PDA

View Full Version : Mike post/DynotuneMP

mikmustgt87
02-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Just had my 87 mustang with a vortech S-trim dynoed by mike and made well over 500hp get guy to deal with, just wanted to say thank you!

xxtremeteam
02-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Congrats sounds like nice numbers what else is done to the motor? Mike Post is a great guy there are other Post tuned cars on this site and I think those guys would also have great things to say

BAD LS1
02-20-2011, 08:17 AM
The first person I called was Marv at C&M Performance and he wanted close to $2,000 dollars to tune my car with a Moates Quarterhorse software tuning system. He told me I needed to pay for him to learn this system in order to tune my car. Marv helped me on many occasions years ago and he was great. I wanted him more than anyone to tune my Mustang but not for that much.

Second I called West Bend Dyno and they said they could maybe tune my car with this system but wanted to see the car first. Mike Post at DynotuneMP specializes in Mustangs and was more than comfortable tuning my car with this software. I went with Mike because he was most confident is his capability although his shop is a 2 and 15 minute drive from my house.

Sorry that WBD couldn't help you initially, but you gotta understand if no one has seen or has experience with that software there, they are not gonna just say "yeah we can take a crack at that" and have the learning curve take place on YOUR vehicle. You made the right choice by going to Mike Post, especially since he has experience with it first hand!

JOHN 86GT
02-20-2011, 08:37 AM
How do you like the Moates Quarterhorse software tuning system? Anything you don't like? (What did Mike say about it? )

DRK
02-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Mike is a great guy and does top notch work.

Dr.Buick
02-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Mike is a good guy had a fast car. knows what he is doing for sure

Brad and the crew at WEST BEND DYNO are top notch, but his car congrats on the numbers

BOSS LX
02-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Mike Post is a great friend, and ONE of the best Mustang tuners period! He tunes everything from 13 sec cars to 7 sec cars! With almost ANY tuning system.

I will give him a call today about the sponsorship thing!

UnderPSI
02-20-2011, 02:27 PM
After I put my new turbo and injectors on my truck and deleted all egr equipment, I had ********* ****** tune it. It made ***hp and ****! It is insane to drive now and I still get **mpg!

I guess I will fill in the blanks if they ever become a sponsor, but until then, I will keep it to myself so no one gets offended.

mikmustgt87
02-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Never meant to offended anyone if i did sorry, i just wanted to say thanks. The quarterhorse software has a pretty big learning curve. I would say for my setup that is the only bad thing but im not the best with computers. For others the learning curve might be very little if you are familiar with the tuning world. It still uses the stock processor so depending on your setup it might not be the best. Mike said it is similar to the diablo software he uses to burn chips. For the price and the amount of things you can change it is worth the money in my opinion. The combo is a 306,gt40x heads,edlebrock intake,70mm TB,50lb injectors,anderson big pump,255 in tank pump.tial bov,and an intercooler, there is more but thats the basics, the s-trim was pushing out 13 psi, the down fall is the stock short block minus the pistons. We tuned it down so the motor could hopefully have a long life.

DurtyKurty
02-20-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm going to have to have a looksee at that tune next time I see you this summer! Curious to see how far Mike Post takes his stuff.

mikmustgt87
02-20-2011, 08:57 PM
No problem, i was very happy with the numbers. I'm very slowly learning the software maybe one day i will get it. Thanks again for getting me started!

FourEyedFord
02-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Mike is a great guy, and an awesome tuner! If I had one of those fancy computer controlled fuel devices on my car, he would be tuning it!

Ricky Bobby
02-21-2011, 02:45 PM
After I put my new turbo and injectors on my truck and deleted all egr equipment, I had ********* ****** tune it. It made ***hp and ****! It is insane to drive now and I still get **mpg!

I guess I will fill in the blanks if they ever become a sponsor, but until then, I will keep it to myself so no one gets offended.ohoh i think i figured out the tuner what do i win :goof

Car Guy
02-21-2011, 02:55 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Win-Cookie.jpg

Feature Pony
02-21-2011, 04:42 PM
mikmustgt87 do you have a cousin named Chris, and di you buy your 87 from him?

awsomeears
02-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Mike my Dodge Neon will smoke you !!!

Good #'s

mikmustgt87
02-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Yes i do have a cousin name chris i did not buy it from him my older brother did and then i bought it from him. I had it for about 12 years now but just got it back running after letting it sit with no motor in it for about 10 years.

mikmustgt87
02-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Your neon should smoke me, it is a neon after all!

awsomeears
02-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Your neon should smoke me, it is a neon after all!

Mike you know this is Brad, Justin's brother :thumbsup

mikmustgt87
02-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Yes i do know you are brad, i would keep the justin's brothers part to yourself! jk