PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ TPMS on 2010 Equinox

flyin_blue_egg
02-03-2011, 11:57 AM
So I accidently hit the rest button for the TPMS on the wife's SUV. When I hit the button to "relearn" it seems as if it's starting to relearn it and then stops. Any idea on how to reset it w/o taking it to a dealership? Thanks

Flicktitty
02-03-2011, 12:18 PM
check the owners manual.

flyin_blue_egg
02-03-2011, 12:21 PM
That's the prob. I can't find it.:chair::fire:goof

brotherbenn83
02-03-2011, 12:47 PM
With the key in the "on" position press and hold the lock AND unlock buttons on the remote until the horn chirps to signal TPMS learn mode, there is also a reset button on the DIC as you stated. Starting with the LF tire: increase or decrease the tire pressure until a horn chirp is heard (usually 10-15 seconds) continue to the RF, then the RR and finish with the LR tire. OR, you could take it to a dealer and we can reset it with the $500 tool for free-$10 somewhere in that range depending where you go.

lilws6
02-03-2011, 12:58 PM
what he said^ used to do it at tires plus all the time i was the only one who knew how to do them lol

flyin_blue_egg
02-03-2011, 01:16 PM
With the key in the "on" position press and hold the lock AND unlock buttons on the remote until the horn chirps to signal TPMS learn mode, there is also a reset button on the DIC as you stated. Starting with the LF tire: increase or decrease the tire pressure until a horn chirp is heard (usually 10-15 seconds) continue to the RF, then the RR and finish with the LR tire. OR, you could take it to a dealer and we can reset it with the $500 tool for free-$10 somewhere in that range depending where you go.

So go to a gas station and put in/take out a few psi from each tire....thanks.

animal
02-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Anyone know, will you fail emissions with a TPMS error like you do with a CEL?

brotherbenn83
02-03-2011, 01:42 PM
No because the TPMS will only set codes in the EBCM, they only scan the ECM/TCM.

animal
02-03-2011, 02:39 PM
No because the TPMS will only set codes in the EBCM, they only scan the ECM/TCM.

Sweet :)

flyin_blue_egg
02-03-2011, 07:01 PM

Thanks for the help...all fixed and it only cost me $0.50 for the air at the gas station.

brotherbenn83
02-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Glad to know my years of work and countless thousands of hours of training are good for something.

flyin_blue_egg
02-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Glad to know my years of work and countless thousands of hours of training are good for something.

Hell the hardest part was finding a fvcking gas station that had an air pump that actually worked. Went to 5 before I found one. And before I left I looked in the owners manual to see what to put the tires at psi wise and as I flipped through the vehicle care section found where it tells you (pretty much word for word as you told me) how to do it w/o going to a dealership.

I'd like to know what the Hales Corners cop that was sitting across the street from me when I was doing the reset. It was pretty quite out so he had to be able to hear the horn honking...lol

deuceWI
02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I wish I had the time to take the TPMS light out of my dash.

It's the most permanent solution to a problem I never asked for.

TPMS systems don't help when the people driving cars are still idiots. Like my sister who ignores the light in her car. According to her, the pressure went down in the tires because it's cold outside (yes, this makes sense) but still she doesn't put air in the tires. :(