PDA

View Full Version : new posts button

MoCkiN U
01-21-2011, 05:07 AM
I see more and more lately when I come back to the board from not being on it a day or so the new posts button either says no new posts found OR it only shows 3 to 4 posts and there will be tons of new ones.

Could this be a system setting that got changed somehow or just a minor issue with the board?

WI_Dave
01-21-2011, 07:27 AM
I have missed entire threads by only using new post button. Not every thread shows up every time for some reason.

TheRX7Project
01-21-2011, 11:12 AM
^^ Would be nice, lots of message boards have a "recent posts" button.

Yooformula
01-21-2011, 01:57 PM
I see more and more lately when I come back to the board from not being on it a day or so the new posts button either says no new posts found OR it only shows 3 to 4 posts and there will be tons of new ones.

Could this be a system setting that got changed somehow or just a minor issue with the board?

is the forum your home page for your browser? mine is and if someone else logs on the net then wanders around I have no new posts when I go to check the forum. just a thought, otherwise Andy will have to delve into this one.

MoCkiN U
01-21-2011, 02:11 PM
nope. just my daily landing spot as everyone else

MoCkiN U
01-21-2011, 02:42 PM
something got clicked or fixed cause when I came back just now I had a shit ton of new posts

Yooformula
01-21-2011, 03:43 PM
something got clicked or fixed cause when I came back just now I had a shit ton of new posts

glad it worked out for ya.

Cryptic
02-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I didn't do anything. I believe that new post system is based off your last time you visited the site.

MoCkiN U
02-20-2011, 05:10 PM
hmmm. im a weirdo I guess cause still finding posts that I havent seen and Im here everyday. I only have 4 new posts each time I come in. Got home from work after a 10 hour day, clicked new posts and only 4 posts. You bishes talk more than that about WOW show and that didnt even pop up

wikked
02-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Works fine for me, usually a page or 2 of new posts every 12hrs.

MoCkiN U
02-21-2011, 10:53 PM
okay. got some advise from Chris and one of the following worked. I have tons and tons of new posts now

deleted all bcm bookmarks
deleted all cookies and history
logged out of tapatalk for bcm on the phone
reset home pc
logged out of bcm at work

My thought is either work OR the tapatalk app on my droid phone was keeping me logged in all the time to show so little history so none of the stuff coming up was appearing to me as new cause I was always on it thought. All good now.

twicks69
02-26-2011, 10:59 PM
My phone and my PC do not see any new posts. Please put up an actual tab "todays posts".

Thanks,

michelle
02-27-2011, 06:53 AM
Isn't the What's New? the "new posts" tab?

I had to change my bookmark tab on Firefox to the new link:
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1408