PDA

View Full Version : Wow

JC70SS
02-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Who is going to World of Wheels and what night? I should be there Friday.:headbang

BAD LS1
02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
ill be in the WBD booth from 11-5 sat and sun.

Josepy
02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Me and Ryan are going on Saturday.

jbiscuit
02-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Can't wait. Hoping the show has some new stuff this year

wheelsofsteel
02-15-2011, 02:04 PM
I will be there all weekend.

ill be in the WBD booth from 11-5 sat and sun.

You have scheduled hours for signing autographs Tom??

Rocket Power
02-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Be there Saturday night.

BAD LS1
02-15-2011, 02:40 PM
You have scheduled hours for signing autographs Tom??

Pfft :rolf I'm just there to keep the cars from falling over! Thats like getting an autograph from one of those workers along the side of the road u see drinking coffee from his thermos while everyone else works.

wheelsofsteel
02-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Hahahahaha. Too funny.
See ya there man

scaleracer
02-15-2011, 04:41 PM
We'll be there all weekend drag slot car racing. :thumbsup

SSDude
02-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Is the show full size hall this year?

Karps TA
02-15-2011, 07:32 PM
I would guess so considering the bands and Big Foot crushing cars.

I'll be there one of the days. most likely Saturday.

Car Guy
02-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Ayyyyyyyyyyy......:cool:

wheelsofsteel
02-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Is the show full size hall this year?

2/3 of the hall from my understanding. All of the Bigfoot stuff will be outside by the hall with the glass windows for spectators to watch from indoors.

CATNHAT
02-16-2011, 08:17 AM
anyone have a hook up for tickets for sunday?

TraceDaddy
02-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Trace and I are going. Can't commit to a time though. Looking forward to it a lot. Spring is coming.

pOrk
02-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Isn't this show usually in january? Why the change?

nismodave
02-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Maybe Sat night.

wheelsofsteel
02-16-2011, 09:16 AM
The date has been bouncing around for the past couple years. Anywhere between January and as late as March it has been. Not sure why tho. Probably scheduling conflicts with a wedding show or something.

JC70SS
02-16-2011, 09:18 AM
does o'reilly have those discount coupons to get in?

jbiscuit
02-16-2011, 09:21 AM
You can get discounted tickets (receipt) at O'Reilly...no coupons. Went and got mine last night in fact. $12 at O'Reilly vs. $14 at the door

Karps TA
02-16-2011, 10:26 AM
the change probably worked out great for the show. Competing against the Packers has always hurt the show.

pjturkey
02-16-2011, 12:18 PM
I'll be there all 3 days....I have my T-bucket in the Traditional Hot Rod display

Got Boost
02-16-2011, 01:48 PM
I will be attending .... Either Friday or Saturday.....

STANMAN
02-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Be there Friday night.

PureSound15
02-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Is there a cheaper source of tickets other than Oreillys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbiscuit
02-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Don't think so Ry??? $12 to get into WoW is a lot...but you gotta go!

Cleveland Dave
02-16-2011, 04:57 PM
sometimes you can walk in the back door and get in for free...lol

b4mytm
02-16-2011, 04:58 PM
I'll be there all weekend with my car. Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow as it has been by Yoosof's all week getting detailed.

pOrk
02-16-2011, 05:01 PM

Thursdays you can get in free too

jbiscuit
02-16-2011, 05:20 PM
^ This

Holeshot
02-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Is there a cheaper source of tickets other than Oreillys?

You could hide in the trunk of Becky's Camaro

PureSound15
02-16-2011, 06:39 PM

That's gotten me slapped a time or two. Not all women appreciate that.

I'm more than willing to try it at WOW though.

Holeshot
02-16-2011, 06:42 PM
That's gotten me slapped a time or two. Not all women appreciate that.

I'm more than willing to try it at WOW though.

