PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Super Bowl commercial?

STANMAN
02-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Mine so far (Pitt just scored to make it 21-17). Cram it in the boot:rolf

GHOSST
02-06-2011, 09:31 PM
I like the new Snickers one so far. Rosey Odonnell is annoying as hell.

HITMAN
02-06-2011, 09:38 PM
McDonald's commercial with the Grizzly bears.

88Nightmare
02-06-2011, 09:43 PM
hpjaOUjUPUc

EBUcG7xZB-g

Plum Crazy
02-06-2011, 09:52 PM
New Chrysler Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4fX51w051Y

88Nightmare
02-06-2011, 09:59 PM
I wasn't aware Chrysler still existed

portponies
02-06-2011, 10:02 PM
I liked the Ozzy one. "What's a Bieber?"

74hotrodmalibu
02-06-2011, 10:02 PM
come one no one liked the OZZY one i was rolling in my seat

edit: let me fix that for ya...
D-UZSeDhmrI

BAD LS1
02-06-2011, 10:03 PM
^^^^ lol!! Flash in the pan... Again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yooformula
02-06-2011, 10:13 PM
doritos had me rolling!

1320PNY
02-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Toss up between beaver Bridgestone add and Black Betty Beatle add.

xxtremeteam
02-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Liked both VW ones here

Al
02-06-2011, 10:59 PM
The VW Darth Vader had me laughing!

badass88gt
02-06-2011, 11:01 PM

I agree about Rosie, I also cant stand Ellen. But I tell you what, Rosanne Barr may take the cake, but she's not so annoying when she gets hit in the face with a log during the Snicker's Super Bowl commercial.:goof

lordairgtar
02-06-2011, 11:28 PM
I liked the Eminem Chrysler one. Don't really care for the guy but anyone who does his hometown like that is good. Funny thing about the short bit on the mural in that commercial was actually in one of the Ford plants.

Car Guy
02-07-2011, 01:18 AM
:wstupid

STANMAN
02-07-2011, 05:56 AM
I also liked the Chrysler one. Like his music or not (I personally do, I think he's great with the lyrics) he's true to the motor city:thumbsup

michelle
02-07-2011, 06:39 AM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKL254Y_jtc&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKL254Y_jtc&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

jbiscuit
02-07-2011, 08:20 AM
The ozzy commercial!

GHOSST
02-07-2011, 08:48 AM
After further review,

I'm going with all the car commercials.

Cars.com had some funny ones. VW threw some nice ones out there, The 2011 Camaro commercial was ok, Kia had that pretty cool one with the Mayans at the end, and Bridgestone and Chrysler had the best ones.

I like the Chrysler commercial because even though it was eventually a Chrysler commercial, the message speaks for Detroit as an automaker stronghold for all american based automakers... I like the phrase

"Imported, from Detroit" badass. And is it me or does that city have some pretty cool statues!

Exitspeed
02-07-2011, 08:50 AM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKL254Y_jtc&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKL254Y_jtc&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

This was my favorite as well. Very, very well done. I think they chose the wrong car as the 200 is baaarely better then the Sebring it's trying to replace. But regardless, I thought that was the best commercial.

SSLEVO
02-07-2011, 09:00 AM
What about the audi one? Hit it Kenny G, oh i love that song, stay focused! LOL

GHOSST
02-07-2011, 09:13 AM
What about the audi one? Hit it Kenny G, oh i love that song, stay focused! LOL

Yea that one was pretty funny, and man are they taking plenty of shots a Mercedes nowadays

lilws6
02-07-2011, 09:15 AM
hpjaOUjUPUc

EBUcG7xZB-g

these two i thing were my favorite

Voodoo
02-07-2011, 09:27 AM
I think the two Bridgestone commercials I saw were probably my favorites

Crawlin
02-07-2011, 10:08 AM

that was Roseann Barr

unless I missed a different one(the log hitting the woman was Roseann)

The Audi commercial with Kenny G was hilarious.

Commercials sucked this year I think compared to those of past SB's

GHOSST
02-07-2011, 10:26 AM
that was Roseann Barr

unless I missed a different one(the log hitting the woman was Roseann)

The Audi commercial with Kenny G was hilarious.

Commercials sucked this year I think compared to those of past SB's

Yea, its Barr, I get them confused because their both fat, fugly, openly gay comedians.. Oh wait, I'm sorry according to Wanda Sykes I can't say somethings gay.. "Openly homosexual":thumbsup.

Exitspeed
02-07-2011, 10:40 AM
So Olivier Francois, President and CEO, Chrysler Brand and Lead Executive for Marketing said they used the 200 because it it actually built in MI, where the 300 is built in Ontario. The Caravan/Town & Country is built there as well. So they felt in the spirit of the ad, the 200 was the car to use.

STANMAN
02-07-2011, 11:16 AM
After further review,

I'm going with all the car commercials.

Cars.com had some funny ones. VW threw some nice ones out there, The 2011 Camaro commercial was ok, Kia had that pretty cool one with the Mayans at the end, and Bridgestone and Chrysler had the best ones.

