PDA

View Full Version : Refund!!!!

lordairgtar
01-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Just got my state refund in the bank...paid some of the medical bills I got from the wound care on my leg. Looks like the custom wheels will have to wait. Anyone got theirs yet?

jbiscuit
01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Ummm what? You filed already? :rolf

xxtremeteam
01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
just found what we are getting back not in my hands yet

WhatsADSM
01-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Wow you guys are fast. Still don't have a bunch of W2s.

Karps TA
01-26-2011, 05:35 PM
I filed Monday. Haven't been processed yet. Looking forward to the $4K in my pocket.

jbiscuit
01-26-2011, 05:40 PM

Same here...don't even have half the stuff we need to be able to file yet

Nix
01-26-2011, 05:53 PM
My wife is a CPA so our taxes were done as soon as the year was over. :)

88Nightmare
01-26-2011, 05:54 PM
my taxes are already filed as well

Prince Valiant
01-26-2011, 05:58 PM
have to correct a payroll issue before I try to file...

VroomPshhTsi
01-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Just filed on Monday.
Waiting on return in a couple weeks.

Turbo Tax fucked up again this year (second year they messed up state taxes).
They help you fix it and nothing was really affected, just annoying.

WickedSix
01-26-2011, 06:10 PM
both state and federal refund were DD today for me

GHOSST
01-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Still waiting in W2's... getting upset.

Rocket Power
01-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Did the IRS figure out whatever it was for people who itemize? I thought they weren't going to be ready until february.

moels
01-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Did the IRS figure out whatever it was for people who itemize? I thought they weren't going to be ready until february.

I e-filed with taxact like I do every year and 2 days after I was done I get a notice that it wouldn't be processed until Feb. 14th. Pissed me off, but what can you do?

Z28Envy
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
I used h&r block online free federal and $15 dollar state file. Did them last Wednesday or Thursday and got my state refund early this morning and state should be here in a day or 2 according to where's my refund.

That_Guy
01-26-2011, 07:10 PM
The day I got my w2 I faxed it to my tax guy and had it e filed the same day.. dd in the bank cash money millionare!

I'm just happy to get my money back! Lol

That_Guy
01-26-2011, 07:11 PM
The day I got my w2 I faxed it to my tax guy and had it e filed the same day.. dd in the bank cash money millionare!

I'm just happy to get my money back! Lol

GTSLOW
01-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Filed yesterday. Hopefully state comes fast like usual gotta fix the VW.

Still waiting in W2's... getting upset.

Don't you guys get paid thru dfas/mypay too??

FoxStang
01-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I filed Monday. Haven't been processed yet. Looking forward to the $4K in my pocket.

You let the gov hold 4k interest free for a year? :stare

Karps TA
01-26-2011, 08:28 PM
I already claim a 2. I have deductions. Besides I like having that extra cash this time of year instead of blowing it on hookers and booze all year long.

FoxStang
01-26-2011, 08:43 PM
I already claim a 2. I have deductions. Besides I like having that extra cash this time of year instead of blowing it on hookers and booze all year long.

TMV dictates you'd have more to blow on hookers and booze now even with low return RF securities. To each their own I guess.

05caddyext
01-26-2011, 10:02 PM
i like getting money back this time of year also. for me this year ill be getting about 2000 bucks back. some may say its stupid to let the gov't hold on to that for a year interest free, but here is how I look at it. I would rather get the 2000 back than have an extra $38 a week in my paycheck. Id waste the 38 bucks for sure, but the 2000 ill use to pay bills

74hotrodmalibu
01-26-2011, 10:21 PM
filed monday here and wont get till feb 4th suks big government arse

FoxStang
01-26-2011, 10:25 PM
i like getting money back this time of year also. for me this year ill be getting about 2000 bucks back. some may say its stupid to let the gov't hold on to that for a year interest free, but here is how I look at it. I would rather get the 2000 back than have an extra $38 a week in my paycheck. Id waste the 38 bucks for sure, but the 2000 ill use to pay bills

Which makes it that much funnier when you guys claim you want less government intervention, but aren't fiscally responsible enough to handle an extra $40 a week. How can we expect the policy makers to uphold a budget when the citizens can't even perform such a basic function. Then again saving has never been this country's forte.

Rant over, for now.

lordairgtar
01-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Fed refund should be here tomorrow...more med bills to pay. No custom wheels.

wheelsofsteel
01-27-2011, 08:03 AM
I am really shocked to hear that some of you received a refund DD already. My understand was that neither e-filed nor mailed documents will be accepted before Feb 14th???

jbiscuit
01-27-2011, 08:14 AM
^ I thought the same exact thing...in fact we aren't even filing until then LOL

Karps TA
01-27-2011, 08:16 AM
I believe that for people doing like the 1040EZ form that don't have itemized deductions, that those are being accepted. It's something to do with the itemized deductions that is the hold up.

WickedSix
01-27-2011, 08:27 AM
it was jan 14th that they opened up efile this year cus i had sent then before and they weren't accepted until then.

