PDA

View Full Version : The wait....

Crawlin
08-04-2004, 07:04 PM
IS OVER!!!

Finally, after 3 months of waiting, the project is finally quasi-finished. The new motor is in and driveable. LOTS of new additions. Too much to add in to this post. Drove it around all day today and i'm really happy with it at this point knowing there is alot to be gained.

Unfortunately, the man who does the dyno tuning is off this week, so a complete spot on dyno tune was not in the cards. But that's alright, because it allows me time to drive it and add a couple more things to it.

First thing, it's really rich(obviously because it hasn't been tuned). Hopefully i can gain a couple ponies getting up above a 12:1 AFR.

Second, I am choking this engine like a BIATCH. The stock LS1 intake flows for crap. But at this point I was still deciding if i wanted to go to an LS6 intake or spend the dough for a FAST LSX 90mm intake and throttle body. That should REALLY help open the car up. It's gasping for air right now.

Third, to go along with a sucky intake, my lid is the worst one out there. And it barely seals so it's not doing anything good.

So finally, the numbers. With the untuned, choking motor, i'm at 430rwhp/409ft-lbs torque. How much is to be gained from the intake and tune? Who knows for sure and I hate speculation, but it really should be quite a difference. I got over 400 torque from a little over 3k to right before 6k. and at 6500 when the pulls were stopped, the HP was still climbing, just not as steep as earlier in the pull.

For now, i'm happy. :)

Still need that damn rear end as well :) Those gears should be quite a difference

MoreTorque
08-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Its about frickin time :tomato

Glad its working out as "planned"

Have fun! :3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Cryptic
08-04-2004, 07:20 PM
damn good numbers concidering :3gears: :rockwoot:

Syclone0044
08-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Awesome!!! Congrats on getting it on the road, must be hella excited!! :thumbsup I can't wait to see it, I might come down tonight just for that reason.

As for the intake if I were you I'd get some type of reasonable priced intake manifold (used LS6 dirt cheap?), besides, how much can it really restrict? Either way when you bring the LSX & 90MM TB into the equation, you absolutely beyond a doubt could go MUCH faster putting that $$$ into a N20 kit! :headbang Don't ya think?

JC70SS
08-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Nice numbers chris! What exactly does this motor consist of? I guess I am a little out of the loop this summer.

JC70SS
08-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Chris your car sounds SICK :shades

jbiscuit
08-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Chris...when and where will you have it out? I want to see it.....!!!!

deciuss
08-05-2004, 12:59 PM
does the car rock back and forth when you rev it. i have always loved seeing honda guys rev at cars and then they rev back and the whole thing rocks back and forth

BAD LS1
08-05-2004, 01:15 PM
does the car rock back and forth when you rev it. i have always loved seeing honda guys rev at cars and then they rev back and the whole thing rocks back and forth

HAHAH thats pretty common for V8's to torque the whole car, im certain Chris's shakes back and forth at idle, my car with not even as big of a cam wobles the car.

Crawlin
08-05-2004, 01:51 PM
uhm, yeah... it rocks just a TAD ;)

jon_we4
08-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Who would have thought you could make good power with a heads and cam LS1 :rockwoot:

Crawlin
08-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Who would have thought you could make good power with a heads and cam LS1 :rockwoot:

BWAHAHA, yep, stock shortblock head/cam cars are putting down some good numbers :)

jbiscuit
08-05-2004, 03:47 PM
but does it have VTEC?

deciuss
08-05-2004, 04:26 PM
just on a side note i love when people say i have vtec when it only adds less then 10whp

but any ways thats my favorit thing to see is cars that have all that power rocking back and forth

Prince Valiant
08-05-2004, 06:20 PM
sounds good chris :thumbsup

What gears are you planning on running when you get a real rear end in that thing?

Crawlin
08-05-2004, 07:59 PM
working the calculations to figure out what i need. all depends on what i'm spinning it too. could go past 7k rpm. more than likely 4.10's. that coupled with my 28" tall tires should give me some room with a 7000 limit to get the mph i need for my goal. but 4.30's sound so good. and some 4.71's would be awesome if i stayed N/A, hahaha

Chris