Nice :rolf:rolf

Ricky Bobby
02-16-2011, 06:51 PM
i got 2 from a friend at a radio station will be there sun prob with dad

Dr.Buick
02-16-2011, 07:28 PM
I'll be there all weekend with my car. Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow as it has been by Yoosof's all week getting detailed.
Yo does great work and your car always looks good! Good luck with the show this weekend

jbiscuit
02-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Set up day at World of Wheels!

Car Guy
02-17-2011, 11:03 PM

73MACH
02-17-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm taking my dad tomorrow when it opens. Funny enough, I've never been to the WOW show, only the normal new car show.

Yooformula
02-18-2011, 12:10 AM

wet....
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album37/IMG_0096.sized.jpg

jbiscuit
02-18-2011, 07:18 AM
^ looks amazing. Can't wait to check it out at the show and get an autograph from Becky herself! :rolf

Flicktitty
02-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Me and Liz and Ryan will be walking around tomorrow morning. should be fun.

u_say_go
02-18-2011, 10:44 AM
the change probably worked out great for the show. Competing against the Packers has always hurt the show.
remember move-in day last year? what a freakin' MESS!!

Karps TA
02-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Yep. Nothing like paying for a detail job, and then having the car covered in snow and ice. lol Do not miss.

nismodave
02-18-2011, 11:02 AM
enclosed trailer ftw!

Feature Pony
02-18-2011, 11:55 AM
enclosed trailer ftw!

Have 2 cars in there last year FTL!!

jbiscuit
02-18-2011, 12:03 PM
who is taking pics today?

SSDude
02-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Are you guys putting the display carpet around that purple camaro before the show opens?

jbiscuit
02-18-2011, 12:55 PM
white cotton on the front tires to look like its doing a burnout :rolf :alcoholic :chair:

Karps TA
02-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Is Becky going with the hiding kid against the car, or the peeing dog?

jbiscuit
02-18-2011, 01:44 PM
leaning kid....her favorite!

STANMAN
02-18-2011, 10:06 PM
I liked the Star Wars Cobalt. It was the hawtness. Way better than the Dungeons and Dragons Mazda next to it!

JC70SS
02-18-2011, 10:14 PM
weakest WOW ever! Complete waste of $12.:mad:

STANMAN
02-18-2011, 10:18 PM

I didn't know what to expect, as I had never been there, but I can assure you that I won't be going again! If you hit any major show you will see 80% of these cars, and some that are way nicer, for free. The bikini contest was, well, kind of what you would expect from a mid winter WI bikini contest I guess.......

Car Guy
02-18-2011, 10:44 PM

Thank you for saving me $12.....:thumbsup

Josepy
02-18-2011, 11:01 PM

I hear this every year. Nothing much else to do tomorrow.

Holeshot
02-19-2011, 02:44 PM
I haven't been here in years so I have no idea. But hay its about hanging with other car people and friends for me.

SSDude
02-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Had a great time there this afternoon. Got to hang with some cool friends and see a few new cars.
The show is a great promoter for the car hobby. I hope a few of the many kids there today turn into hot rodder's due to the exposure they are getting to the hobby.

If your looking for the super show go to Detroit.

jbiscuit
02-19-2011, 09:22 PM
^ exactly and if anything it's something to do. Saw quite a few new cars that impressed me honestly. Good showing of hot rods also. Had fun shooting pix all afternoon

Rocket Power
02-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Saw Becky's Camaro but no Becky again:rolf

JC70SS
02-19-2011, 11:16 PM
^ exactly and if anything it's something to do. Saw quite a few new cars that impressed me honestly. Good showing of hot rods also. Had fun shooting pix all afternoon

J did you see that green 68 GTO vert???:drool::drool::drool:

jbiscuit
02-19-2011, 11:19 PM
I may have missed it. Doesnt ring a bell

b4mytm
02-19-2011, 11:25 PM

Sorry Jamie.....you know I am never by my car.

