PDA

View Full Version : another 55" at menards

05caddyext
02-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Menards has another 55" tv on sale with rebate. This one goes down to $693.31 after their rebates are combined. Cheap ass brand and I saw them stacked on the floor with the screens facing up at the Johnson Creek Menards. Huge no no with lcd tvs, must be stored and transported with the screen facing out, not up or down. Idiots. They had the new Karate Kid playing on it, picture jumped around like it couldn't keep up with the action. But im sure people will snap these up to.

michelle
02-13-2011, 08:00 AM
I see that 11% rebate is back too.

-stew-
02-13-2011, 08:26 AM
They just neet do be stood up for eight hours or so prior to being powered up after being laid down for any length of time. I was told this when i picked up my 46"er and cartwd it home in my mustang.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

shawn
02-13-2011, 09:30 AM
They just neet do be stood up for eight hours or so prior to being powered up after being laid down for any length of time. I was told this when i picked up my 46"er and cartwd it home in my mustang.

i've also heard this too.

pOrk
02-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Do you have the brand or model number? Led?

CarrotTop
02-13-2011, 02:41 PM
If its one im thinking of is Auria or something like that we have them over at the west Allis store.. They are shit, Remote broke first time we used it to setup the tv.
Also was not playing 1080p when we had the bluray player hooked up would stay in like 420.

Are store is stocked with them id stay away from them.

Z33Art
02-13-2011, 03:17 PM
If its one im thinking of is Auria or something like that we have them over at the west Allis store.. They are shit, Remote broke first time we used it to setup the tv.
Also was not playing 1080p when we had the bluray player hooked up would stay in like 420.

That would be a huge disappointment if it couldn't play in HD as advertised.

I've always been skeptical about some of those " to good to be true" deals.

HP ADDICT
02-14-2011, 06:59 PM

Was it hooked up through a HDMI cable?

CarrotTop
02-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Yep we took one right of the shelf when setting it up. Maybe the TV was faulty maybe the cable was faulty to start with but id stay away from it.

IcePickFreak
02-15-2011, 01:44 AM

The issue usually is the glass is a lot more likely to break when transporting it flat. That's a big ass sheet of glass with no real support in the center.

tommyt5078
02-15-2011, 11:13 AM
They make TV with glass still? It should be plastic, PET or PC!