PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a part time job

03CVLX
01-26-2011, 09:42 PM
So I am thinking about looking for a part time job. I need to pay some bills off and want to do it quicker. Here is my problem. My Full time job requires me to be available for last second overtime, and I can be ordered to stay and work up to an additonal 8 hours before or after my normal shift with little to no notice. So I would need something extremely flexible to work around this issue.

Anybody know of anyone hiring that would be willing to work with me if and when this issue would arise. Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated.

Are any of these work from home things you see on craigslist legitimate?

awsomeears
01-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Silk ?

FoxStang
01-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Silk ?
That's gonna need a good surgery, and those are expensive.

WickedSix
01-27-2011, 08:30 AM
target? they pay crap but seems like they will take any hours someone can give...

Prince Valiant
01-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Is there any way you can just pick up any and every overtime opportunity? I'd think with that, even working less hours you'd still be nicely ahead..

03CVLX
01-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Is there any way you can just pick up any and every overtime opportunity? I'd think with that, even working less hours you'd still be nicely ahead..

Trying to do that first, but lots of my coworkers want to work it too, not that much to pick from. A part time job is kinda last resort due to the demand of my full time employer but I'm definitely looking.

flyin_blue_egg
01-27-2011, 11:54 AM
target? they pay crap but seems like they will take any hours someone can give...

I was gonna say Wal-Mart (in the same area). The problem you're gonna run into is you have no time on the job with any of these places. When I worked at wally world and had a part-time police job, I was able to leave early/come in late so I could work my part time job. But I also had worked there for 3 years and never been late etc.

lordairgtar
01-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Pizza delivery. Some of the family owned places will work with you on the schedule thing.

Rocket Power
01-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Trying to do that first, but lots of my coworkers want to work it too, not that much to pick from. A part time job is kinda last resort due to the demand of my full time employer but I'm definitely looking.
I must be the only one around that doesn't like OT. I always wait till its assigned to me and never volunteer.:rolf

SSLEVO
01-27-2011, 10:44 PM
I could use some OT pay, doesn't work so well when its salary though, lol

I would love to take on some part time drafting/ solid modeling work but i doubt it's out there.

03CVLX
01-27-2011, 11:31 PM
I must be the only one around that doesn't like OT. I always wait till its assigned to me and never volunteer.:rolf

In our line of work OT does suck a little. Only way to get it is either work your off day for 8 hours. Or work 16 hours straight on a double shift. There is no option to stay 2-3 hours a night extra. Its the whole shift or nothing.