PDA

View Full Version : Will Jay Cutler ever....

STANMAN
01-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Throw another pass for the Bears? At work we are about 50-50, I am on the "no" side. I mean he just gave up, even if there is something really wrong with his knee, he wasn't even upset about it. I have never seen someone just say "screw it" in such a pivotal game!

On the other side is Chicago DID give up the farm for him, so they have a heavily vested interest in him.

Discuss.

xxtremeteam
01-24-2011, 05:06 PM
cant believe any one would want him after he gave up on a championship game

twicks69
01-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Douche Canoe move on his part. He looked absolutely stupid on the sidelines looking like he was stuck out in the cold and wanted to leave the field. You wouldn't have seen any other Packer or Bear doing that. They would have sucked up their "injury" and continued playing for the chance of a lifetime.

I really hope that they give their 3rd string QB a try as starter. He looked promising out there against us.

jbiscuit
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
He is an idiot. I thought we would have read headlines about his release from the team today but nothing so far. The third stringer looked good!

Waver
01-24-2011, 05:29 PM
No I dont think so....At the start of the season his job was on the line, and well he gave up on it. Would any of us have a job if we just got up and walked out on a major meeting?

Prince Valiant
01-24-2011, 05:29 PM
meh...we'll see. The big question is what would the bears be able to get in return? Who could they sign that would put them in a better spot? Who would be willing to take him too?

Vick is likely to stay in PHI. Several other free-agents are no danger to move. That leaves? Lienart? Alex Smith? Trade for Vince Young who is proving to be another head-case? Jamarcus Russell 'illin' out on purple drank?

If anything, this is what I think would happen...they'll bring in Marc Bulger as a FA signing.

Marc Bulger couldn't beat out a so-so but not bad Joe Flacco w/ the ravens, but is very familiar w/ Mike Martz's offense, the bears current O coordinator.. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bulger come in to compete for a job against Cutler. Bulger has been down the last 4 years or so though...but he's only 33 or 34 yet, so still serviceable.

But I would be surprised to not see Cutler either in a bears uniform, or not starting....the guy is what 26-27? They'll think they can ride out his immaturity issues imo...

SSDude
01-24-2011, 05:48 PM
One scenario I heard was he could end up in Washington with his old buddy Shanihan

05caddyext
01-24-2011, 06:08 PM
he will be there for a long time. He is their franchise qb, they gave up a lot for him. he always looks like that on the sideline, an idiot. they arent going to trade him the team was 12-4.

GTSLOW
01-24-2011, 06:28 PM
They are currently talking with brett favre. Cutlers done in chicago.

Car Guy
01-24-2011, 07:22 PM
They are currently talking with brett favre. Cutlers done in chicago.

THIS would be awesome......:headbang

Holeshot
01-24-2011, 08:45 PM
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7328&stc=1&d=1295923442

WhatsADSM
01-24-2011, 09:36 PM
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7328&stc=1&d=1295923442
:rolf :rolf

PB86MCSS
01-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Cutler isn't going anywhere, at least not this off-season.

WI_Dave
01-25-2011, 06:58 AM
he will be there for a long time. He is their franchise qb, they gave up a lot for him. he always looks like that on the sideline, an idiot. they arent going to trade him the team was 12-4.

^^ They have not gone out and got a quality qb in the last 7 years why start now? ( just guessing at the years prob more than 7)

BR3W CITY
01-25-2011, 08:48 AM
I still remember hearing in pre-season the first year they brought in Cutler; he was supposed to be the saving grace of the team. Some uber-stud leader that would take them to the next level.
They ended up with the 2nd biggest drama queen in the nfl.

GTSLOW
01-25-2011, 09:11 AM

I thought the bears went 11-5 this year?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/chicagobears/schedule?team=CHI&id=0810

Karps TA
01-25-2011, 09:24 AM
From things I've heard and read what was seen on TV in flashes was not the whole story. That he was upset about being taken out, and that he was trying to help. As usual we like to take 2 seconds of anything, and form an opinion of a situation.

I admit he comes off like a person who doesn't give a shit about the sport, but that's just some people's personality. I sometimes think as a pro athlete that maybe that's the correct way to handle it, cause sooner or later the media will drag you through the mud anyways regardless of how popular you may be.

