PDA

View Full Version : How would these two LCDs compare?

GTSLOW
02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Went to bestbuy and pretty much fell in love with the picture quality on this thing:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889102345

Was shopping around online and found this set which can be had for $500 shipped elsewhere. Only issue is there isn't anywhere around to see it in person. Does anyone know how this would compare to the samsung?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889237019

Myles
02-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Samsung is better.

Silver350
02-07-2011, 03:49 PM
and Samsung is in stock the other POS TV isn't

nismodave
02-07-2011, 05:02 PM
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-ln40c630/4505-6482_7-34001723.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1r

Nothing for the other on Cnet...I just dont know enough about the hannspree....And IMO Samsung is the Rolex of TVs.

badass88gt
02-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Samsung makes a fine LCD TV. I have never heard of Hannspree.

GTSLOW
02-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Ya was checking the samsung @ BB and the picture quality was top notch compared to all of the TV's surrounding it. Just wanted to see if the other one might be worth saving some $$.

jbiscuit
02-07-2011, 05:24 PM
HANNSpree? :rolf

Holeshot
02-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I love my Samsung TV s

brotherbenn83
02-07-2011, 06:01 PM
You get what u pay for, Samsung makes amazing monitors/tvs. I have a cheapy 720p 32"lcd in my bedroom, a 46" LED in the living room and a 23" monitor with my desktop pc; they ALL look great.

FoxStang
02-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Ya was checking the samsung @ BB and the picture quality was top notch compared to all of the TV's surrounding it. Just wanted to see if the other one might be worth saving some $$.

Don't base it solely on what you see at the store, some places purposefully jack with the settings to justify one TV over another. Generally speaking though, Samsung does make good TV's, customer service is decent too, though nothing to write home about.

GHOSST
02-07-2011, 07:47 PM
If you never heard of the brand, be weary!!!

I learned the hard way buying some TKO monitor, crap!!! Good price, but crap!

Go with the Samsung

pOrk
02-07-2011, 07:54 PM
They are all made in the same factory, I'd get the one with the better warranty. I am surfing bcm on the 55" LED TOSHIBA I bought from bestbuy that a few people told me not to buy. I'm glad I did, this thing kicks ass.

Voodoo
02-08-2011, 10:09 AM
I've never heard of HANNSpree and I'd be wary of buying an off-brand for an investment like that. I bought an off-brand NewEgg special LCD monitor a few years back and after a year or so, the OSD flat out stopped working and the monitor randomly+occasionally cycles off and on briefly while I'm using it.

However, upon further investigation, it looks like HANNSpree is manufactured by the same company as Hanns.G, which I had great success with after installing several hundred LCD monitors in the school district I used to work for. No experience with their TVs, however

GHOSST
02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
I've never heard of HANNSpree and I'd be wary of buying an off-brand for an investment like that. I bought an off-brand NewEgg special LCD monitor a few years back and after a year or so, the OSD flat out stopped working and the monitor randomly+occasionally cycles off and on briefly while I'm using it.

However, upon further investigation, it looks like HANNSpree is manufactured by the same company as Hanns.G, which I had great success with after installing several hundred LCD monitors in the school district I used to work for. No experience with their TVs, however

My mom had a Hanns G LCD computer monitor that worked for about 3 years, then it turned green and streaky and you have to turn it back off and on for it to show right... I hated that thing.

Voodoo
02-08-2011, 11:20 AM
My mom had a Hanns G LCD computer monitor that worked for about 3 years, then it turned green and streaky and you have to turn it back off and on for it to show right... I hated that thing.

Hmm, that's not good. Now that I think about it, I didn't work there much longer after we installed the Hanns G monitors, so I didn't really get to observe their long-term performance. I should get a hold of one of my old coworkers and see how they're holding up

Waver
02-08-2011, 11:39 AM
General rule of thumb, is if you have never heard of it, dont get it. I have been compairing the samsung tv's to the others, and hands down it is one of the best out there, followed by sony. The only complaint about the Samsung is that the speakers are located at the bottom so the sound quality isnt as loud....so I say turn the damn thing up

Ricky Bobby
02-08-2011, 12:18 PM
go with the samsung,i see alot of tvs in my job and as for the samsung,sony,lg,toshiba,sharp(etc..) all look comparible. The off brands looks close but never last im always telling customers there tvs are crap and broken, i have a 42" sharp that ive had for about 5 yrs now pic is good. Cant wait though till i get my new 46" LED no more lcd for me

IcePickFreak
02-08-2011, 02:23 PM
They are all made in the same factory, I'd get the one with the better warranty. I am surfing bcm on the 55" LED TOSHIBA I bought from bestbuy that a few people told me not to buy. I'm glad I did, this thing kicks ass.

That's a pretty general statement. Some make their own panels and components, some don't. On top of that, some only make their own TV's for certain models/sizes and out source for others.

BigSnailBuick
02-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Hannspree makes computer monitors that are good and has for a long time..use to be called Hanns G. Looks like they are just trying to step into regular tvs.

Got Boost
02-09-2011, 02:45 PM
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-ln40c630/4505-6482_7-34001723.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1r

Nothing for the other on Cnet...I just dont know enough about the hannspree....And IMO Samsung is the Rolex of TVs.
Actually Runco is probabally the Rolex of TVs ... Although they dont make LCDs...Plus I think you could have picked a better watch than Rolex.....Maybe Brietling og Ulesse Nardin......

Got Boost
02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I believe the panels are just made at same factory....Usually video processors and such are brand specific....