PDA

View Full Version : Any Tempur-Pedic owners ?

Holeshot
02-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Thinking about dropping some serious coin on a Tempur-Pedic bed. I didn't realize all the styles and options available and how stupid expensive these beds can be.

Anyway I am a very light sleeper and don't move much but the wife is just the opposite but also has a bad back. She has bulging disc and degenerative arthritis of the spine. She needs more support.

So who owns one ,what series and how long ? I really need some input here.

Thanks

88Nightmare
02-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Go with the sealy embody. I went with that over a the tempur pedic equivelant.

Nix
02-16-2011, 09:10 PM
We use to have a tempur pedic mattress. Im also a very light sleeper and have a bad back. It was terrible. It was nice when I would first lay donw, but after the mattress got warm it didn't support my back like it did when it was cool.

We got rid of it and replaced it with a sleep number.

Go try a sleep number and then decide. :thumbsup

05caddyext
02-16-2011, 09:17 PM
got a viking from slumberland furniture. never had a better night sleep in my life. Is it really "stupid expensive" for something you spend a third of your life in? ill never cheap out on a bed again.

Holeshot
02-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Have a Sterns and Foster now and I really like it but its all the moving around that bothers me. And yes $ 3500 for the mattress is stupid expensive in my book .

Car Guy
02-16-2011, 11:56 PM
We use to have a tempur pedic mattress. Im also a very light sleeper and have a bad back. It was terrible. It was nice when I would first lay donw, but after the mattress got warm it didn't support my back like it did when it was cool.

These are my thoughts also after sleeping on both a $2500 Tempurpedic and $500 aftermarket version.....

spooln30
02-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Worst bed I've ever slept on. County has better beds! Haha. I also have a Sterns and Fosters mattress and with having five herniated discs it's by far the best bed I've slept on. Everybody has different needs when it comes to a mattress some need a firm or like mine a super soft. IMO for my back needs my S&F was worth every penny.

badass88gt
02-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Ive heard the Tempurpedic are quite warm. My brother bought a Sleep Number and absolutely loves it, I'm also going to be dropping some serious cash in the near future (taxes) and will be checking out the Sleep Number, I was reading online about another Sleep Number equivilent that is quite a bit cheaper. So far I'm leaning towards a custom Verlo mattress. If you have a Verlo store near, go talk to them, they will build whatever you want and rebuild it if you dont like it.

spooln30
02-17-2011, 03:31 AM
My grandparents own a Sleep Number and they love it. I tried it out and I really like the fact you can adjust it to fit ones needs. If I upgrade, that will def be my next mattress for sure.

HP ADDICT
02-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Shit I just bought a $2800 tempur pedic cloud supreme. I have 100 days though to see if I like it. I wouldnt get it until Sat though as I ordered a split box.

GHOSST
02-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Sleep Number when I move back to WI. The best reviews I've seen, and BCM approves of it :thumbsup, I can't wait to get one.

srt4eh
02-20-2011, 05:30 PM
we definitely will be shopping around for a new mattress....have been thinking sleepnumber but will check and see what the furniture store on base has and see what we like

Karps TA
02-20-2011, 05:34 PM
I believe the Radisson on North Ave and Mayfair rd has sleep number mattresses. I think before I'd pop down that much coin, I'd get a room for the night and try one out. Maybe get a Mayfair mall hooker as well.

Holeshot
02-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Shit I just bought a $2800 tempur pedic cloud supreme. I have 100 days though to see if I like it. I wouldnt get it until Sat though as I ordered a split box.

Im really looking forward to your input after you have slept on it a week or two. Please keep me updated as I am torn on this decision.

I believe the Radisson on North Ave and Mayfair rd has sleep number mattresses. I think before I'd pop down that much coin, I'd get a room for the night and try one out. Maybe get a Mayfair mall hooker as well.

I am considering this also. The hooker to :goof

88Nightmare
02-20-2011, 08:36 PM
hey dan, we bought our sealy embody from american. we spent 4 hours deciding, and also had a money back guarantee (well, basically, if we didnt like it after 8 weeks, we could exchange it for a different mattress). we picked the sealy over the equivellent tempur pedic. so far since october, we love it. both sleep better. both fall asleep faster. we both toss and turn at night and nobody gets woken up. our moose of a black lab wakes us up when he decides to lay ontop of us, but thats a different story. You are more than welcome to come lay on it and see if you like it, but we thoroughly enjoy it. We bought a king and they threw in free matching memory foam pillows and a free bedframe. and gave us 0% for 24 months

HP ADDICT
02-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Im really looking forward to your input after you have slept on it a week or two. Please keep me updated as I am torn on this decision.

I am considering this also. The hooker to :goof

Will do. I figured what the hell it seems to get good reviews. It was 2799 with split queen foundation 2 free pillows a free bed frame and delivery. It also has a 100 day sleep guarantee and 4yrs 0% financing. I actually did look at the sleep number but I was hesitent of the devider in the middle and the noise they make.

88Nightmare
02-20-2011, 10:51 PM
sounds like a decent deal, but ours was $2,931 (after tax), king size bed (with split foundation) and we picked it up ourselves because I was too impatient to wait for delivery

badass88gt
02-21-2011, 05:55 AM
Check out this site if you are interested.

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/

This is supposed to be a better value than the Sleep Number brand.

http://www.sleepbetterstore.com/

y2kws6
02-21-2011, 11:14 PM
We got the Rapsody Temper pedic and it is good, but I would not say great. My back pain went away, but some days it does come back. I don't think the heat issue is there anymore since we had to get heavier covers because we were cold, lol. Keep the 90 day trial in mind with free delivery and pick up if needed. They told me to give at least two weeks to adjust before making a decision.

Dan

Karps TA
02-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Might wanna check out QVC before you buy. They have some great pricing on Sleep Number and similar matteresses like Tempurpedic with great reviews.

WickedSix
02-22-2011, 01:38 PM
first off im fat.... I like the tempur pedic style matteresses better...i've had ocassion to sleep on a sleep number bed a few times (the sleep wellness institute has them) I had the thing inflated, deflate, middle of the road...everywhere I tried I wound up with a soar back...but again im fat and I have a rediculously soft bed at home.

Holeshot
02-22-2011, 01:54 PM
first off im fat.... I like the tempur pedic style matteresses better...i've had ocassion to sleep on a sleep number bed a few times (the sleep wellness institute has them) I had the thing inflated, deflate, middle of the road...everywhere I tried I wound up with a soar back...but again im fat and I have a rediculously soft bed at home.

What do you consider fat? Reason I ask is I'm 6 ft 240 lbs

WickedSix
02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
i'm 6'4" 350