PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Electronics petions Bankruptcy

Got Boost
02-07-2011, 11:08 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_17314363 Just opend here bummer...

Holeshot
02-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Should make for some great deals

BR3W CITY
02-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I have an ex-friend who works for them. He left best buy to work for them since they were offering a really competitive pay and more hours. I guess a couple of the stores closed because they couldn't even pay rent on them. The one here had somewhat strong numbers, but its unlikely they will survive more than another year or so.

Rocket Power
02-07-2011, 11:33 AM
I've been in the one here once. Didn't see anything special as far as deals and was ignored by the employees. Never went back.

easytoremember
02-07-2011, 11:40 AM
I told em to hire me, they didn't listen, too bad.

Exitspeed
02-07-2011, 11:56 AM
I thought the place sucked. Went there looking for a monitor and the selection was really weak.

Just lat week my wife and I drove by and she said "I wonder how long until they go out of business.".

I just text her the answer.

IcePickFreak
02-07-2011, 01:21 PM
So who's next to take a shot at a store in that building on 76th street? Seems like whoever does never stays in business.

Rocket Power
02-07-2011, 01:23 PM

Hmmm maybe I should give them another chance:rolf

Exitspeed
So who's next to take a shot at a store in that building on 76th street? Seems like whoever does never stays in business.

Well in all fairness CC was there for a pretty long time. It's not like that building has had 4 or 5 tenants int he last 10 years.

Got Boost
Nice place for a nudie bar....:banana1:

GTSLOW
02-07-2011, 01:30 PM
I think alot of people predicted they'd go under pretty quickly.

HITMAN
02-07-2011, 03:54 PM
That didn't take long.

TheRX7Project
02-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah I pretty much called that as well.

A lot of their shit is refurbished anyway, we found that out when we were looking for a laptop.

DR.FORD
02-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Larry from Kartunes called me a few months back to tell me he was employed there. Well, I guess not any more!

Holeshot
02-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Nice place for a nudie bar....:banana1:

If you could get the city of Greenfield to allow it that would be awesome.

jbiscuit
02-07-2011, 04:42 PM
That didn't take long.

+1:thumbsup

fly5150
02-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Larry from Kartunes called me a few months back to tell me he was employed there. Well, I guess not any more!

ouch, thats a step back.

GTSLOW
02-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Hmmm maybe I should give them another chance:rolf

:rolf I didn't even see this....buuuuuurrrrn.

brotherbenn83
02-07-2011, 05:51 PM

You are sad that a now-bankrupt company didn't hire you? Or are you insinuating that your mere presence would have somehow changed the financial future of the entire company? Besides...you wouldn't be making millions per year meeting people for fish tacos in the ghetto as a used pc salesman.

brotherbenn83
02-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Should the parent company change it's name from Ultimate Acquisitions to Ultimate Liquidations or Ultimate Failures?

easytoremember
02-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Or are you insinuating that your mere presence would have somehow changed the financial future of the entire company? Besides...you wouldn't be making millions per year meeting people for fish tacos in the ghetto as a used pc salesman.

lol you actually thought I was serious lol. And you think I sell used PCs? uh huh. ...Nice to see I have a place in this fantasy land of yours.

GTSLOW
02-07-2011, 07:31 PM
You are sad that a now-bankrupt company didn't hire you? Or are you insinuating that your mere presence would have somehow changed the financial future of the entire company? Besides...you wouldn't be making millions per year meeting people for fish tacos in the ghetto as a used pc salesman.

:rolf :rolf :rolf Priceless!!!!

lol you actually thought I was serious lol. And you think I sell used PCs? uh huh. ...Nice to see I have a place in this fantasy land of yours.

GHOSST
02-07-2011, 07:56 PM

Did you know someone that works there? Its ok man.. I'm sure they'll find another job....

pOrk
02-07-2011, 07:57 PM

LOL!

I'm not surprised in the least bit, honestly didn't know people still bought stuff from those stores. I can see big ticket items like TV's and Stereos, but hell everything else can be had online for much cheaper and better customer service.

pOrk
02-07-2011, 07:58 PM

You would have been selling used PC's ( aka refurbished ) and the like if you got the job at Ultimate Electronics :thumbsup