PB86MCSS
01-25-2011, 07:56 PM
He always had ability and with a strong arm like his, people thought he might become one of the games next good/great QB's but hasn't gotten to that level yet. The Bears overpaid for him and that was the consensus at the time, a reach for "maybe" a stud QB who hasn't reached that level. Going from Shanahan to the typically conservative Bears no one could expect him to have better numbers, even bringing in Martz can only do so much. Orton and Grossman were average and Cutler is above average but for what they gave up (IIRC two 1st round picks plus Orton), not a huge upgrade. Their WR's still suck and o-line isn't that good either. If they get a couple good WR's then lookout, maybe. But the Bears have never really had a stud WR, Curtis Conway, Mushin Mohammed? Heh.

He comes off as a d-bag for sure and many stories back that up. But this whole thing was portrayed pretty unfairly right away especially by fellow players and shows how effing stupid Twitter/tweets are. Standing on the sideline looks bad with a leg injury, but I haven't had the pleasure of a MCL strain so I don't know.

gottwins?
01-26-2011, 04:11 PM
He always had ability and with a strong arm like his, people thought he might become one of the games next good/great QB's but hasn't gotten to that level yet. The Bears overpaid for him and that was the consensus at the time, a reach for "maybe" a stud QB who hasn't reached that level. Going from Shanahan to the typically conservative Bears no one could expect him to have better numbers, even bringing in Martz can only do so much. Orton and Grossman were average and Cutler is above average but for what they gave up (IIRC two 1st round picks plus Orton), not a huge upgrade. Their WR's still suck and o-line isn't that good either. If they get a couple good WR's then lookout, maybe. But the Bears have never really had a stud WR, Curtis Conway, Mushin Mohammed? Heh.

He comes off as a d-bag for sure and many stories back that up. But this whole thing was portrayed pretty unfairly right away especially by fellow players and shows how effing stupid Twitter/tweets are. Standing on the sideline looks bad with a leg injury, but I haven't had the pleasure of a MCL strain so I don't know.

I agree, I laughed at what the bears gave up for him. Denver made Cutler look a lot better than what he is (look at how Orton has been throwing the ball around the last 2 years.)

-They will not get rid of him before the beggining of next year (you really think they are going to throw away someone who "Assisted" in taking them to the nfc championship, someone who they gave up a decent QB and first round picks for? Seriously?

-The bears will not outsource a QB...thats barely realistic with how the rookie performed.

drewbird91
01-26-2011, 09:28 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs793.ash1/168300_683293557274_20306695_38192231_6806998_n.jp g

WI_Dave
01-27-2011, 06:36 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs793.ash1/168300_683293557274_20306695_38192231_6806998_n.jp g

:rolf:rolf

BR3W CITY
01-28-2011, 09:18 AM
TMZ was on after Fox news last night and they saw him walking through an outdoor mall with his gf (Christen Cavalari). The media was trying to bust him out soo bad; your knee hurts so bad you can't fight for a chance to play in the superbowl, but the next day you and The Hills bitch can go on a stroll?

WI_Dave
01-28-2011, 10:52 AM
TMZ was on after Fox news last night and they saw him walking through an outdoor mall with his gf (Christen Cavalari). The media was trying to bust him out soo bad; your knee hurts so bad you can't fight for a chance to play in the superbowl, but the next day you and The Hills bitch can go on a stroll?

I saw something that said he elected to take the stairs instead of the elevator too.

BR3W CITY
01-28-2011, 02:21 PM
If that was me, I better be in a goddamn electric wheelchair.

GHOSST
01-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Cutler was clearly just sitting on the sideline doing nothing... I was looking for him to at least be into it, helping his backup QB's in the least. Did he? Nope. Every camera shot I seen was him just sitting next to Collins or Hanie just staring off into space while they look into the playbook... Some team player he is..

spooln30
01-29-2011, 01:14 AM
He has a piss poor attitude and will never be a "great QB". If I was a pro football player on his team, say playing on the OL and he was acting how he does, a brat, I would let him get his ass sacked. Oops! He's a douch bag.

GHOSST
01-29-2011, 06:14 AM
He has a piss poor attitude and will never be a "great QB". If I was a pro football player on his team, say playing on the OL and he was acting how he does, a brat, I would let him get his ass sacked. Oops! He's a douch bag.

Any Given Sunday, beaman got F'd up when his line didn't block for him, classic!