PDA

View Full Version : wrecked red c6 hale interchange

BlackLightning
01-22-2011, 05:17 PM
ran up to work and saw a wrecked red c6 and it was still there when I left so I snapped a pic. the front end was messed up and bumper missing. It looks like dealer plates and I wonder if it's the one Holz has had sitting on the corner of their lot the last couple weeks.

http://www.racers-edge.org/vette.jpg

Holeshot
01-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Uh Oh !!

Yooformula
01-22-2011, 07:33 PM
so many wrecks today for some reason. I saw 2 rolled trucks today that imo were due to speeding. fucking people should stay home if its anything other than sunny.

GTSLOW
01-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Wife witnessed that one, said the guy was driving like a huge tool.

BAD LS1
01-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Oie that's a Z too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbiscuit
01-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Ouch. Hate to see a Z06 smashed!

Korndogg
01-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Fiance works at Froedtert and she said the same thing. There were so many accidents today it was nuts.

ThatWhiteCivic
01-23-2011, 08:49 AM
A buddy just got a Z06 just like that one. Hope it wasn't him.

animal
01-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Lolz

ThatWhiteCivic
01-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Yep it was him, slid on black ice or something. Hit the wall about 40mph and bent the frame rail in.

http://i55.tinypic.com/1182849.jpg

BAD LS1
01-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Oh nice, bags too it looks like. That car is fucked up. Was he on a test drive? Or he just got it? Let us know if it's junk.

jbiscuit
01-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Wow that looks pretty bad! I would think it has to be junk!

Burgandy85SS
01-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Wow that looks pretty bad! I would think it has to be junk!

That cars worth too much theres no way it will be totaled.

Holeshot
01-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Bummer. Summer tires+ Cold temps and salt film = control fail

ThatWhiteCivic
01-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Oh nice, bags too it looks like. That car is fucked up. Was he on a test drive? Or he just got it? Let us know if it's junk.

I believe he got the car last Wednesda . I'll try to keep yall updated

GTSLOW
01-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Black ice???? Pleeeaaase. The guy was driving like an asshat and lost control. Cold pavement, cold tires, 500hp, and bad driving = accident.

Word has it he was driving like an asshat on highway before he even got on the interstate.

JC70SS
01-23-2011, 01:43 PM
that serves him right for driving that car in the salt.

2JZIS-F
01-23-2011, 07:22 PM
That was my buddy AJ, what was he thinking? Oh i know, the ZR1 is on the way :).

nismodave
01-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Am I the only one that thinks its just dumb to drive a car like that in the winter anyway??

I mean not just the fact that its a wide tire/high hp/rwd car......but why would you want something that nice to get caked in salt??

Well I see Tris post.....Guess people that have all kind of $ dont care.

Lash
01-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Black ice???? Pleeeaaase. The guy was driving like an asshat and lost control. Cold pavement, cold tires, 500hp, and bad driving = accident.

Word has it he was driving like an asshat on highway before he even got on the interstate.

I drove past before the flat bed was even there...looked like the cop had just pulled up. Black ice? lol
He must have been going pretty fast if he only hit the wall at 40.....those tire marks were pretty long....;).

Lash
01-23-2011, 08:06 PM
That cars worth too much theres no way it will be totaled.

Sure it will....especially with frame damage.

shoooo32
01-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Black ice... Yeah. 10 degree dry pavement is like ice to a summer tire. If dude had enough money to hoon a z06 in the middle of winter, smash it and not care, why not buy a kick ass awd winter car with snow tires and leave the vette at home?

GHOSST
01-24-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm sorry but that serves him right, why the hell would you have that gem out in the winter time? It bothers me because I actually want to get one in the near future, yet people have them and can't appreciate them. My buddy just old me there's a C6 on the south side just sitting in the snow.... :chair:

shoooo32
01-24-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm sorry but that serves him right, why the hell would you have that gem out in the winter time? It bothers me because I actually want to get one in the near future, yet people have them and can't appreciate them. My buddy just old me there's a C6 on the south side just sitting in the snow.... :chair:

So your glad he crashed? Do you wish harm to all year round sports car drivers or only to the people who drive cars you might want to buy second hand in the future? :rolleyes:

HP ADDICT
01-24-2011, 09:48 PM
From the cars owner:
TELL THAT DUMB**** AND HIS WIFE I WAS NOT ****ING AROUND IN THE ****ING Z06 AND I HAVE A 50 YEAR OLD WITNESS THAT WAS WITH ME TO VERIFY THAT.

