PDA

View Full Version : China is the biggest joke ever

jamestown478
01-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Did China just try to pass off Top Gun footage as Air Force Training Material?

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/jamestown478/topgun.jpg

"A few days ago, China Central Television showed footage of what they claimed was an air force training exercise conducted on January 23. From the looks of things, they were actually just playing clips from Top Gun. The clips in question were reportedly aired during the News Broadcast program on China Central Television, the major state television broadcast company. They supposedly showed a J-10 fighter firing a missile at another aircraft during a practice exercise.

But an internet commenter quickly pointed out that the aircraft the J-10 was shown shooting down was an F-5, an American aircraft, and the very one Tom Cruise guns down in a scene from Top Gun. Comparing frames from the CCTV broadcast (left) and Top Gun (right), well, they're lookin' pretty much identical."

http://gizmodo.com/5745307/did-china...-force-footage

"So that's amusing. There's no word yet on whether or not the Chinese fighter pilots engaged in any beach volleyball after the exercises."

lordairgtar
01-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Comment from Chinese fighter pilot..."I have no prace to go"

Exitspeed
01-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Slider....you stink.

Car Guy
01-28-2011, 11:43 AM
If this is true...... :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Nix
01-28-2011, 12:05 PM
China sucks.

Whoever thought up this idea to do this must have a diet high in lead. :shades

Crawlin
01-28-2011, 12:06 PM
LMAO!!!

isn't this up there with the "report" about them launching a whole slew of missles only for photoshop people to say that it was just one rocket with many duplications?

BR3W CITY
01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Nothing commands world respect like a state run propaganda network running footage of a 20yr old american movie and calling it news.

xxsn0blindxx
01-28-2011, 09:47 PM
While this is certainly a ridiculous display of propaganda, China's military power and potential is certainly no joke. Post-Soviet Russia sold them any and every military item they could to keep their country afloat. Of course China re-engineered it and are now capable of building everything but jet engines and likely aren't far off from having that capability. The short amount of time that it took for them to develop a flying prototype for the J-20 is beyond impressive, especially when compared against the timeline of the JSF. China is our biggest potential military threat.

Lash
01-28-2011, 09:53 PM
China is our biggest potential military threat.

And economic.

Counterfeit products
Printing counterfeits of OUR money
Zero labor laws

China can kiss my ass.

It's just a matter of time....

STANMAN
01-28-2011, 09:59 PM
If we ever cut off their food supply there is no way they could feed all their civilians. Once footage started leaking out of millions of Chinese men and women dying of starvation I would think the war would come to an end quickly. People have to realize that not only are we the greatest industrial nation in the world (still), we are also the supermarket to the rest of the world. Japan can have their electronic widgets, China can have it's billions of subjects, the Middle Eastern countries can have their oil, but when push comes to shove, it's all useless when you are starving, and if all those countries that think they "own" the US ever forget that, don't think our government would be above reminding them of who really runs the show. Or at least that's what I like to think:thumbsup

TheRX7Project
01-29-2011, 04:48 AM
Before China could get to us, they'd have to get through Japan.

The only way they could "hurt" us would be stop sending us their crap... which, in the end would only be good for America.

xFullThrottlex
01-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Before China could get to us, they'd have to get through Japan.

The only way they could "hurt" us would be stop sending us their crap... which, in the end would only be good for America.

Truth:thumbsup

Korndogg
01-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Gooooooooooooooooooooose

IcePickFreak
01-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Chappy!!!!! err wait wrong movie

FoxStang
01-29-2011, 01:57 PM
If we ever cut off their food supply there is no way they could feed all their civilians. Once footage started leaking out of millions of Chinese men and women dying of starvation I would think the war would come to an end quickly. People have to realize that not only are we the greatest industrial nation in the world (still), we are also the supermarket to the rest of the world. Japan can have their electronic widgets, China can have it's billions of subjects, the Middle Eastern countries can have their oil, but when push comes to shove, it's all useless when you are starving, and if all those countries that think they "own" the US ever forget that, don't think our government would be above reminding them of who really runs the show. Or at least that's what I like to think:thumbsup

Spot on, invest in Agri commodities this year folks, because China already knows it has a shortage and will be buying from who? Us. (pun intended)

Add in the fact that they've invested practically nothing in their own economy compared to everyone else means their not even betting on themselves. China knows it can't keep the cheap labor party in its country forever, too many other 3rd world countries saw what this can do for them via China, so their more than happy to try to attract that labor to themselves, at a much lower rate than China.

I'm not saying we should ignore them, but its not as one sided as many fear mongers would have you believe.

Gregor
01-29-2011, 09:05 PM
That damn nation steals everything even our bad '80s movies.

jamestown478
01-29-2011, 10:35 PM
That damn nation steals everything even our bad '80s movies.

haha just wait. Ten years from now they will release a clip of chinas army training and it will just be a clip from a chuck norris movie.

Teufelhunden
01-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Hiiii Wray to da Danega Zoonn!
LMOA!

Sent from my iP4, using Tapatalk

shoooo32
01-30-2011, 11:31 AM
The short amount of time that it took for them to develop a flying prototype for the J-20 is beyond impressive, especially when compared against the timeline of the JSF. China is our biggest potential military threat.

The Chinese also had a touchscreen phone with apps for sale only a few months after the iphone 2g was released. Just because they can replicate something quickly doesn't mean it's any good.

Al
01-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Does all of this have anything to do with Top Gun 2 supposedly being produced as we type?

jimez1
01-31-2011, 07:51 AM
In my opinion China is still a long way from stealth technology. The J-20 aircraft was mentioned earlier. If you look at photos of the plane it has canards. (Those are the little wing looking things torward the nose of the plane) These are to help with manuverability . They are also the biggest item to take a jet from stealth on a radar image to one that is the size of a house. Also the engine exhust cones that are shown are not stealth at all. Those will put out a huge signature to "eyes in the sky". And lastly the overall size of the plane itself makes me believe that plane is far from being stealth.

TheRX7Project
01-31-2011, 07:53 AM
"but when we rook up we can't see it, thelfole it's sterth!"