PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the movie Restrepo?

Yooformula
02-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Very powerful moving movie.

http://restrepothemovie.com/

-DjqR6OucBc

FoxStang
02-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Saw parts of it a while ago when it was on TV, very interesting to say the least.

GHOSST
02-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Is it on Netflix?

DoubleAron
02-04-2011, 06:20 AM
I have watched the thing on Nat Geo three times now, very cool to see it all from that angle.

That_Guy
02-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Is it on Netflix?
Yes and its pretty intense. Its not a documentry that's for the light hearted.

Mr Twigbert
02-04-2011, 07:41 AM
I watched it on Net Flix last week. Feel so bad for our troops over there. Sad to seem them at the beggining to be excited to go and at the end they are devastated.

Pisses me off to no end to see those towel heads to fight like cowards.

Crawlin
02-04-2011, 08:51 AM
It is probably one of the best documentaries you could watch. VERY good.

Some parts are hard to watch because of what you see these guys go through.

I don't care what else is on and at what time, if this is on during the superbowl, i'd rather watch this that's how much I liked it.

GHOSST
02-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Cool, I'll have to fire up the old netflix on the ps3. I'll watch and tell you guys what I think, but being military, I love watching anything military, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Yooformula
02-04-2011, 07:29 PM
hard one to watch and impossible to NOT think differently of any service member that says they served time over there. Imo, it was awesome that the filmers lived with them the ENTIRE time and did everything with them. Their intent was to show the general public what the REAL soldier in the field is going through and what its like for them there not just what the media shoves down your throat. Very brave of the movie makers to not bail on those guys the entire time even though they could have after finding out what kind of shit they got themselves into.

Rifleman WI
02-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Restrepo Motovates me... i love that movie and like you all said, it shows how much these wars suck and the shit we go through, and how fucked in the head alot of those guys will be when they get out, not knowing anything else but how to survive... the movie also made me feel like a big puss for being on my second deployment to Baghdad and not doing shit.. my hats off to all those guys that fight to survive every day, they are the real heros......:thumbsup

pOrk
02-05-2011, 06:32 AM
I made it 1/3 of the way through and turned it off, it was boring to me. That, and I have little interest in seeing my fellow americans in that shit hole at all.