As far as giving the government an interest free loan... I don't see that as a bad thing. Yes it would be easy to automatically deposit the extra 40 a paycheck into a savings account...which would yield hmm a couple of extra dollars per year at 0.5% interest?...to me the government is a no cost savings account that i get to cash out every year right when I happen to want to take a vacation and escape the grey skies and snow. I just wish I could deduct more of my student loan interest than the current limits..paying 8500 in interest and only being able to reduce my income by a maximum of 2500 seems like a bad policy if you truly want to encourage higher education. but tax rants could go on for days.....so i'll leave it at that

wheelsofsteel
01-27-2011, 08:30 AM
I believe that for people doing like the 1040EZ form that don't have itemized deductions, that those are being accepted. It's something to do with the itemized deductions that is the hold up.

Now I could see that making sense.
I had mine done on Monday and was told that it wasnt going to be submitted until Feb 14th. Now I have a lengthy filing with deductions, house, investments etc.

Thanks for the insight.

VroomPshhTsi
01-27-2011, 08:32 AM
I just wish I could deduct more of my student loan interest than the current limits..paying 8500 in interest and only being able to reduce my income by a maximum of 2500 seems like a bad policy if you truly want to encourage higher education. but tax rants could go on for days.....so i'll leave it at that

You are paying $8500 in interest every year? :wow
Or for the entire life of the loan?

PureSound15
01-27-2011, 08:34 AM
^^^ Does not compute

Crawlin
01-27-2011, 08:43 AM
You let the gov hold 4k interest free for a year? :stare

Work out the compounding interest schedule of that same $76/week that comes out to be at the 1.5% interest a savings account seems to be at and tell me how much you really gain by allowing them to have it.

Hell the whole $4000 at 1.5% if kept the WHOLE year, would only yield $60 in interest.

First subtract any "credits" you'd get in that 4k as well. Like I'll be getting over that amount, however I get $2500 for being in school, and misc other credits.

For some, having a zero access/0% interest savings account is better than having access to the $76/month that would disappear to misc bullshit anyways.

EDIT - and like you said, "fiscally responsible" is lacking, however, we are all on a board that has to do with a hobby the is probably the LEAST fiscally responsible thing a person can do, so no throwing stones in glass houses :)

DR.FORD
01-27-2011, 08:52 AM

Thats 'cause yer a baller!!!!:thumbsup

Karps TA
01-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Work out the compounding interest schedule of that same $76/week that comes out to be at the 1.5% interest a savings account seems to be at and tell me how much you really gain by allowing them to have it.

Hell the whole $4000 at 1.5% if kept the WHOLE year, would only yield $60 in interest.

First subtract any "credits" you'd get in that 4k as well. Like I'll be getting over that amount, however I get $2500 for being in school, and misc other credits.

For some, having a zero access/0% interest savings account is better than having access to the $76/month that would disappear to misc bullshit anyways.

EDIT - and like you said, "fiscally responsible" is lacking, however, we are all on a board that has to do with a hobby the is probably the LEAST fiscally responsible thing a person can do, so no throwing stones in glass houses :)

Werd! :thumbsup

Plus I'd rather get money back, then gamble and have to pay. I like being able to pay my car and house insurance for the year right away, as well as have that cash for stuff I want to get done around the house come spring. I'll never tell anyone I'm fiscally responsbile. I dropped $30K+ on a thridgen for christ sakes. lol

jbiscuit
01-27-2011, 09:19 AM
^ This. I use tax return money to do stuff around the house or last year, we just invested our refund which has worked out pretty well. But we are the same way, don't like to gamble and risk owing come tax time. I'd just rather get a refund every year even if we don't have anything planned for it. This year I'll probably use a few bucks to cover the machine shop costs on my motor and then bank the rest.

WickedSix
01-27-2011, 09:28 AM
You are paying $8500 in interest every year? :wow
Or for the entire life of the loan?

I have 1098 E's totaling 8500 in student loan interest for THIS year.... its above normal because several loans were consolidated...and average years I still pay over double the maximum allowable deduction

FoxStang
01-27-2011, 01:22 PM

I would be taking a few more less tangible factors in doing the math on that, and would probably have a different investment outlook. But for simplicity sake I hear where your coming from. I would certainly handle it differently.

Understandable if a sizable amount of that comes from "credits", I'm in the same boat with my educational fees. But if all of that is from a misappropriation of withholding's, there's certainly an improvement to be made in your financial arrangements. I guess it all comes down to preference, risk and time outlook. Once again, not the way that I would handle the situation.

I hear ya on the glass house, my last automotive hobby purchase was roughly 9 months ago as I'm trying to curtail excessive spending till I graduate. I like to think I'm showing a little bit of a financial responsibility and restraint. :)

GHOSST
01-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Filed yesterday. Hopefully state comes fast like usual gotta fix the VW.

Don't you guys get paid thru dfas/mypay too??

I printed those off on the 2nd from mypay, just waiting on some from Coke, I worked part-time there 20hrs a week... they said W2's were mailed last week! Still nothing.. going to call again. And I just got my 1098-E today for my school loans.. so just waiting on damn Coke!

Exitspeed
01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
I can barely rememnder what it's like to get a refund.

Hopin this year we get a refund now that we have a child and our job situations changed.