We were on our way to Holz chevy, we drove there 3 miles no issues.. Went to buy the 04 Z06 for my business partner which was already sold. So we turned around and went home..

I did not nor would i have ever ****ed around in that car no matter what...
The rear tires did not break loose, the car just started sliding.

As a matter of fact my business partner and I were talking about it today and we replayed in the head what exactly happend and as I was merging left the car just started sliding towards the inside wall like just floating.... then he said i grabbed the wheel and started over correcting and we went to the right and started a spin..

We were doing 40MPH or less because there was a guy in a jeep SUV in front of us also merging at a slow rate of speed..

God some people are so ****ing retarded, quick to tell some BS story to get some recognition....

I WAS ON THE ****ING ON RAMP MERGING ACROSS 3 LANES OF TRAFFIC AND THERE WAS BLACK ****ING ICE OR SOME KIND OF ICE... OTHERWISE THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN 51 ACCIDENTS BEFORE..1 DURING AND 13 AFTER..

PLEAS COPY AND PASTE THIS

nismodave
01-24-2011, 10:27 PM
boo fucking hoo

animal
01-24-2011, 11:00 PM
lolz

GTSLOW
01-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Drove like an idiot and wrecked his car. Clearly evident here the only "dumb fucking idiot" is the one with the wrecked z06. I'm sure she would just make something up about some guy in a red corvette driving like a tool, and imagine that mins later he's wrecked on the interstate. Lol trying to get recognition please. :rolf

I guess the age of the passenger adds credibility to his story.

BlackLightning
01-24-2011, 11:07 PM
lol. I guess the missed the 13 piled up cars that wrecked after he did. :rolf

there was no ice. the ground was dry.

WhatsADSM
01-24-2011, 11:31 PM
...Clearly evident here the only "dumb fucking idiot" is the one with the wrecked z06...

Funny, sad, a little cold, but true all at the same time.

WilliamZ
01-25-2011, 06:22 AM
That's what insurance is for.. Sucks though..

michelle
01-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Age doesn't necessarily mean credibility, just sayin'.

Yooformula
01-25-2011, 07:05 AM
lol. I guess the missed the 13 piled up cars that wrecked after he did. :rolf

there was no ice. the ground was dry.

devil's advocate here but I counted 8 separate wrecks between good hope rd and the hale interchange between 7-8am. 3 of which involved larger suvs and every car had spun out into barriers with 1 hanging over the ledge of mayfair rd exit/45....just saying. I too was calling every driver an idiot BUT black ice was clearly evident.

BlackLightning
01-25-2011, 08:12 AM
devil's advocate here but I counted 8 separate wrecks between good hope rd and the hale interchange between 7-8am. 3 of which involved larger suvs and every car had spun out into barriers with 1 hanging over the ledge of mayfair rd exit/45....just saying. I too was calling every driver an idiot BUT black ice was clearly evident.

very possible but this was around 4:30PM

PureSound15
01-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Seems a little extreme to say anything like "serves him right."

As if we all drive like angels all the time.

Waver
01-25-2011, 08:38 AM
very possible but this was around 4:30PM

I saw one on my way to work involving a Tundra, a Expedition, and a Honda........That was at 8:15 on 94. As I was finally passing the sheriffs were just arriving, and the drivers were out of the vehicles. The light dusting messed up the roads......

I am sure the weather played a good part in it, however the driver should shoulder some of the responsibility as well.

Flicktitty
01-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Seems a little extreme to say anything like "serves him right."

As if we all drive like angels all the time.

exactly,

and if any of you guys just got a brand new Z06 just a week before like you wouldn't pipe on it a little bit.

hell the chance of me getting a Z06 and keeping it to where it will be noticeable that i drove it a handful of times in the winter is slim and none. sucks it happened either way.

GHOSST
01-25-2011, 11:11 AM
So your glad he crashed? Do you wish harm to all year round sports car drivers or only to the people who drive cars you might want to buy second hand in the future? :rolleyes:

I wish no one harm! Driving a 500hp RWD car in the winter time is asking for trouble, and if "all year round sports car drivers" mean blowing thousands of dollars then point me to that money tree!

And you better believe if I find out a Vette I want to buy has been out in the winter time (or crashed), that sale is done! AWD Sti? Different story.