Ricky Bobby
02-20-2011, 09:08 AM
went last night with my dad i got my tickets for free, if had to pay i would also be :fire but got to see a few cool cars the rest are just ok, the rat rods got more of my attention then most other things like the truck with semi rear wheels on air :rolf

Karps TA
02-20-2011, 05:26 PM
I never understand the complaint of WoW. It's the only car related thing to do all winter. It's a great place to see the people you don't see in the "off season". And there's something there for everyone. Musclecars, rat rods, historic racers, imports, exotics, bikes, show queens, etc. It's how I was introduced to the hobby when I was a kid. I dreamed of having a car in the show, and was ecstatic years later to do so. There's a bunch of kids at the show this weekend who will have that same dream and desire who will hopefully fulfill it years from now. Yes I know it's "not as good as it used to be" Nothing usually is.

Like anything, want to make it better, get involved and help make it better. Putting a car in that show isn't easy. It's alot of work, time and money involved from prep and cleaning, to transportation, to setup, etc. Think of the people who are having to try and get their pride and joys home in this weather we have today. To blast the show as a waste of $14 is an insult to those people.

That's my soapbox rant. Hope everyone showing makes it home safely tonight.

Rocket Power
02-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Sorry Jamie.....you know I am never by my car.

Yeah I've come to expect that:goof

Yooformula
02-20-2011, 06:25 PM
I never understand the complaint of WoW. It's the only car related thing to do all winter. It's a great place to see the people you don't see in the "off season". And there's something there for everyone. Musclecars, rat rods, historic racers, imports, exotics, bikes, show queens, etc. It's how I was introduced to the hobby when I was a kid. I dreamed of having a car in the show, and was ecstatic years later to do so. There's a bunch of kids at the show this weekend who will have that same dream and desire who will hopefully fulfill it years from now. Yes I know it's "not as good as it used to be" Nothing usually is.

Like anything, want to make it better, get involved and help make it better. Putting a car in that show isn't easy. It's alot of work, time and money involved from prep and cleaning, to transportation, to setup, etc. Think of the people who are having to try and get their pride and joys home in this weather we have today. To blast the show as a waste of $14 is an insult to those people.

AMEN! My kids loved it and I agree it gets the younger interested in cars early on. It was cool as hell to see my little kids having fun sitting in a couple of race cars and for my oldest of 11 to point out the undercarriage of the candy apple red Vette. Was cool to see friends and some of our sponsors representing their businesses!

Plum Crazy
02-20-2011, 09:06 PM
I liked what was there. Saw some familiar faces. I did see a dozen cars wrecked on the way home, one SUV was on its roof in the hammer lane near Ryan Road in the northbound lane

Yooformula
02-20-2011, 09:25 PM
watching the wrecks this weekend has been fun. Saw Bigfoot crush some cars then some morons crush cars on the way home!

Al
02-20-2011, 10:41 PM

I saw Becky's Camaro for the 100th time and finally saw Becky this time. I saw Memphis too. For some odd reason, I always pictured him looking like Nicolas Cage. Hmm. . .I wonder why?

Here is what really caught my attention:
-the big rig rat rod.
-wagons!
-that Cook Customs bike with the Honda engine that looked like a Henderson.

This show gets an A+ from me. I went to the one two or three years ago and it was nowhere as good as this one. Whoever organized the event did a wonderful job.

pjturkey
02-20-2011, 10:50 PM
I've been going to WoW for a while now, but this is the first time having a car in it. I must say, it was very painless. No complaints at all. My car was in the outer ring by the glass windows and the second it turned 7:00, they opened the big glass doors and let us out. 100% pain free

JVan_B
02-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Ugh. I was near the south end and just got home after waiting almost 3 hours to get the truck and trailer in. I was going to try and load outside but knew I would just spin on the way up the ramp.

b4mytm
02-21-2011, 07:55 AM
About 9:00 we decided to pull the trailer to the back and I just pulled outside there and loaded up. Had we thought of that earlier I would have been out the door right at 7:00 too.

b4mytm
02-21-2011, 08:00 AM

Thankyou Brandon....well said.
If you go to car shows regularly,yes you will see alot of the same cars . Unfortunately this show doesn't pull in alot of out of state cars,so they need the locals to fill it up. The non car people that go may have never seen any of the cars there.
I know of plenty of people that go to the show all 3 days even if their car isn't there just to hang out and break up our long Winter.
I had fun,as I do every year...even with the snow/ice/rain.

