PDA

View Full Version : ITunes question.

-stew-
02-22-2011, 09:41 AM
My laptop fagged out. So I'm picking up a PC. What do I do to get my music on my new machine? Just download iTunes, sync and rock & roll?

WickedSix
02-22-2011, 10:39 AM
yes they give u i think 4 different computers/devices you can have your itunes on for free

FoxStang
02-22-2011, 11:15 AM
If the HD from your old laptop is still good, and your switching to a PC, just plug it in and you should be able to access all your other music. Just make sure you don't set it as your boot drive.

jamestown478
02-22-2011, 11:37 AM
you will have to transfer it all from your old computer to your new one. It just won't automatically appear on the new one just because itunes was installed on it. Usually when you buy a new computer and are starting it up a window pops up talking about a way to transfer all the stuff from your old computer to your new one.

-stew-
02-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Old computer don't work goes to the gateway screen when starting up And stops. I thought I could transfer the music already on my iPod onto my new machine?

u_say_go
02-22-2011, 11:57 AM
We tried loading music onto Itunes from my Ipod onto a new laptop and it wouldn't let me do it.
I haven't checked into yet, but I'm assuming since none of the songs were purchased on Itunes I can't transfer them?

Korndogg
02-22-2011, 12:05 PM
There are programs that allow you to transfer songs from your ipod to your computer.

FoxStang
02-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Old computer don't work goes to the gateway screen when starting up And stops. I thought I could transfer the music already on my iPod onto my new machine?
Do you have a windows CD? You can boot from the disk and pull all the songs of of your hd and put them on a portable drive/flash drive/ even your ipod in storage mode.

-stew-
02-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Ima have to look. That would be awesome. I have like five thousand pictures on there and getting them back would be stellar.

Josepy
02-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Ima have to look. That would be awesome. I have like five thousand pictures on there and getting them back would be stellar.

You can also download Ubuntu linux and boot to that also to get them back.

indyzmike
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM

Also buy an external HD for backup.

-stew-
02-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Do you have a windows CD? You can boot from the disk and pull all the songs of of your hd and put them on a portable drive/flash drive/ even your ipod in storage mode.

I found the disk. It says on the disc process erases all data and files from the hard drive. :/

GHOSST
02-24-2011, 06:29 PM

Hit F2 on the bios and try rebooting in safemode?

-stew-
02-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Hit F2 on the bios and try rebooting in safemode?

With the recovery disc in? it doesn't do anything trying to boot in safemode with out the disc in.

FoxStang
02-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Must just be a reboot disk. Download Ubuntu distro and create a bootable iso, then run it off the disk and you should be able to explore your HD contents.