Flicktitty
01-25-2011, 11:18 AM
And you better believe if I find out a Vette I want to buy has been out in the winter time (or crashed), that sale is done! AWD Sti? Different story.

maybe i'm just on the outside of this, but i don't oogle over vettes much anymore. you see a absolute shit ton of them, and the vast majority of the vettes are owned by people that keep them under covers and dont get past 1/2 throttle and just go to the local deli with there wife and go for a game of golf then go home, you'll find more then enough vettes that haven't seen snow/rain/etc then you can shake a stick at. props to someone for driving a car.

Not to mention its a 2010-2011. it's brand new. if this was a 1967 or a older one, maybe yeah i would be a bit more upset but a new one? yeah.... not so much.

JC70SS
01-25-2011, 11:21 AM
exactly,

and if any of you guys just got a brand new Z06 just a week before like you wouldn't pipe on it a little bit.

hell the chance of me getting a Z06 and keeping it to where it will be noticeable that i drove it a handful of times in the winter is slim and none. sucks it happened either way.

No it would be in STORAGE!

GHOSST
01-25-2011, 11:33 AM
I dunno, I guess I would be part of the deli crowd, because my Vette will be garaged. But your right, just like by beloved 4th Gens, Vetts are everywhere I look now since they are affordable.

And here's the thing, I'm all about driving my sports car, and when the seasons are nice, my sports car is my DD. But when I pay bookoo money for a nice sports car, I'm definitely going to contribute to its longevity. And just because you drive your nice sports car in the winter time doesn't make you any less a car guy than the dude that keeps his garaged smartly during harsh dangerous weather even for normal DD's.

Waver
01-25-2011, 12:59 PM
And here's the thing, I'm all about driving my sports car, and when the seasons are nice, my sports car is my DD. But when I pay bookoo money for a nice sports car, I'm definitely going to contribute to its longevity. And just because you drive your nice sports car in the winter time doesn't make you any less a car guy than the dude that keeps his garaged smartly during harsh dangerous weather even for normal DD's.

So the guy who spent bookoo dollars (even in the 20's after all said and done isn't cheap) but still drives the vehicle through all weather because he/she HAS to isnt smart? Or even those of us who dont have a garage to keep their vehicles in, they arn't smart? I am sorry, but any car, no matter how much hp it has or how nice it is can be driven in the snow, ice, or what not. One just has to drive with a little more care, and invest the money in decent tires for the weather the vehicle is going to be driven in. It dosnt make them any less smart because they get stuck at work during a snow storm and have to drive the vehicle home...

GHOSST
01-25-2011, 01:17 PM
This argument will forever be divided. I didn't have a garage until this year, but I've had my Camaro's for years, and try my hardest to find somewhere to put them in the winter, for the cheapest prices, or free. If you care about your sports car in the slightest you'll take care of it, no if ands or butts. And why would spend money on something you don't want to give the utmost care.

SmokinRAM114
01-25-2011, 01:17 PM
spend $60,000 on a new loaded truck and drive it everyday no one frowns. its a car, has insurance. who cares if the dude drives it. it isnt going to "melt"

Ricky Bobby
01-25-2011, 01:33 PM
spend $60,000 on a new loaded truck and drive it everyday no one frowns. its a car, has insurance. who cares if the dude drives it. it isnt going to "melt"

i agree but, people have to cry about something in the winter :rolf

twicks69
01-25-2011, 01:36 PM

Agreed.

The funny thing is this thread wouldn't have blown up so much if it was a Cadillac CTS-V that crashed. Just another car that hit black ice and hit a wall.

But because it is a Corvette, you guys then call him an idiot for driving it in the winter along with coming to the conclusion that he must have been driving like an asshat.

LOL. You guys are fukcing retarded. It is just a car.

Like anyone that has been involved in an accident in this scenario, I am happy that they are ok, and have insurance for this very reason.

If you want to make comments like he should have had an AWD STI, sure, I will find an additional $25-35K in my back pocket to pick one up for a winter driver. On that note, my 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 and 2G Eclipse were better in the snow ANYDAY than my 2005 Subaru 2.5 Outback Limited. All three cars were on snow tires. Hakkapellitta's or Altimax Artics.

When you hit ice, it doesn't matter what you are driving, what drivetrain configuration you have, or snow tires you have. Even if you had Ice racing tires, you still would be screwed because you are going from dry pavement to ice to dry pavement. Contact patch is still toast.