Feature Pony
02-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Thankyou Brandon....well said.
If you go to car shows regularly,yes you will see alot of the same cars . Unfortunately this show doesn't pull in alot of out of state cars,so they need the locals to fill it up. The non car people that go may have never seen any of the cars there.
I know of plenty of people that go to the show all 3 days even if their car isn't there just to hang out and break up our long Winter.
I had fun,as I do every year...even with the snow/ice/rain.

I agree with Brandon and Becky on this one. There was some cars there that I haven't seen, that white 67 Coronet 440 that was there was hwat!!!!!!!!! But there was a lot of nice bikes and cool cars, plus meeting everyone and seeing them was cool as well. Now onto Detroit for Autorama which will take 6-7 hours to walk through and I will know no one there! :thumbsup

BAD LS1
02-21-2011, 10:55 AM
I guess let me ask the question... If you go to WoW, In Milwaukee mind you... In mid Feb.... And find your self disapointed in the content... What WERE you expecting to see there that would have made it worth while for the investment? The people that always complain about shit, but never offer up ANY suggestions how to make it better if they truly have a problem with it. So lets here the 'em!

GTO Jeff
02-21-2011, 11:24 AM
I thought it was as good a show this year as any in the past. It was amazingly crowded on Saturday afternoon. Sure a lot of the cars are ones you can see all the time in the summer, but there are always new ones to look at, new friends to meet, old friends to see, etc.

I remember going to the WoW show when I was a little kid, just DYING to see the Munsters Koach and Drag-U-La. That got me into the whole car thing and I was planning to show my car there this year but circumstances busted that. Hopefully next year it will work out. Someone told me that next year is the 50th anniversay of this show in Milwaukee?

JC70SS
02-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I guess let me ask the question... If you go to WoW, In Milwaukee mind you... In mid Feb.... And find your self disapointed in the content... What WERE you expecting to see there that would have made it worth while for the investment? The people that always complain about shit, but never offer up ANY suggestions how to make it better if they truly have a problem with it. So lets here the 'em!

Tom I guess in the past the were many more "stock" appearing muscle cars there. I wouldn't give a person 10 cents for a rat/street rod...I can't stand them. I would rather see more new stuff LS1/ GT 500's vipers etc.

STANMAN
02-21-2011, 03:05 PM

Less booths selling overpriced crap and more cars. I also like show/go cars. Like that Vette with the bass boat paint job and mirrors inside the wheel wells did NOTHING for me. I guess I would like to see more cars like that twin turbo'ed S197 at West Bend Dyno's booth, or Becky's car. Cars that are well done, hit the street, and are still nice and clean are what I personally like. I know it's not "STANMAN WoW", but you asked, and I told.

Oh, and better talent at the bikini contest. I did love it's placement though, right next to the SpongeBob Squarepants meet and greet stage. Priceless!

jbiscuit
02-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Personally, I had more fun at this WoW than I have at past ones. Can't put my finger on exactly what made this year's show different but there was a good variety. Sure the similar local cars are always there but there were a lot of beautiful hot rods and modern muscle cars there as well. The history of drag racing display by the Hot Rod radio guys was a nice addition also. The only way to get more variety in the show is to get more people to put their car into the show! You need more people building hot rods or classics. Overall I don't think I have any gripes this year. It was fun. Saw a bunch of friends on a Saturday during the "off season" like Karps mentioned...just a great time.