I like the Chrysler commercial because even though it was eventually a Chrysler commercial, the message speaks for Detroit as an automaker stronghold for all american based automakers... I like the phrase

"Imported, from Detroit" badass. And is it me or does that city have some pretty cool statues!

Detroit proper is actually a gorgeous city. The Fox Theater (where he ended up) is stunning since it's renovation. It's like New York, take away all the people and it would be an awesome place to live:rolf

Exitspeed
02-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Detroit proper is actually a gorgeous city. The Fox Theater (where he ended up) is stunning since it's renovation. It's like New York, take away all the people and it would be an awesome place to live:rolf

How much time have you spent there? It's actually less the people (because it feels like a ghost town) then it is the fact that the city is falling apart. they don't have the jobs and economy to repair everything. Hence why they are leveling so many homes to build farms.

I go to Detroit every year. Yes by choice.

The entire city looks terrible sans some for the occupied buildings downtown. But even downtown they have vacant skyscrapers. Some of those they've torn down as well. There are miles upon square miles of vacant homes that are border up, empty, half burned down, etc etc all over the city.

Even the nice areas are bordered by crappy areas on damn near all sides.

The city is not gorgeous right now unless you like the look of a ruined city in ruins. The architecture in and around the city is gorgeous, buy the problem is it's just being left to fall apart. This year I went to the Michgan Train Station to do some photography and that building is stunning...but literally crumbling and falling apart.

But seriously when you are there for a few days it starts to feel like there's no one around a lot of the time. You can be on a city street and there will literally be no one around. No cars driving, no people walking, nothing. It's very odd.

I actually love Detroit though. I can't wait to go every year. I think it's a cool city. But gorgeous is not how I would describe it.

STANMAN
02-07-2011, 04:53 PM
How much time have you spent there? It's actually less the people (because it feels like a ghost town) then it is the fact that the city is falling apart. they don't have the jobs and economy to repair everything. Hence why they are leveling so many homes to build farms.

I go to Detroit every year. Yes by choice.

The entire city looks terrible sans some for the occupied buildings downtown. But even downtown they have vacant skyscrapers. Some of those they've torn down as well. There are miles upon square miles of vacant homes that are border up, empty, half burned down, etc etc all over the city.

Even the nice areas are bordered by crappy areas on damn near all sides.

The city is not gorgeous right now unless you like the look of a ruined city in ruins. The architecture in and around the city is gorgeous, buy the problem is it's just being left to fall apart. This year I went to the Michgan Train Station to do some photography and that building is stunning...but literally crumbling and falling apart.

But seriously when you are there for a few days it starts to feel like there's no one around a lot of the time. You can be on a city street and there will literally be no one around. No cars driving, no people walking, nothing. It's very odd.

I actually love Detroit though. I can't wait to go every year. I think it's a cool city. But gorgeous is not how I would describe it.

I am guessing here that I have spent more time there than 99% of this board. My ex wife was from there, so from when I was 16-30 I spent weeks there at a time, and still go there every year for the Dream Cruise. Granted, the time I spent there was in the nicer area's, I didn't go looking for some hood to spend quality time in. But downtown Detroit (Ford Field/Comerica Park, even around Joe Lewis arena, Chrylser Building, Reanissance Center) is one of the nicer downtowns I have ever visited. I have however noticed then and continue to notice that they REALLY cleaned it up for the year they hosted the Super Bowl, and after that it was like they just let everything go, so I can see your viewpoint as well. I just love the city, and look at it through different eyes I guess?

Exitspeed
02-07-2011, 05:13 PM
I have however noticed then and continue to notice that they REALLY cleaned it up for the year they hosted the Super Bowl, and after that it was like they just let everything go, so I can see your viewpoint as well. I just love the city, and look at it through different eyes I guess?

This is true. I noticed them cleaning it up (tearing down some of the big vacant buildings) before the Super Bowl and building new condos right down the road. Since it has been let go a little. And those condos are still mostly empty.

Like I said I love the city too. I look forward to going every year. I just don't think I'd go as far as to say it's one of the nicer looking downtowns.

I think it could be again (because of the beautiful architecture) but who knows how long that will be.

Even with the domestic brands doing waaay better, the manufacturing jobs are still gone. Detroit needs to reinvent itself which is kinda what the urban farming they have planned is trying to do.

Cryptic
02-07-2011, 07:56 PM
All of them: http://www.youtube.com/user/adblitz?feature=fvsp

lYlyC3XSkIo

oCOK5K89cTQ

I must of missed this one during the game: :rolf
B1yk85znbpY

GHOSST
02-07-2011, 08:07 PM
LMAO!!!!! "You like that?" Hahahaha, I must have been in the bathroom when that one came on, didn't see that.

jamestown478
02-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I like the vw beetle commercial

WI_Dave
02-08-2011, 07:05 AM
I like this one. But I know a girl named Kim that is WELL endowed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0PWf-Degcs

TransAm12sec
02-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Was there a black 64 GTO in a commercial for a movie?

I like the original VW Darth Vader commercial on youtube the most, it was longer and built up the suspense better than the 30 second version. I got my nephew the Darth Vader helmet for christmas.

R55e-uHQna0&