PDA

View Full Version : Polaris snowmobile Help?

SBC-Fox
02-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Last night had my 90 indy 650 out came off a jump and landed flat causing it to bottom out bad. After that my track was rubbing hard under the seat and lost all my suspension . I'm pretty much snowmobile illiterate when it comes to knowing what's wrong im assuming its a shock anything else to look for ?

stenchmiester
02-05-2011, 04:42 PM
I'd imagine u just locked it in the upward postiont get the ass end up in the air and try tapping the carriage down if that doesn't work pull it out and try lots of pb blaster on whatever got stuck.

juicedimpss
02-05-2011, 05:54 PM
get to looking at the rails where the front shock assembly is bolted on,im guessing you broke some shit

Coops Brother
02-06-2011, 07:55 AM
get to looking at the rails where the front shock assembly is bolted on,im guessing you broke some shit

I'm with Ron, definitly broke some shit.

But, really....look for a broken coil spring. When you lift up the rear does the track fall down or does it stay put?

Moves= look for broken shit.
No moves= look for frozen(rusted) bushings.

SBC-Fox
02-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Looked at it a little today if i lift the back it'll stay raised but then if i push down on it the rear will stay down ? Go more into depth tomorrow thanks for the help so far.