If he was driving wrecklessly for conditions, then he would have been cited for it, and ticketed. He would have also learned his lesson.

Damn, some of you people are so freaking critical that it is absolutely aggravating. Like any of you people have never hit black ice and had the potential of losing control before; we live in Wisconsin. It is a likelyhood that happens for 3-5 months a year in this state. Your shit stinks like everyone elses. Remember that.

Yooformula
01-25-2011, 02:04 PM

I agree! I used to keep my car home so that even in the winter I could drive it once in a while when the roads were clear. Salt didnt bug me much and I did get stuck in a huge snow storm on a day I rolled the dice and took it to work.
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/Yooformula/IMG_0454.sized.jpg

IcePickFreak
01-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Sorry to see it happen, but no way I would be driving with my summer only tires on my 4000 lb boat, much less a lighter more powerful car. That was just asking for trouble IMO. I swap to winter tires once the temps are getting under 45 because the Potenzas start getting pretty sketchy (non-asshat driving even). Under 30 is just asking for trouble even if your driving Ms. Daisy to bingo IMO.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Waver
01-25-2011, 03:24 PM
This argument will forever be divided. I didn't have a garage until this year, but I've had my Camaro's for years, and try my hardest to find somewhere to put them in the winter, for the cheapest prices, or free. If you care about your sports car in the slightest you'll take care of it, no if ands or butts. And why would spend money on something you don't want to give the utmost care.

I do care about my car, infact, it is my prized possession. However, I drive it, putting on almost 70,000 miles on it in 3 years of ownership. The car was garaged prior to me owning it, lived in a garage for a year, and was stored 1 1/2 winters. However, it is my ONLY car at this time. That dosnt mean that I dont take the utmost care of it. It has NO rust, gets washed 3 times a week with an underbody flush each time, and gets regular maintance on it on time. If it needs somehting, I spare no expense. My car is mildly modded. However I am in the process of modding it while I drive it all year. I bought the car because I enjoy it a lot. However I dont take care of it, right?

Who gives a shit if the guy was driving a zo6 in winter, the car won melt, rust or what not. He has the money and bought it to drive it, not sit around and look at it all day. It is a new enough car that it has NO collectors value at this time, and will depreciate till the day it hits 20 years old. I give him and every one else credit for driving their muscle cars/sports cars all year round. As long as they do what they can to protect them, then I see no problems with it.

GTSLOW
01-25-2011, 03:28 PM
I agree! I used to keep my car home so that even in the winter I could drive it once in a while when the roads were clear. Salt didnt bug me much and I did get stuck in a huge snow storm on a day I rolled the dice and took it to work.
[img]http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/Yooformula/IMG_0454.sized.jpg[img]

Yikes, wouldn't that be a royal pita if the wheels get salt on them? Looks great in that pic :thumbsup

Waver
01-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Yikes, wouldn't that be a royal pita if the wheels get salt on them? Looks great in that pic :thumbsup

wash them? Only reason why I have my 17x10.5's off the Mustang right now is because drag radials arnt good in the snow, and they are just about toast.

Prince Valiant
01-25-2011, 03:38 PM
lol. I guess the missed the 13 piled up cars that wrecked after he did.

there was no ice. the ground was dry. devil's advocate here but I counted 8 separate wrecks between good hope rd and the hale interchange between 7-8am. 3 of which involved larger suvs and every car had spun out into barriers with 1 hanging over the ledge of mayfair rd exit/45....just saying. I too was calling every driver an idiot BUT black ice was clearly evident. very possible but this was around 4:30PM

Interestingly there was an accident just before this too iirc....Saturday afternoon? There was a corolla or something another rolled over just beyond the sign right where i-43/894 split just beyond where the C6 wrecked...

Maybe something was there/happening. Maybe the C6 came up unexpectedly on the nearly stopped traffic we happened upon, since I was driving through around 4:15-4:20 when we had rolled by the rollover...the firetrucks passed us getting to it b/w 76th and the hale interchange, so it had just happened.

GHOSST
01-25-2011, 05:00 PM
I do care about my car, infact, it is my prized possession. However, I drive it, putting on almost 70,000 miles on it in 3 years of ownership. The car was garaged prior to me owning it, lived in a garage for a year, and was stored 1 1/2 winters. However, it is my ONLY car at this time. That dosnt mean that I dont take the utmost care of it. It has NO rust, gets washed 3 times a week with an underbody flush each time, and gets regular maintance on it on time. If it needs somehting, I spare no expense. My car is mildly modded. However I am in the process of modding it while I drive it all year. I bought the car because I enjoy it a lot. However I dont take care of it, right?

