/36 about Jim Jones’ life and followers. VERY interesting and insightful in so many ways, would love to watch again.....

I definitely agree, this is a result of the historically dominant Christian upbringing here is the US.....

I honestly don't think its talked about enough. Its a 70's deal and people in my generation have to have a knack for interesting history like this, or they would think Jim Jones is that no talent rapper. It is unheard of, the things this man accomplished with his power of persuasion and religion, which you see everyday but on smaller scales.

My generation imo, in recent years, makes me think of the nike promoting Cali folks who drank the kool-aid and whore matching outfits (9 on the WTF scale). But Jim Jones definitely takes the cake, or kool-aid, or whatever..

WickedSix
02-24-2011, 04:10 PM
I honestly don't think its talked about enough. Its a 70's deal and people in my generation have to have a knack for interesting history like this, or they would think Jim Jones is that no talent rapper. It is unheard of, the things this man accomplished with his power of persuasion and religion, which you see everyday but on smaller scales.

My generation imo, in recent years, makes me think of the nike promoting Cali folks who drank the kool-aid and whore matching outfits (9 on the WTF scale). But Jim Jones definitely takes the cake, or kool-aid, or whatever..

i'm 29 jim jones was my first thought ... heavens gate was second.... who is Jim jones the rapper?

I grew up in nor cal... there are alot of cults where I come from

GHOSST
02-25-2011, 12:52 AM
i'm 29 jim jones was my first thought ... heavens gate was second.... who is Jim jones the rapper?

I grew up in nor cal... there are alot of cults where I come from

Some rapper producer guy, he made that annoying ass song "Ballin" were people simulate making a hoops shot, which I was so glad that fad went away quickly.

I guess its more of a west coat thing then, because honestly I know a lot of people who don't even know, or never even heard of Dahmer, which totally baffles me because of the things he did. My own wife for example is from Simi Valley, CA, and didn't know one thing about Dahmer, not even the name. But I guess thats a Midwest thing.