PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Bugeye wrx or 2004-2005

BigSnailBuick
01-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Anyone have an leads on wrx's for sale? Looking to spend 7-10. I think the 04-05 is the best looking but a properly done bugeye is sexy as well. If anyone has any insight on one floating around let me know. Much appreciated :)

Russ Jerome
01-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Autotrader is full of them, been watching them for a year.
Cars.com has lots but autotrader has better options for search.

"New to you" in wauk usualyt has 2 or 3 wrx's in the 04-05 blobeye.

BigSnailBuick
01-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Autotrader is full of them, been watching them for a year.
Cars.com has lots but autotrader has better options for search.

"New to you" in wauk usualyt has 2 or 3 wrx's in the 04-05 blobeye.

Is that the place right next to the ford dealer? If so I walked in and offered 8 grand cash on the spot for a car with a window sticker of 9. He thought and said ehh we just got it in. I laughed and just left. Im sure he picked it up at action for 4. Would have made quick easy money..Kinda surprised me

Slow5oh
01-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Honestly I'd skip a bug eye. For a nice non molested/riced out low miled one you will spend around 9-10 grand.

Russ Jerome
01-29-2011, 09:23 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?lastBeginningStartYear=1981&num_records=25&search_lang=en&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&search_type=both&distance=100&address=53214&marketZipError=false&make=SUB&model=IMPWRX&make2=&start_year=1981&end_year=2007&min_price=&max_price=15000&seller_type=b&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&keywords_display=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&showZipError=y&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&awsp=false&systime=&scarid=292392911&rdm=1296357041387
Lots out there.

jbiscuit
01-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Bugeyes ftw. They still command pretty good money. Watch nasioc.com for a nice bolt on car. I just helped a co-worker find a 45k mile 03 with a few nice upgrades etc

Lash
01-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Wow. $11.5k for a 7 year old with over 100k mi.

jbiscuit
01-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Not uncommon at all for these cars. They hold their value like crazy

Rifleman WI
01-29-2011, 11:49 PM
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2121665
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2080140

BigSnailBuick
01-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Wow. $11.5k for a 7 year old with over 100k mi.

Dude your telling me man!!!! Some of the guys on nasioc are asking 17 for a basic bolt on 2004 with salvage title. Half that sites members obviously dont want to sell their cars or are forgetting its not brand new anymore. No lie I have seen 3 cars on that site with realistic prices.

As stated before the problem is all these I feel were beat to fuck by 18 year old kids... i'm going to take my time and wait for the right one. Or just buy my new Ducati during winter. Whichever comes 1st :) I have the cash in hand therefore I am king :shades

Rifleman WI
01-30-2011, 12:39 AM
As stated before the problem is all these I feel were beat to fuck by 18 year old kids... i'm going to take my time and wait for the right one. Or just buy my new Ducati during winter. Whichever comes 1st :) I have the cash in hand therefore I am king :shades

thats the problem i came along with a few 06's i looked at, one musta been in a wreck cuz it was repainted a non stock blue, and was done like shit, and the suspension was sloppy as hell. i like my 08, and it was only beat on by some lady for 19k miles.. lol

BigSnailBuick
01-30-2011, 12:46 AM
thats the problem i came along with a few 06's i looked at, one musta been in a wreck cuz it was repainted a non stock blue, and was done like shit, and the suspension was sloppy as hell. i like my 08, and it was only beat on by some lady for 19k miles.. lol

Yea lucky you...thats what I want. One that was driven by someone old that used it for work :rolf

I seem to always pick the wrong car that holds its value due to popularity. I was on dsmtuners a few weeks back and some guy was trying to get 8 1/2 grand for a clean stock 95 eclipse gsx. Its like ok I understand its clean but sir you do realize your car is collector plate old now and for 1500 more I can go buy an evo :durr

Rifleman WI
01-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Yea lucky you...thats what I want. One that was driven by someone old that used it for work :rolf

I seem to always pick the wrong car that holds its value due to popularity. I was on dsmtuners a few weeks back and some guy was trying to get 8 1/2 grand for a clean stock 95 eclipse gsx. Its like ok I understand its clean but sir you do realize your car is collector plate old now and for 1500 more I can go buy an evo :durr

lol, nice. yea i had my heart set on a 06-07, but didnt wanna pay 600 a month cuz i couldn't get a long enough loan, this 08 has grown on me tho, i love it.

jbiscuit
01-30-2011, 07:53 AM
You actually have the part wrong about all the 18 year punks being on nacioc.com selling overpriced beaters. That isn't a Honda website. There are a lot of Subaru enthusiasts over there that take ridiculous care of those cars. Pampering so to speak. There may be some a bit high in price on those forums but I would say you could find some very nice cars. Better than going used car lot hopping looking for one. Cheap and wrx can't be used together inthe same sentence. If you want a cheap, beat wrx you can find one for sure on craigslist or eBay. But if you want a well taken care of car with nice mods and service history you pay for that. The bugeyes are still some of the most sought after and you don't see a lot of them for sale that are decently priced but they are out there if you look. The guy that bought my 03 wrx wagon came from the twin cities to buy it cash in hand. Sold through nasioc.

HY35F2T
01-30-2011, 11:31 AM

A good condition evo for 10k?

BR3W CITY
01-30-2011, 12:36 PM
It would seem like a crap shoot. Most of the ones that ever come up "reasonable" ie what they SHOULD cost, are the ~02's, with the shitty trans.
The non-bugeye command retarded money for an ok car, but there pretty much 2-3g's high at all times.

BigSnailBuick
01-30-2011, 03:56 PM
A good condition evo for 10k?

Believe it or not ive seen a few evo's go for 10-12 that were mint. I guess i'm just use to being in a circle of car guys that finds amazing deals lol Like I said thats why u have to wait for the right deal.