Stop taking it personal, I never said YOU didn't take care of anything.

Who gives a shit if the guy was driving a zo6 in winter, the car won melt, rust or what not. He has the money and bought it to drive it, not sit around and look at it all day.

Hahaha, he isn't driving or looking at anything right now except a wrecked car right? Hahaha. Its ok man, like beaters aren't around, I just picked my truck up for $2800. NOT YOU, but if he could afford a Vette why not grab some beater for winter? Or maybe his luck was just that bad because it looks like he just bought it.. Maybe he does own, or was going to get a DD, but end result he's down one Z06 for the time being.

Plain and simple, car enthusiast prefer not to drive their cars in winter, even you wouldn't if you had another car. Do all care? of course not. To each his own. All I know is waiting for spring/summer to pull my car out and cruise to work/school ect. with nice weather is one of the greatest feelings ever, its like Christmas.

GTSLOW
01-25-2011, 05:26 PM
wash them? Only reason why I have my 17x10.5's off the Mustang right now is because drag radials arnt good in the snow, and they are just about toast.

I think those are polished alum wheels? I'm sure they're sealed but not sure how it would hold up against the salt?

Waver
01-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Stop taking it personal, I never said YOU didn't take care of anything.

Hahaha, he isn't driving or looking at anything right now except a wrecked car right? Hahaha. Its ok man, like beaters aren't around, I just picked my truck up for $2800. NOT YOU, but if he could afford a Vette why not grab some beater for winter? Or maybe his luck was just that bad because it looks like he just bought it.. Maybe he does own, or was going to get a DD, but end result he's down one Z06 for the time being.

Plain and simple, car enthusiast prefer not to drive their cars in winter, even you wouldn't if you had another car. Do all care? of course not. To each his own. All I know is waiting for spring/summer to pull my car out and cruise to work/school ect. with nice weather is one of the greatest feelings ever, its like Christmas.

You completely miss the point. You can be a car enthusiast and still drive your nice car in the winter. Last winter I had a truck, and I drove the mustang just as much as I did the truck. Yoo even said that he used to drive his Formula in the winter. A few other people on here do the same. It was the guys choice. You are taking a risk driving your nice vehicle anytime of the year, not just in winter. True, if given the choice, if it is snowing or slushy, I would prefer to drive a truck, however the other days of the week, I will take the Mustang. Maybe he thought it wasnt all that bad? I didnt when I left work on saturday, and went down the same stretch of road where the accident happened. In the morning it was shit, in the afternoon/evening, not so much. It was a judgement call.

GHOSST
01-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Very valid points. But when I think of winter, I think of snow and salt and nasty slush. All things I don't want on my nice car, and those conditions are more likely during winter. If the day is nice, and streets are nice, why not bring the car out, but its a simulation of nice weather, i.e. spring/summer. This argument is about shitty roads, shitty weather, and bad judgment, that is all.

shawn
01-25-2011, 06:19 PM
...............oh no another crashed vette, some people just got their heads so far up their ass all they see is bullshit. no one got hurt or killed, i work at a body shop and i see that thing as repairable, frame damage or no frame damage. u can be surprise by wat a frame puller can do. and if it is junk, im sure someone could part that thing out and make a penny or two. theres still many good parts on that car. all in all, im not gonna lose any sleep over it.

GHOSST
01-25-2011, 06:25 PM
...............oh no another crashed vette, some people just got their heads so far up their ass all they see is bullshit. no one got hurt or killed, i work at a body shop and i see that thing as repairable, frame damage or no frame damage. u can be surprise by wat a frame puller can do. and if it is junk, im sure someone could part that thing out and make a penny or two. theres still many good parts on that car. all in all, im not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Of course your not gonna lose sleep. The more crashed vette's the more work you have! :D

buttersgt350
01-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Agreed.

The funny thing is this thread wouldn't have blown up so much if it was a Cadillac CTS-V that crashed. Just another car that hit black ice and hit a wall.

But because it is a Corvette, you guys then call him an idiot for driving it in the winter along with coming to the conclusion that he must have been driving like an asshat.

LOL. You guys are fukcing retarded. It is just a car.

Like anyone that has been involved in an accident in this scenario, I am happy that they are ok, and have insurance for this very reason.

