PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a CPA/tax prep person please.

brotherbenn83
02-18-2011, 11:37 PM
So I have done my own taxes via turbotax every year for the last 12 years (since the first year I had measurable income) and this year my return is just wayyyyyyyyyyy too complicated for me to risk it without an audit or screwing myself out of every possible deduction. So, dear BCM, I ask whom you recommend. I live in Muskego if it matters, but I will travel to save some $$$

lordairgtar
02-18-2011, 11:39 PM
You could always go to the H&R Block in Muskego. Don't know any personally, but a couple of years ago i had questions concerning my taxes and even though I was using their online tax prep, they were very helpful when I went in with a question.

Yooformula
02-19-2011, 12:37 AM
I have always done my own taxes plus many for others but this year with all of our deductions and the business I went with Affeldt Law offices in west allis. I did try it myself using taxact and got the same amount on my own..

jimez1
02-19-2011, 08:05 AM
I have been going to Nolan Accounting in Hales Corners. And have always been pleased with thier service.

SSLEVO
02-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Don't go to H&R Block, they do nothing more than the online tax programs or Turbo tax. My wife didn't trust that i was coming up with the right numbers from Tax act so we went in and came up with the same exact numbers.

srt4eh
02-19-2011, 09:07 AM
My uncle is a great CPA....he lives in Florida but he is currently in Milwaukee doing taxes for a number of clients he still has in the area.

SSDude
02-19-2011, 11:23 AM
I would highly recommend MMS Tax service 414-764-6126.
He's located in Oak Creek and had worked for H&R for many years.

He has very reasonable rates.

I have multiple schedules and he only charged $60.
My kids have EZ forms and they were only $15 each, electronically filed.
This is for state and federal.

I know of one person he did taxes for that qualified for over $6000 in credits when all said and done.

If you call him tell him is co-worker Dave A. recommended him. I don't get anything for recommending either.

flyin_blue_egg
02-19-2011, 11:34 AM
If you can't find anybody, my mom does tax stuff a lot. Used to be the treasurer of the town they live in and did their tax stuff.

michelle
02-19-2011, 12:20 PM
We are also looking for somebody to help us with our taxes this year. Any recommendations in the Hubertus/Germantown/West Bend area?

Since this is the first full year of making payments on the house, we just want to know a bit more before we handle our taxes from now on. And it looks like we are going to owe, since I didn't pay our property taxes before January 1st (live and learn).

Dr.Buick
02-19-2011, 07:27 PM
I do my own threw turbo tax. I have investments, home. donations and more works very well if you follow the steps.

SSLEVO
02-20-2011, 09:12 AM
I do my own threw turbo tax. I have investments, home. donations and more works very well if you follow the steps.

Thats kind of what i was thinking, my return is simple so i don't go through 75% of the steps on Tax act. Like i said earlier, the H&R block software was almost identical to what i was using, the person was little more than data entry, at least in my experience.

Gregor
02-21-2011, 07:26 AM
We go to the Tax People in West Allis. We have always had great returns, and they make sure we get the most back along with planning for the next year so our returns are balanced to prevent the government from get a interst free loan on our part. The cost is always fair and service is great I have been going to them for 7 years now.

Mr Twigbert
02-21-2011, 08:14 AM
My wife is an accountant and can do your taxes.. If you havn't found anyone and want her to do them then PM me..