Nasioc I didnt say was the 18 year old kids with beat cars. I was more referring to the lump sum of used rex's I've come across. Most of the cars on nasioc are very well maintained. But there are a few cars on there that are a bit overpriced is all. I saw a great deal on a mint 03'... sold for 8!!! Sold the same day I emailed the guy!

Slow5oh
01-30-2011, 04:45 PM

If you up your range a bit to 16-17 an 04-05 STi can be had. One thing to keep in mind wrxs/especially STis were made to take a beating. Also around here from what I've noticed from meets is I'm usually the youngest one at them with an STi at 21. They generally aren't beat on just driven spirited when it comes to the older owners.

I know thats well over what you're looking for I'm not sure what you're want of a WRX is. But the extras about the STi make it worth every penny.

just some food for thought.

BigSnailBuick
01-30-2011, 05:04 PM
If you up your range a bit to 16-17 an 04-05 STi can be had. One thing to keep in mind wrxs/especially STis were made to take a beating. Also around here from what I've noticed from meets is I'm usually the youngest one at them with an STi at 21. They generally aren't beat on just driven spirited when it comes to the older owners.

I know thats well over what you're looking for I'm not sure what you're want of a WRX is. But the extras about the STi make it worth every penny.

just some food for thought.

Yea I would LOVE an sti..but outta the price range for moi. The problem is after I pick up a wrx ill sell my jeep. However I cant risk selling the jeep and then having more money for the wrx. Still need transportation!! But it would be nice to have another $3500 to play with :(

Slow5oh
01-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I knew of a Sonic yellow bug eye pushing 375awhp for 8k rare color, looks completely stock. I don't know if he's still selling it. I'll try and find out for you.

BigSnailBuick
01-30-2011, 06:08 PM
I knew of a Sonic yellow bug eye pushing 375awhp for 8k rare color, looks completely stock. I don't know if he's still selling it. I'll try and find out for you.

That sounds perfect. Thats exactly the deal im looking for. Nice numbers, fairly clean, 8k lol

Russ Jerome
01-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Subi electronics suck, buy a bone stock car and modify slowly. There is ZERO adaptive trims in fuel or knock, whatever is dialed in is set in ecm, no buffer for mods or accidental overboost.

Its the only thing thats kept me from buying one, electronics are blind to changes you make, nothing to argue about its in the programing unless you change it before hand.

Slow5oh
01-30-2011, 06:45 PM
are you crazy?

Cobb stage 2 is all you need on a stock car, vf39, sti injectors and top mount can net a little over 300hp on a bug eye all from an off shelve tune.

I was running 20psi on a street tune, stock wastegate/injectors/fuel.

The only downside is the 5 speeds are glass trans, but sti 6 speed swap takes care of that problem in a hurry.

HY35F2T
01-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Believe it or not ive seen a few evo's go for 10-12 that were mint. I guess i'm just use to being in a circle of car guys that finds amazing deals lol Like I said thats why u have to wait for the right deal.

Nasioc I didnt say was the 18 year old kids with beat cars. I was more referring to the lump sum of used rex's I've come across. Most of the cars on nasioc are very well maintained. But there are a few cars on there that are a bit overpriced is all. I saw a great deal on a mint 03'... sold for 8!!! Sold the same day I emailed the guy!

Shit at that price id buy them and then sell them for more on craigslist i see 12k for one with a salvage title lol.

SSLEVO
01-31-2011, 09:48 PM
Shit at that price id buy them and then sell them for more on craigslist i see 12k for one with a salvage title lol.

Yeah, i would stay farrrr away from a 10k evo, lol. To find a nice one you are still in the 17-18k range.

turbogarrett
02-01-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't know if a wagon interests you, but my brother is looking to part with his. It has some mild mods- borla exhaust,? coilovers, cobb,etc and around 60k on the clock. He was thinking of trading it in on a truck. Pm me if it interests you at all.

BigSnailBuick
02-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't know if a wagon interests you, but my brother is looking to part with his. It has some mild mods- borla exhaust,? coilovers, cobb,etc and around 60k on the clock. He was thinking of trading it in on a truck. Pm me if it interests you at all.

I have tried my hardest to like them but I simply cannot :durr

Got a few test drives lined up thursday and friday. Hopefully one plucks the buy string. What perfect weather to play with a new rex :banana

TransAm12sec
02-01-2011, 06:21 PM
You can adjust the settings.

http://autos.aol.com/used-list/year-2000-2005/make1-Subaru/model1-Impreza/trim-WRX/location-53211/price-5000-13000/vcond-Used/cpo-true/range-200/prices/

http://www.sommerscars.com/used/Subaru/2004-Subaru-Impreza+WRX-Milwaukee-4fa7afa80a0a006500f0f6ac9d368b23.htm

BigSnailBuick
02-04-2011, 02:14 AM
2002 Dark blue almost black Wrx now in the stable. However I refuse to make a new toy thread until I detail and claybar this beast tomorrow.:goof Like everyone that has owned one told me these are some very fun go karts to play with. I will 100% agree. Very very fun to drive tonight!! Cant wait to clean her up proper tomorrow!

jbiscuit
02-04-2011, 08:39 AM
^ sounds nice. Stock? Modded?

BigSnailBuick
02-04-2011, 08:57 PM
^ sounds nice. Stock? Modded?

Modded.

FMIC
sti turbo
invidia exhaust
intake
injectors

etc etc....Perfect amount of zip in a DD. I'm really enjoying the car. :)

Needs good tires and a better tune and it will be set. You can tell the guy that tuned it before really wasnt 100% sure what he was doing and just tuned rich to be on the safe side.

Rifleman WI
02-05-2011, 06:03 AM
sounds like an awesome find, cant wait to see it. :thumbsup