If you want to make comments like he should have had an AWD STI, sure, I will find an additional $25-35K in my back pocket to pick one up for a winter driver. On that note, my 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 and 2G Eclipse were better in the snow ANYDAY than my 2005 Subaru 2.5 Outback Limited. All three cars were on snow tires. Hakkapellitta's or Altimax Artics.

When you hit ice, it doesn't matter what you are driving, what drivetrain configuration you have, or snow tires you have. Even if you had Ice racing tires, you still would be screwed because you are going from dry pavement to ice to dry pavement. Contact patch is still toast.

If he was driving wrecklessly for conditions, then he would have been cited for it, and ticketed. He would have also learned his lesson.

Damn, some of you people are so freaking critical that it is absolutely aggravating. Like any of you people have never hit black ice and had the potential of losing control before; we live in Wisconsin. It is a likelyhood that happens for 3-5 months a year in this state. Your shit stinks like everyone elses. Remember that.

I also agree

Taetsch Z-24
01-30-2011, 07:47 PM
I payed $240 for my 94 S-10 4X4 Blazer...

The Monaro sleeps... Though I would like the next 6-8 weeks to go by quickly.

GHOSST
01-30-2011, 09:35 PM

Wow thats an awesome price! I know I paid a little more for mine, buts its a true SS, very hard to find. I can't wait to throw an LS1 in it...

PureSound15
01-30-2011, 10:02 PM

Wut? GTO?

Red97GTP
01-30-2011, 10:42 PM
I can't believe this hasn't been said yet. Doesn't this car have stability control?

I know that it won't work in all situations, but it's there to make sure things like this doesn't happen.

In winter, I drive with my stability control on, every time. Did this guy have it turned off like he was maybe screwing around beforehand?

Im not placing blame, but anytime I've over steered or under steered my stability system did an awesome job of keeping me on the road. I own a nissan, so it might be a little different, but I can't imagine it would be that much of a difference.

:shrug:

GHOSST
01-31-2011, 01:37 PM
I know the traction control in my bimmer and camaro seem to kick in when there is loss of tire traction only, I could be wrong.

Is it possible to slide on black ice with little tire spin and strictly momentum? I dunno this thread is kinda dead.. lol

Taetsch Z-24
02-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Wut? GTO?

... I kinda take calling it a GTO like calling a cavalier a Cadillac cimarron

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/05/Cimarron_d%27Oro.jpg

STILL A CAVALIER!!

And the quasi BMW style grills are killing it for me....

Only saving grace for me is the whole IRS\T56\LSX\NON UAW car thing going on with it.
(and getting a REAL Holden bumber is around 1500...)

GTSLOW
02-02-2011, 11:02 PM
... I kinda take calling it a GTO like calling a cavalier a Cadillac cimarron

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/05/Cimarron_d%27Oro.jpg

STILL A CAVALIER!!

And the quasi BMW style grills are killing it for me....

Only saving grace for me is the whole IRS\T56\LSX\NON UAW car thing going on with it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MnYUbSuNDs4/THnv5Ez-K1I/AAAAAAAAAFU/0HlRff-zeSU/s640/in+english+please+time+coleman.jpg

:confused

mrz28M6
02-03-2011, 09:44 AM
I say just get some blizzaks and call it a day! lol

Taetsch Z-24
02-03-2011, 11:27 AM
I do NOT own a "GTO". It is a Holden Monaro.

Calling it a "GTO" is like calling a Cavalier a Cadie, GM did this back in the 80's with the name "cimarron". Hence my analogy,

Tracking?

PureSound15
02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
No. It's a GTO, right?

Rocket Power
02-03-2011, 02:13 PM

Bumber? Is that a Dr. Seuss word?:goof

GTSLOW
02-03-2011, 02:43 PM
No. It's a GTO, right?

He's got an imported RHD monaro.

Taetsch Z-24
02-03-2011, 04:57 PM
No. It's a GTO, right?

Yes.

If I ever was to import anything RHD, it would be a 92 Escort RS. I love that car.

But for now...http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album31/IMG_0015.sized.jpg
With a actual bracket fabed up for the throttle cable.

As for calling it a Monaro all the time, when I look up parts for it, all the pics have the Holden listed, but parts are all for a GTO. I just wish I could order, from GM, the Holden BUMPER :goof cover.
Oh well.

But no, No snow tires on the "GTO" I will keep a S10 4X4 around (unless I can get that scourt RS...).