Karps TA
02-21-2011, 03:35 PM
So people just want to see a show that only the type of car they like will be there? Yeah not sure that's going to draw people or fill up a hall anywhere. Those type of shows can't draw worth a damn in summer even (or even funnier when someone tries to put on such a show, people piss and moan about why their car is excluded).

The show exists to show the many facets of the car culture, hence the title World of Wheels. Not just cater to a single group of enthusiasts. Like said, want to see more of a specific type of car, build em and get them in the show. Or get the people you know to get theirs into the show. The show will most likely always be that way and should be.

It's okay though to not like it, or to not even attend it. No big deal. Just don't go online telling everyone else how shitty it is, and what a waste of money it is.

JVan_B
02-21-2011, 05:25 PM
The guys that ran the show worked hard to bring in cars that had never been shown at Milwaukee WOW before. I can't remember but I think there were over 50 that had not been there before.

pjturkey
02-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Tom I guess in the past the were many more "stock" appearing muscle cars there. I wouldn't give a person 10 cents for a rat/street rod...I can't stand them. I would rather see more new stuff LS1/ GT 500's vipers etc.

WoW has something for everyone IMO. I'm not trying to knock new stuff, but personally anything made after '72 is dead to me, and someone boasting "Numbers Matching" would cause me to glance and walk away. Just not my cup of tea. WoW does a decent job of mixing everything together and has stuff that everyone wants to look at. You can't target a specific audience at a show like this. If it was all Hot Rods and old stuff, you wouldn't go. If it was all LS/Chevy/New stuff, I wouldn't go. I think they did an exceptional job appealing to a variety of enthusiasts.

Memphis
02-21-2011, 10:16 PM

Couldnt have said it better! The kids are the future of this hobby as we were growing up. Those parents arent into the cars and likely have not sen any of these cars either.

Not only this, but many of the people who always say 'overpriced...waste of time and money...never again...' still go back every year? Why if the show is always so bad, just to have another show to complain about?

So people just want to see a show that only the type of car they like will be there? Yeah not sure that's going to draw people or fill up a hall anywhere. Those type of shows can't draw worth a damn in summer even (or even funnier when someone tries to put on such a show, people piss and moan about why their car is excluded).

The show exists to show the many facets of the car culture, hence the title World of Wheels. Not just cater to a single group of enthusiasts. Like said, want to see more of a specific type of car, build em and get them in the show. Or get the people you know to get theirs into the show. The show will most likely always be that way and should be.

It's okay though to not like it, or to not even attend it. No big deal. Just don't go online telling everyone else how shitty it is, and what a waste of money it is.

If you only like one type of car then go to the shows that cater to those types of cars, As someone mentioned, make/model/class specific shows usually dont do very well and when they do go on, those same people complain because they cant put their car in it! I'm not an import fan, but I dont put down people who like and build them. I do like rat rods though so does that mean I dont have any taste? Having worked on and built cars I can appreciate the time, money, and thought put into any car at a show regardless if it suits my taste or not. I may comment on something I dont care for but NEVER to the owner of the car. Not everyone likes everyones cars weather its because of style/color/make/model what have you. Does that mean you shouldnt show or drive your car anymore? Come summer, it will be Solid gold Mcdonalds because they wont let your year of car in, Borchardts because they had no room and turned you away, Holz because it took forever to get in...pick a show, someone will complain about it. For what reason? No idea, maybe just to complain? if it sucks so bad, dont go.

pjturkey
02-21-2011, 10:28 PM
^^ This.

I considered having an exhibitor pass one heck of a deal! I went all 3 days for 25 bucks. It's not even necessarily all about the cars, at least for me, you run into tons of people you know, and afterparties follow! It was just a good time in general.

Flicktitty
02-22-2011, 09:07 AM
i've gone the last 4 or 5 years and will continue to go, there is alot of the same stuff there every year, but there is also alot of new stuff there. It's always something fun to do that is car orientated in the Wisconsin winter.